Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Chiquinho

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Poor from the E&S to drum up clicks, hope they use headlines more honestly than this over the summer or they will lose readers in the long run

Hypothetically, our recruitment would have to be immense to loan Chiquinho, no doubt he needs to play but lets see if we bring in enough players ahead of him in the pecking order to even consider minutes elsewhere, right now he's as good as anyone as an option in the team

Those lads in the U23's are absolutely ripe for quality loans... Cundle, Campbell & Bueno are comfortably Champ quality now IMHO and must play at that level next season, maybe Perry, Hodge and one or two others as well from that group... then some more at L1 and below

But Chiquinho is Prem quality and we must have an array of riches in his position to spare him, and we are a way from that right now

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just listening to the Talking Wolves podcast with Tim joining and just heard his comment that he'd heard the club are looking at the lad long term as RWB! For his crossing ability...

Hmmm

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just listening to the Talking Wolves podcast with Tim joining and just heard his comment that he'd heard the club are looking at the lad long term as RWB! For his crossing ability...

Hmmm
"Tim sees him play RWB v Chelsea and Man City"
*Tim thinks*
*Tim writes*
"It is my understanding that...."

No **** Tim!

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Hmmm
3 comments to Tim’s comments:

1) why do we keep buying wingers who’ve never played full-back/wing back and think we can turn them into wing backs?
2) are we not going to a back 4?
3) if he is going to be a wing back then a loan with a club who plays with wing backs maybe helpful for him to learn.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was really looking forward to seeing more of him next season.

Fingers crossed it’s similar to what Neves had and he’s only out for a month or so, rather than nearly a year like Neto was…
Yeah, feel like it could have been a big year for him. Really frustrating. Nothing going right at the moment.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Fingers crossed it’s similar to what Neves had and he’s only out for a month or so, rather than nearly a year like Neto was…
Neves MCL which is what we need to hope for at worst. Neto was a broken kneecap.

If it is an ACL, like Jonny, then it’ll be 6-9 months out.

****er.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If true the club simply have to act and find suitable replacement. No excuses. We need players, decent players.

We’re threadbare on genuine pace in this team (Neto seems to have lost a yard) in the attacking department, Podence for all his trickery doesn’t offer glide past players at speed. Traore we don’t know about his future, and Raul and Hwang I wouldn’t describe as overly quick.

I have to admit I’m getting very worried about next season now, and the implications a poor season will have on our future…

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hijack the Spurs purchase of Spence from Boro. Similar money to what we paid for Traore. Spurs dragging their feet. Might also force Spurs to come back in for Traore…

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This illustrates the folly of trying to survive on a small squad. We were dead lucky in the first PL season with injuries. Now our luck has run out. But it shouldn't depend on luck in a properly run business.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need a suitable replacement. Sellars and the committee probably won't like that but the threadbare squad is now that, in fact, take thread off that word.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This illustrates the folly of trying to survive on a small squad. We were dead lucky in the first PL season with injuries. Now our luck has run out. But it shouldn't depend on luck in a properly run business.
For all the praise the club quite rightly got for the two 7th placed finishes, it’s largely overlooked that we had practically no injuries at all in those 2 years.
Seemed to give us a false sense of security.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hate to think it, but few wingers seem to come back the same from an ACL. Always does them that yard of pace :(

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agreed. Seems the club may have believed they had found some magic formula to having a small, quality, fit squad. When I’m fact they were just lucky and seemingly still don’t truly accept that, despite saying they learnt their lesson.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope he comes back the same and recovers well, if it makes him lose a lot of his pace it could really effect his career

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

From memory, I don't think this is what Neves had. I believe an ACL is a pretty major injury and pretty much writes his entire season off.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gutted for the boy! Hope he recovers as well as he can.

I've waited long enough to say this: Come on Jeff - pull your fingers out and allow Bruno to spend and spend now!

GateWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Seems like an absolutely freak injury according to the report in the E&S which is typical of our luck at the moment

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really feel for the lad, awful luck.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gutted by this news. This summer just goes from bad to worse. Shows what most of us knew and know. The squad is threadbare and only takes an injury or two to cause issues. Chiquinho was also earmarked to be used at wing back as well. As it now stands we have zero cover for Jonny, who himself has had two serious knee injuries, as Semedo is out until October and the rest are kids with zero first team experience.
We can ill afford injuries like this due to the wafer thin squad. The club really need to get their arses in gear and start bringing in some players. The likes of Campbell and Corbeanu must be kept here now until reinforcements arrive.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Write him off for the season. One can say 6-9 months until he‘s back doing something but he won’t be himself for 18 months. Wasted season, wasted year of his life he could’ve spent improving.

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves FB site saying he was injured after a `challenge...does`nt sound like a `freak injury to me, of which i keep reading.
Absolutely gutted for him and the club.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was cautiously optimistic at the start of the summer. I should have known better tbh. A failure to bring in 4/5 decent players is a disaster waiting to happen and who can say they feel confident at this point.

Was really looking forward to seeing this guy next season. Hope he recovers well and as quickly as possible

Back
Top Bottom