Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Crystal Palace (H) Pre-Match Thread!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
1646465591281.jpeg

IT’S MAAAAAAAAAATCHDAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!

Here we go again! After two disappointing and frustrating performances and results down in the capital, we’re back on more familiar ground today, a home game and a chance to get things moving in the right direction again.

Crystal Palace is a strange team. They always seem to draw whenever I check the results. They were miles better than us at their place but we were way off the pace that day so I think it’s a closer thing than that, and definitely today should be a different game. They obviously have some talent up front and we’ll have to be wary, but we have the players to cause them problems too. Famous last words but it could be a fairly open game.

Some big decisions for Bruno to make selection wise. You’d think or definitely hope that Moutinho, Ait Nouri and Podence will come back in. I’m not against Fabio starting again but I wonder if Raul will be back in. Also he’s been talking Boly up before the game so maybe he’ll come in for Saiss.

This is the start of a little run of fixtures where you’d back us to pick up a good number of points, so today sets the tone really. Forget the last few games they’ve gone, now we’re focused on today. Like I say Crystal Palace are a dangerous side to play because of the forward options and if you’re not at it they’ll turn you over, but at Molineux the emphasis is on our lads to show up and put in a performance. Let’s hope we can show what we’re all about.

Whether you’re following from Wolverhampton or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads!

COYW!

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's that time of the year when Wolverhampton experiences strange gravitational forces as Zaha's bigheaded ego arrives in the sunny Black Country.

Could be a tough game today. Palace have looked good at times this season, but very inconsistent, which is to be expected given the changes made there last summer.

I'm hopeful for a win. As I said previously, the xG stats which we have been beating seem to be catching up with us in the last couple of matches. A good performance and a convincing win would be great.

We can win this!!

Last edited:

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I will repeat what I said so often last season.
It doesn't matter who plays (except Trincao, obviously) - what matters is the attitude of the players.
Play like we did against Spurs or Man United and we'll win
Play like we did last Sunday and we'll lose - and lose by more than one goal
And PLEASE if we get a throw-in near their penalty box, try and score. DON'T pass it back to Jose Sa

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For goodness lads, PLEASE stop continually passing back to other defenders AND Sa!!!

It slows the impetus and allows the opposition to regroup.

Keep on the front foot and attack from the start!!

You know it makes sense!

Neto should start, along with Boly, Podence Moutinho Silva, Hwang and Johnny.
Chiquinho also needs a chance, along with other U23s on the bench.

Need 3 points to stop the rot!

Last edited:

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope we see ait Nouri back, Podence and Moutinho, and fabio to start. Maybe with Raul. And dear god let it be a better game than palace away! Bit nervous for today, palace are a good team and press well. We will need to be on top form and that includes the South Bank, who've been quite quiet recently!

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't start Jonny against zahar
Can't start Neto
Can't start with hoever trincao or Silva
Hwang is our best finisher
Can't get over run in midfield again.
I'd play RAN against Zahar
So...
Sa
RAN. Kilman. Coady...saiss. Marcel
Cundle neves mouthinio
Podence hwang

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've been really impressed by Palace this season whenever I've watched them. Surprised they find themselves so low

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Big game this. Win and Liverpool beat West Ham then all of a sudden we're only two points behind them again, with a game in hand to play on Thursday.

If we don't win I think that's our season done and will mean there's not much riding on the last 11 games apart from a bit of pride and getting key players match fit. That'd be dull.

Come on boys.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't start Jonny against zahar
Can't start Neto
Can't start with hoever trincao or Silva
Hwang is our best finisher
Can't get over run in midfield again.
I'd play RAN against Zahar
So...
Sa
RAN. Kilman. Coady...saiss. Marcel
Cundle neves mouthinio
Podence hwang
WOW WW,
After the above observations, I reckon Bruno has a rival for Head Coach.
Just saying.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For goodness lads, PLEASE stop continually passing back to other defenders AND Sa!!!

You know it makes sense!

A somewhat more sophisticated form of "Gerrit forward" or "put it in the mixer". The key role that ball retention plays in modern football obviously bypassed you and similar folk. Having said that we undoubtedly do go back too often. A happy medium is what is required.

Oh, and play Neto and Jonny (whose name you can't even get correct) from the start potentially regardless of what the medics say and the possible long-term implications? Methinks not unless Bruno is sure that they are fully up to it.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It doesn't matter who plays (except Trincao, obviously) - what matters is the attitude of the players.
And PLEASE if we get a throw-in near their penalty box, try and score. DON'T pass it back to Jose Sa
Sums it up nicely.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A must win to keep any hopes of Europe alive, I'm not confident after the last few performances

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Woo, get you WW!
Predicted text re Jonny. Not guilty your honour!
Not 'whose name you can't even get correct '
As you stated!
Having supported this wonderful club, since 1956, I probably haven't yet caught up with the modern tactics, of continually passing back!!!

