Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Chinese Fans Keen to Reinforce Fosun Strategy

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had a very pleasant chat with a chinese fan who claimed to know and have met (strange words) Guo Guangchang. He was keen to emphasis Fosun are in it to win it and the biggest club is a goal. Very on message whichI am pretty keen to buy into considering where we were before they gcame in.

Must admit I quite admire the Chinese and businesses like Fosun. Also slightly scared of them ;)

D

Deleted member 4456

I had a very pleasant chat with a chinese fan who claimed to know and have met (strange words) Guo Guangchang. He was keen to emphasis Fosun are in it to win it and the biggest club is a goal. Very on message whichI am pretty keen to buy into considering where we were before they gcame in.

Must admit I quite admire the Chinese and businesses like Fosun. Also slightly scared of them ;)
Which of you bought the drinks?

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Chinese biz does not operate on a level playing field to capitalist economies. State owned banks lend state money at off mkt rates to a few select investment companies with a mandate to go acquire foreign assets. The debt levels are crazy high but interest rates Non existent and debt never matures or needs to be repaid as it’s always just rolled over. I am not sure it’s something to admire....it’s just a way for the Chinese state to load up on foreign assets via the back door.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chinese biz does not operate on a level playing field to capitalist economies. State owned banks lend state money at off mkt rates to a few select investment companies with a mandate to go acquire foreign assets. The debt levels are crazy high but interest rates Non existent and debt never matures or needs to be repaid as it’s always just rolled over. I am not sure it’s something to admire....it’s just a way for the Chinese state to load up on foreign assets via the back door.
Good post, but if the West lets them do it...

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Seems like the Chinese banks do a better job than our robbers.

Perhaps we should nationalise ours?

paulhick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where did you meet said Chinese stranger? And how does he actually have connections with fosun?
Sorry for being sceptical but I used to (like a majority of you probably did too) use every line in the book when I was a lad out on the town trying to impress the ladies and this does sound very similar.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems like the Chinese banks do a better job than our robbers.

Perhaps we should nationalise ours?

I don’t buy into communism and state control of everything as being “better”. And most probably, outside of the selected few ( Guo Guangchang, Wang Jaianlin, the Russian oligarchs etc) neither do the hundreds of millions of people who see corrupt states (China, Russia, venezuela, North Korea etc ) control most aspects of their lives with no democracy or ability to change things.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's hope they buy lots of these.
Wolves on Twitter
EFlW38lXoAAo8zc

RobB

Reaction score
I don’t buy into communism and state control of everything as being “better”. And most probably, outside of the selected few ( Guo Guangchang, Wang Jaianlin, the Russian oligarchs etc) neither do the hundreds of millions of people who see corrupt states (China, Russia, venezuela, North Korea etc ) control most aspects of their lives with no democracy or ability to change things.

Russia isn't communist, nor is the economic system in China. Anyway who do you think created the oligarchs in Russia? Russians are a lot better off since they were cracked down on, despite the kvetching of some in the West. Bill Browder, the Reuben brothers, the late Boris Berezovsky all reside(d) in London, despite their, err, activities in nineties Russia (or should that be because of).

Last edited:

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where did you meet said Chinese stranger? And how does he actually have connections with fosun?
Sorry for being sceptical but I used to (like a majority of you probably did too) use every line in the book when I was a lad out on the town trying to impress the ladies and this does sound very similar.

You used to use Fosun/ football chat to impress ladies? :D

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe thought you might buy him a pint of Shippo's. ;)
Sceptism is good, I am! Met in a Thai around 13:30. I have no idea if he has connections with Fosun but he was on message. It was strange but pleasant conversation and if as most likely he is a fan we are making inrodes in China. Got to be good.

D

Deleted member 8123

Fosun didn't seem very astute when it came to Thomas Cook.

OldBrightonWolf

Reaction score

Too true.. tomorrow my thoughts will be with the brave souls on the streets of Hong Kong

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a strong connection to Fosun since my wife is Chinese and my step-grandson's family name is Guo. As for their banking system, at least you get decent interest rates not like the 0.25% or thereabouts from the likes of LLoyds/Halifax etc. Robbers.

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Was my 1st away game, same day as Hillsborough disaster. If memory is correct Tony Lange was signed from them.
your correct. was probably the high lite of his career. shortly after he hit the low lite just down the road.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had a look on the Wolves Weibo site to see what they are up to and saw we're doing our bit to celebrate 70 years of communist rule. Santo's looking a bit pale. I think the other two are Jota and Doherty, or maybe Cutrone
006y8K1Oly1g7juvnbi01j31hc0u0ayt.jpg

Back
Top Bottom