Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Connor Ronan - Past, Present or Future?

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That's a bold statement. One has consistently played at the top level, the other.....
Not meant to be digging Donk out tbh - but donks gifts are more physical - he’s big, he runs around a lot and has good stamina. Ronan is the opposite - he has far more football ability in his technique and vision, but he’s much smaller and limited physically (although still has a really good engine, but never going to beat the likes of Donk in the air!)

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we want to win games then if he is at PL level we go with Ronan, if we simply dont want to lose games then we go with Donk, I have rarely if ever since he has been with us seen Donk create anything, the issue with Ronan is is he a PL level player ?, the only way to find out is give him game time.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not meant to be digging Donk out tbh - but donks gifts are more physical - he’s big, he runs around a lot and has good stamina. Ronan is the opposite - he has far more football ability in his technique and vision, but he’s much smaller and limited physically (although still has a really good engine, but never going to beat the likes of Donk in the air!)
Ok, that makes sense.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
REALLY? I cant remember donck ever winning a header
I can remember plenty. They go flying into the crowd from point blank range in the penalty area. When he defends, he never wind headers I remember the game Bruno brought him in at the back he actually misjudged the flight of the ball and Bruno never played him there again

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
If we stick with a four and play Ronan over switching to a five and playing Coady, that’s a huge sign to Conor (not Connor) that he doesn’t have much of a future here. Either way, we really shouldn’t be in this position.

Good luck to Ronan if he starts. Huge opportunity for him.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If connor has a run of games and does well then you are looking at his transfer value rising from 1 million to 5 million plus

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

im pretty sure he’s scored a couple of headers and (according to the PL stats page) he’s made 111 headed clearances, surely they can’t all have been unchallenged.
He's actually never kicked a ball, won a header, made a pass. Every game he is 2/10 and the reason we lose. Sorry Hwang is also sometimes the reason we lose.
The rest have never put a foot wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

reanswolf

Technically he is good but I don’t believe he’d make the bench of any other premier club.

Division Two standard for me. Hope he proves me wrong.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nothing against the lad but if Lage won't play you today then he never will.

Not trusted so may as well leave.

My opinion is that Lage is right. It was total desperation thinking this lad could feature and shows how bad a position we're in. Again, nothing against Ronan who seems a top lad and I wish him the best.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He would have featured today if Bruno thought he was ready or good enough. Same with Cundle.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Technically he is good but I don’t believe he’d make the bench of any other premier club.

Division Two standard for me. Hope he proves me wrong.
League One maybe pushing Championship for me. A solid player, but let’s be real. Standing out in the SPL means very little. Realistically probably the same for Cundle, although perhaps too early to say without letting him go out on loan.

Chem Campbell I do think can play at this level, but he needs a loan for the experience. If Corbeanu can get a Championship loan, I’d like to think he could as well. That can’t happen without us bringing in players though.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lage is in a Catch-22 situation. If he plays Ronan, who undoubtedly deserves a chance, the powers that be may think we don’t need midfield strengthening.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lage is in a Catch-22 situation. If he plays Ronan, who undoubtedly deserves a chance, the powers that be may think we don’t need midfield strengthening.
Well that would be a stupid game for Lage to play.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we strengthen, as we should, the midfield then Ronan is less likely to get that chance which you rightly say that he deserves. Either give him game time or let him go to a club that will.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quite surprised Ronan didn’t get a move, surely it would have been fair to let the lad move for a small fee? Lage doesn’t seem willing to use him.
Didn’t st Mirren offer £500k at the end of his loan?

SingYourHeartsOut

"Inglorious"
Reaction score
Quite confused all round. Not long ago we didn't want to block Cundle's path, now he's back out on loan and Ronan's staying? Have they swapped places? Do feel we had to keep one of them, but fear that one will never get on the pitch.

Kcb92

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Quite confused all round. Not long ago we didn't want to block Cundle's path, now he's back out on loan and Ronan's staying? Have they swapped places? Do feel we had to keep one of them, but fear that one will never get on the pitch.
Exactly this imo, needed one for absolute emergencies and probably feel it would waste time in Cundle's development having him fulfil that role.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think his game is similar to Moutinho’s so he can learn a lot under his wing in training. his set piece delivery is extraordinary and could supply sasa K when Jao is tiring.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t hurt to hold onto Ronan and see what he’s got, at least until January. No rush to get him out. If we stick with a 3-man MF then he’s quite necessary, if he’d left there’d have been an uproar. Cundle, he had to go get games. Can’t go two seasons just training and playing spot minutes.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably about 7 games maybe?
Telling he didn't even make the bench vs Preston
IIn fairness I guess that was in anticipation of either another loan or selling him. Now as he is still here I would like to see him in action for us to see what he can do.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

IIn fairness I guess that was in anticipation of either another loan or selling him. Now as he is still here I would like to see him in action for us to see what he can do.
Not convinced he makes the bench without injuries

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think his game is similar to Moutinho’s so he can learn a lot under his wing in training. his set piece delivery is extraordinary and could supply sasa K when Jao is tiring.
For me Moutinho offers very little now apart from simple sideways passes, constant fouling, crap FKs and crap corners. Ronan needs to be brought along quickly with minutes on the pitch and certainly imv starting Cup games. No point keeping him here to just sit on the bench all season.

Back
Top Bottom