I bow to you undoubted superior knowledge.

No offence intended, maybe just accept others take on things, don't comply with yours.

End of.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A somewhat more sophisticated form of "Gerrit forward" or "put it in the mixer". The key role that ball retention plays in modern football obviously bypassed you and similar folk. Having said that we undoubtedly do go back too often. A happy medium is what is required.

Oh, and play Neto and Jonny (whose name you can't even get correct) from the start potentially regardless of what the medics say and the possible long-term implications? Methinks not unless Bruno is sure that they are fully up to it.

Think Elvis is right in the spirit of it. Ball retention by all means, but not from opposition final third back to the goalie, unless Sa is already half way up the pitch supporting the attack! Think we saw a couple of especially poor examples in the last game, and hopefully Bruno has been on their backs to keep the pressure on when we’re up the pitch and not fall back.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think Elvis is right in the spirit of it. Ball retention by all means, but not from opposition final third back to the goalie, unless Sa is already half way up the pitch supporting the attack! Think we saw a couple of especially poor examples in the last game, and hopefully Bruno has been on their backs to keep the pressure on when we’re up the pitch and not fall back.
Perhaps l was being unfair to Elvis but lately the underlying "We miss hoofball" brigade do seem to have reappeared.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Woo, get you WW!
Predicted text re Jonny. Not guilty your honour!
Not 'whose name you can't even get correct '
As you stated!
Having supported this wonderful club, since 1956, I probably haven't yet caught up with the modern tactics, of continually passing back!!!

I bow to you undoubted superior knowledge.

No offence intended, maybe just accept others take on things, don't comply with yours.

End of.
Had missed this. See my response to Sussex Wolf. I certainly don't claim any superior knowledge. Absolutely agree that everyone is entitled to their view and accept that l may have got your whole meaning wrong. To be fair l did actually agree with you to some extent.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It has a lot to do with the opposition, too. If Palace defence starts off as generous as Spurs, then we should take the lead and win. If not, then we will find it hard to score, because we always do against a solid defence/hard working midfield.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I feel great about this one. Bruno hasn’t gotten many wrong but the last CP game was one of them. Thought we’d have the ball, but nope. Bruno will get it right and the boys will respond.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There really aren't any easy games in the premier league. A game we should win and need to to avert going into a losing spiral.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Big game this. Win and Liverpool beat West Ham then all of a sudden we're only two points behind them again, with a game in hand to play on Thursday.

If we don't win I think that's our season done and will mean there's not much riding on the last 11 games apart from a bit of pride and getting key players match fit. That'd be dull.

Come on boys.
And city beat united

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had missed this. See my response to Sussex Wolf. I certainly don't claim any superior knowledge. Absolutely agree that everyone is entitled to their view and accept that l may have got your whole meaning wrong. To be fair l did actually agree with you to some extent.

No problem mate!

Wolves ONLY Wolves!

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You know it makes sense!

Wow Elvis, you arnt ever Gona replace Bruno as head coach..start with Neto boly and Silva .. seriously!! LOL
and you Wana give possession away??
Just saying
Ps whose johnny ?

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You know it makes sense!

If we only play a team of 7, I don't think we'll win. ;)

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Three points today would be greatly appreciated. It's a tough game, but they all are at this level. With the right attitude and approach I think we can win.

2 - 0 Wolves.

MontyR

Reaction score
Raul and AIT Nouri dropped from a few Wolves players FPL team this week. It doesn’t guarantee they’re benched, but doesn’t look promising considering Wolves have a double game week.

Could we see Marcal and Silva these few games?

Reaction score
Possibly Moutinho was freeing up budget to bring in Kane to his FPL team. I don’t think any of the others have transferred Raúl out but most of them with active teams didn’t have him anyway. Raúl has started himself in his own team, FWIW, but maybe he’s confident in getting a return off the bench and/or starting at least one of the two games.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow Elvis, you arnt ever Gona replace Bruno as head coach..start with Neto boly and Silva .. seriously!! LOL
and you Wana give possession away??
Just saying
Ps whose johnny ?
Never said that I was gonna replace Bruno,
I was referring to Wicked Wolfie.
Jonny mate! It was predicted text that gave me Johnny !!
End of.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Bruno could spring a surprise at the back.

Sa
Kilman Boly Coady Saiss Ait Nouri

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No Ait Nouri or Semedo makes the formation a bit useless. Can’t expect the remaining WBs to produce anything. Think we have to go 4 at the back.

Back
Top Bottom