Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Chiquinho

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was cautiously optimistic at the start of the summer. I should have known better tbh. A failure to bring in 4/5 decent players is a disaster waiting to happen and who can say they feel confident at this point.

Was really looking forward to seeing this guy next season. Hope he recovers well and as quickly as possible
I was worried that we would see more injuries with the shortened close season....with the domino effect of insufficient rest and too early friendlies. All to serve the insane desire of FIFA and Qatar to hold a lucrative world cup in a entirely unsuitable climate.

Expect more of the same.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We don’t have bad luck

Been very fortunate with injuries . Look at Leicester if you want to see a club with bad luck with injuries
Leicester have worse luck. We seem to avoid niggly little things but 4 serious knee injuries in 2 seasons + the Jimenez one is very very unlucky.

Done my acl myself and I know how it can just be a freak occurrence. Bah

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was worried that we would see more injuries with the shortened close season....with the domino effect of insufficient rest and too early friendlies.
In fairness this doesn't really apply to Chiquinho, who played (too) few minutes last season, though your general point is justifiable.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To try and put a positive spin on this awful news, this could be a huge opportunity for Corbeanu to stake a claim to the at backup wide forward position in the squad.

I agree with that. Massive opportunity for both Campbell and Corbeanu. Both must go to Spain tomorrow.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree with that. Massive opportunity for both Campbell and Corbeanu. Both must go to Spain tomorrow.

Corbeanu is nowhere near ready though, not even as backup. We're in a lot of trouble. Chiquinho was also earmarked as a backup RWB now that Hoever had left. I have a feeling we're just going to have to keep Traore and accept he'll be off on a free in 12 months.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Corbeanu is nowhere near ready though, not even as backup. We're in a lot of trouble. Chiquinho was also earmarked as a backup RWB now that Hoever had left. I have a feeling we're just going to have to keep Traore and accept he'll be off on a free in 12 months.

Trouble with that is I think Adama is on the way out. No sign of him yesterday in the Burnley game. Agree we are in trouble unless we see 4 or 5 incomings over the next couple of weeks.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trouble with that is I think Adama is on the way out. No sign of him yesterday in the Burnley game. Agree we are in trouble unless we see 4 or 5 incomings over the next couple of weeks.

I really think fans need to accept we won’t be seeing 4 or 5 first team ready players joining in the next few weeks.

I hope I’m wrong, genuinely, I only want success for this club, but I’ve seen nothing from the club in months/ maybe even years now in terms of investment, soundbites or actions to suggest we’re going to make the investment in players we as fans think is needed.

Feel free to dig this out at the start of the season if we’ve got a rejuvenated and strengthened squad. Just can’t see it happening.

Reactions: Ian

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ah, I was just thinking amidst the club's borderline-reckless level of squad reduction at present, "We haven't had any serious injuries yet to compound the situation."
Well, here we are.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To try and put a positive spin on this awful news, this could be a huge opportunity for Corbeanu to stake a claim to the at backup wide forward position in the squad.

Chem Campbell for me is ahead of Corbeanu.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well I for one would be happy to get 1 final season out of Adama, regardless of whether he then goes elsewhere for free !!!

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yet neither should really be in the conversation for the first team squad of a team aiming for mid-table in the PL. But here we are.

Lage said Champbell and Chiq are at a similar level but as Chiq can play right wing back he gets the nod for the bench.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gutted by this news. This summer just goes from bad to worse. Shows what most of us knew and know. The squad is threadbare and only takes an injury or two to cause issues. Chiquinho was also earmarked to be used at wing back as well. As it now stands we have zero cover for Jonny, who himself has had two serious knee injuries, as Semedo is out until October and the rest are kids with zero first team experience.
We can ill afford injuries like this due to the wafer thin squad. The club really need to get their arses in gear and start bringing in some players. The likes of Campbell and Corbeanu must be kept here now until reinforcements arrive.

This is really bad news. Was really looking forward to Chiquinho next season as he's done really well so far and had the feeling he was about to explode on the scene as Neto did a couple of seasons ago. Just hope he can recover to where he left off and hopefull get back before end of season.

And Campbell and Corbeanu are just not at Premier League standard yet. If we end up depending on players not up to Premier League standard, then we won't be in it for much longer.

At this rate, more than anything , we need that curse lifted.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With this very bad news MUST surely stir the recruitment team, into action re new signings!!

It REALLY IS becoming VERY frustrating, seeing other clubs making squad enhancing signings!!

