Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Conor doubtful for Monday

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our captain is doubtful for Monday’s game against Southampton due to self isolation rules. I really hope he can play as we will surely miss his vocal presence amongst other things.

If he can’t play who will be our skipper?

Moutinho for me if he starts.
Or:
Neves?
Rui?
Raul?

Thoughts not just for this game but do we have a vice captain anyway?

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd be less worried about the captain role and more worried about who will do his sweeper role
Saiss would appear to be Conors replacement.

There is always Donk but he seems to be settled in his midfield role.

quirky_birky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If that’s true I want us to play 4 at the back

Rui
semedo. Boly. Kilman. Ait
pod. Neves. Donk. neto
Vitnha.
raul
We've played with three central defenders for the whole of Nuno's tenure so far. I really doubt that we'll switch to a flat back four for one game when one of our most influential defenders is out. If it was something we'd experimented with before then that would be different.

Saiss is the obvious personnel replacement, while Neves is vice captain,so will assume the captaincy. I'm sure Saiss wouldn't be shy in organising the defence either.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saiss would appear to be Conors replacement.

There is always Donk but he seems to be settled in his midfield role.

I agree, he just doesn't seem to have the long range passing ability, which means we'll be inviting even more pressure.

I think id prefer us to add another body in to the midfield to provide more short pass options.

So maybe surprise Southampton with both Vitinha and Silva playing instead of Podence and Neto

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can see it now. Traore slots into the sweeper role, gets the ball deep, dribbles it past the whole Southampton team, and scores the winner in injury time.
And Boly goes off on a stretcher taking oxygen after putting in the biggest shift of his life

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Reading between the lines of Nunos interview, it's as much a case that he's not been able to train for two weeks, other than alone at home.
Fair enough thanks, so he's available but might not be selected. I can't see any way that would stop Coady playing though. Not exactly getting to know the role and in need of coaching input! Probably done more physical work than if he'd been away with England.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought that Coady was ok for the Southampton game because it has been moved to the Monday.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
If Coady's self isolation period is over by Monday he will definitely play, regardless of not training. He's a very fit lad and Nuno will have no hesitation in putting him back in. Seems strange there is confusion about the self isolation period. Surely it's either over or it's not?

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's been training during the week on his own, so his fitness won't be an issue. :)

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's been training during the week on his own, so his fitness won't be an issue. :)

Coady doesn't need to move, anyway. As long as he's fit enough to run from goal area up to half way line 4 or 5 times in a match. :)

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coady wasnt training on Thursday looking at the latest training video. No sign of Donck or Saiss either. Ait Nouri was training.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coady wasnt training on Thursday looking at the latest training video. No sign of Donck or Saiss either. Ait Nouri was training.
As Coady hasn't got the virus I'm sure he'd be allowed to come in and train alone. Like Boris, I expect he's as fit as a butcher's dog!!!!!!

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Coady was self isolating though wouldn’t be in the main training
Don’t know about saiss or donk maybe additional time off due to travel??

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Donk played Wednesday night in Belgium so would explain him not being there.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Think Nuno said in his press conference that he wouldn't have the full squad back together again until Saturday.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No chance Coady misses this match, he's had a nice break and will be raring to go.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd be gutted that his long playing streak will be over because he's been near someone with COVID.
100+ games must be ?

Back
Top Bottom