OK so we don't know what is going on behind the scenes but we REALLY do need reassurances from the club , that positive recruitment is imminent.

C'mon Wolves, you know it makes sense!!!

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely gutting news. Was really looking forward to seeing him this year. One of the few players who adds a bit of excitement to our painfully dull approach.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The same Corbeanu who failed to be a regular at MK Dons?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With this very bad news MUST surely stir the recruitment team, into action re new signings!!

It REALLY IS becoming VERY frustrating, seeing other clubs making squad enhancing signings!!

OK so we don't know what is going on behind the scenes but we REALLY do need reassurances from the club , that positive recruitment is imminent.

C'mon Wolves, you know it makes sense!!!

I agree mate. I think it’s actually at the point now, with Chiq’s injury compounding matters, that the club should at least make a statement to reassure fans that we will be strengthening the squad before this window closes. No need to say who or how many, just make a commitment that obliges them to act positively.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Consider Traore slightly differently. Let’s assume Traore is worth 10-15m this summer (ie that a club like Leeds say would pay that), and also assume he won’t sign a contract extension. If so, keeping him is economically the same as paying a 10-15m loan fee for a single season, because we will forego that value now, and he will leave on a free next year. Would you pay 10-15m loan fee for one season from Traore? I wouldn’t. Now if there is no club interested in buying him this summer, then that’s all moot, and then yes we should use him.

By the way, the same logic applies to Bonatini and Cutrone. If either has a club out there willing to pay any fee to sign them, and we’re not willing to extend their contracts, then not selling them this summer, is like paying the equivalent money to loan them for a season.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree mate. I think it’s actually at the point now, with Chiq’s injury compounding matters, that the club should at least make a statement to reassure fans that we will be strengthening the squad before this window closes. No need to say who or how many, just make a commitment that obliges them to act positively.
Why should they?
Doesn't this speak to the mindset of some fans who believe the club owes them something?
We have a recruitment team who are always assessing ways to improve our squad. Time has proven that they will recruit when they see the right player and the right deal.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why should they?
Doesn't this speak to the mindset of some fans who believe the club owes them something?
We have a recruitment team who are always assessing ways to improve our squad. Time has proven that they will recruit when they see the right player and the right deal.

Because sentiment is a thing in business. How fans feel about the club is sentiment in the business of football. The club have an active social media group who will know very well that frustration is growing and the more it does, the harder it will be to quench even if we sign someone before the window closes. If we start the season with frustrated fans, then this risks affecting the players through the crowd and social media, and if that happens, then performances will be affected. The fans are an integral part of the success of a football club, as Fosun through Jeff, have acknowledged.

Your last comment reads almost word for word like a statement from the club…

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If people think Corbeanou and Campbell are likely to be serious answers to our problems we’re in big trouble. A guy who’s played about 17 games for MK Dons in league One and a lad from the under 23’s. This is the premier league FFS.

Neither are ready we simply have to bring new players in.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because sentiment is a thing in business. How fans feel about the club is sentiment in the business of football. The club have an active social media group who will know very well that frustration is growing and the more it does, the harder it will be to quench even if we sign someone before the window closes. If we start the season with frustrated fans, then this risks affecting the players through the crowd and social media, and if that happens, then performances will be affected. The fans are an integral part of the success of a football club, as Fosun through Jeff, have acknowledged.

No, it's a statement of someone who saw this club go through it's worst ebb. Someone who has seen our club almost become extinct.

That's why, with the benefit of that experience, I don't understand some of our supporters today. To me, it simply smacks of the baby throwing the toys out of the pram because they didn't get what they want.

Frankly, I'm grateful to Fosun. I'm grateful they invested in our club. I'm grateful we have achieved what we have over the last few years.

Do I get frustrated because I think we might have done more? Sure. We missed out on 6th place by one goal three seasons ago. We got to an FA Cup semi and we have become established in the Prem for now. Perhaps I have more trust in our ownership than others do?

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think you are right, but our owners are not alone in taking this approach to public relations. It might be refreshing to see a more proactive use of media and social media to put across the club's position. They probably take the view that they have already done more in this regard than most of their rivals by two years of end of year video engagements. Unfortunately the lesson they could have taken from this, is that there may well be little in positive gain and a lot of being held hostage, to both things they said and things they were assumed to have said, in those presentations.
There is room for an improved ongoing media strategy, but it would need a professional team, who the chairman and directors could trust and delegate content to, far more than is currently common in professional football. It might even be said that such a strategy is rare in many areas of business, where there is yet to be a proper adjustment to the change in the way the media operates and the potential immediacy of relationships with customers. A clear mission statement, that such a communications team could use as a framework to create content and respond to issues within, would be a start and might itself give some of the sense of direction that fans require.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, it's a statement of someone who saw this club go through it's worst ebb. Someone who has seen our club almost become extinct.

That's why, with the benefit of that experience, I don't understand some of our supporters today. To me, it simply smacks of the baby throwing the toys out of the pram because they didn't get what they want.

Frankly, I'm grateful to Fosun. I'm grateful they invested in our club. I'm grateful we have achieved what we have over the last few years.

Do I get frustrated because I think we might have done more? Sure. We missed out on 6th place by one goal three seasons ago. We got to an FA Cup semi and we have become established in the Prem for now. Perhaps I have more trust in our ownership than others do?

You’re not alone in remembering those days. I remember the “new stand” being built, I stood on the decrepit South Bank facing two empty stands, I remember the anger of losing to Aldershot, and the joy of joining tens of thousands of fellow Wolves fans as we beat Burnley at the old Wembley. Stadium MK for our big day out, check. On the pitch at Crewe, check.

I am grateful to Fosun as are most long lived Wolves fans. But that doesn’t mean we can’t be critical or think they’ve made mistakes. I’m not wishing they sell up, but I think they will when a decent offer comes in. In the meantime, I am happy if we remain stable in the PL, avoid a relegation scrap and have a shot at cups and Europe.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think you are right, but our owners are not alone in taking this approach to public relations. It might be refreshing to see a more proactive use of media and social media to put across the club's position. They probably take the view that they have already done more in this regard than most of their rivals by two years of end of year video engagements. Unfortunately the lesson they could have taken from this, is that there may well be little in positive gain and a lot of being held hostage, to both things they said and things they were assumed to have said, in those presentations.
There is room for an improved ongoing media strategy, but it would need a professional team, who the chairman and directors could trust and delegate content to, far more than is currently common in professional football. It might even be said that such a strategy is rare in many areas of business, where there is yet to be a proper adjustment to the change in the way the media operates and the potential immediacy of relationships with customers. A clear mission statement, that such a communications team could use as a framework to create content and respond to issues within, would be a start and might itself give some of the sense of direction that fans require.
And even if they did al that, there would still be a thirst for more. Media these days is 365 / 24.

As for mission statements... utter waste of time. Designed by so called "professionals" to make them feel good. So much time and money is wasted created these pathetic little specimens when real work could and should be done.

Here's my Mission Statement: To debunk the myth of Mission Statements as being useful to mankind.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You’re not alone in remembering those days. I remember the “new stand” being built, I stood on the decrepit South Bank facing two empty stands, I remember the anger of losing to Aldershot, and the joy of joining tens of thousands of fellow Wolves fans as we beat Burnley at the old Wembley. Stadium MK for our big day out, check. On the pitch at Crewe, check.

I am grateful to Fosun as are most long lived Wolves fans. But that doesn’t mean we can’t be critical or think they’ve made mistakes. I’m not wishing they sell up, but I think they will when a decent offer comes in. In the meantime, I am happy if we remain stable in the PL, avoid a relegation scrap and have a shot at cups and Europe.
Don't forget The Doog coming and standing on the South Bank with us on the opening day of the season. Soon went downhill after that.

Losing to Aldershot was a defining day in my life. Never again would I get so worked up by a game of football... apart from when we lost to Watford.

The way I see it is that we will sign a couple of players but now is a great opportunity for younger players to seize their moment.

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
Agree with Starsky. Genuinely thought this lad looked a REAL prospect who would have a 'break-through' season this year. Big, strong, quick, skilful, aggressive AND can cross the ball. Now looks like we should move heaven and earth to get Adama to give us another year then negotiate a cracking 'freebie' deal for himself having shown he is 'unplayable'. If he gets us 3-4 places up the table he will have repaid what we lose on transfer next summer....

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ve just lost a key player with potential for the season before it’s started, what do you expect?
It is massively disappointing to lose Chiquinho at this stage of the season but it does amaze me that fans think that he has the potential to have a big influence for the season when MGW is derided and described as championship standard only.
Bizarre.
Chiquinho has potential and I am gutted for him, but I doubt he was a starter, and he lacks masses of experience compared to MGW.
The recruitment team does need to step up now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom