Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Chelsea

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He be lucky to get 2bn current situation

I should imagine the one thing which Chelsea has over other big 6 clubs is the value of the ground, I don't know the situation with the ground ownership but if it is owned by the club it would add a significant amount to the value.

However he is desperate to sell and everyone knows that so he won't get anywhere near what is been requested.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s as likely to get 4 billion as Putin is of winning the Nobel Peace Prize. If he wants out he needs to cut his losses (he won’t get what he’s put in via personal loans either). This is Chelsea we’re talking about, not even the actual traditional big clubs like United, Madrid or Barcelona are worth 4 billion. In fact they probably aren’t worth anything near that collectively.
He'll be lucky to get a quarter of that....

One presumes he understands that he must either sell now or see elements confiscated as 'ill-gotten gains' (allegedly of course)

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For what its worth, out of all the rich Russians, Abramovich appears to be the only one to be putting work into broker some peace, and hes doing it after Ukraine reached out to him.

Bad guy yeah, but seems like at least he the only one close to Putin actually doing something.

I may be wrong, but I still haven't heard him condemn Putin.

D

Deleted member (smith)

And we may well find ourselves in exactly the same predicament should China ever invade Taiwan.

it seems whataboutism is prevalent for those who defend wrongdoing….eg invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq but who knows the reaction to this invasion may be a warning to China that the cost will exceed any benefits.
I may be wrong, but I still haven't heard him condemn Putin.t

two oligarchs …Deripaska and Fridman have condemned the war but that is self preservation….condemning Putin may be suicide?

Last edited by a moderator:

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Telegraph article says he also selling his U.K. property in parallel.
I can't see how he's going to get any of his money tbh. Sales will take months and he'll be well sanctioned by then. The quicker him all his family and all the other Russian crooks **** off back to Russia the better.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he'll still manage things behind the scenes. I assume all the economic sanctions coming in will stop him being able to put money in or take money out of the club as I assume all his accounts are frozen? Having said that he would have been aware of this invasion some time back which would have given him time, with all the other oligarchs, to get their monies switched to new hidden accounts, different names, different companies. He'll be fine.
'Moneyland' by Oliver Bullough gives a good insight into off-shore accounts, money-laundering etc. He suggests that many of the Russian oligarchs 'buried' their assets even deeper than usual after Russia annexed the Crimea, anticipating that there would be a backlash from the West. He also spoke to a USA expert investigator who indicates that it can take years to track down assets through the several layers of shell companies that are wapped around them. Often, by the time you've found out which company was holding the asset its already been moved elsewhere...
As you say, 'he'll be fine'.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't see how he's going to get any of his money tbh. Sales will take months and he'll be well sanctioned by then. The quicker him all his family and all the other Russian crooks **** off back to Russia the better.

The kind of people he will likely be selling his larger assets to probably have access to sufficient funds offshore. The Swiss billionaire for instance.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is my memory faulty but wasn’t Roman trying to sell Chelsea some years ago ?

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, but he does want 4bn for the club. We'll over it's value. His generous gift of 1.5bn is but into the sale price.
I don't see why he hasn't been out on the sanction list already. He must be paying someone to buy him time to sell his assets.
This will swing off topic but as confirmed by Ukrainian government id imagine he has been kept safe because he has acted as a peacemaker on behalf of them, now whether this was through self preservation or not, he did it and none of them did, so I guess that is a vast reason why sanctions have not come down on him.

Id imagine some of it is getting out of dodge, his daughter slandering Putin over social media and him labelling this as a war and essentially making it so proceeds of a sale go to Ukraine. Means hes going to have lay low for a while on all fronts.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Oh god, this is a confusing world...

Is Roman Abramovich... a good guy?
He's been living as a billionaire from money stolen from the Russian people while maintaining a close personal and financial realtionship with Putin, as he regularly murdered thousands of people both in Russia and abroad. Taking that into account, on balance, I'd say he's not a good guy. Like the people who are sorry because they got caught, rather than genuinely remorseful. Their comfortable little corrupt world has been shook up, let's not get the hankies out.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's been living as a billionaire from money stolen from the Russian people while maintaining a close friendship with Putin, as he regularly murdered thousands of people both in Russia and abroad. Taking that into account, on balance, I'd say he's not a good guy. Like the people who are sorry when they are caught, rather than genuinely remorseful. Their comfortable little corrupt world has been shook up, let's not get the hankies out.
Yeah, I guess its not very much known but he did a quite a few things in and around London during covid so my opinion of him has softened, and I know a few who worked through the various charities he was part off and said the same, gave out enough.

Almost like someone trying to redeem themselves it seems.

For what its worth, close friendship is not what people have with Putin, the world the oligarchs is more that you dance around the czar or end up in a coffin with nothing to your name.

Anyways, back to football, be interesting to see this new found morality works out for football, starting with Saudi and Chinese owners.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I believe Chelsea have won every trophy with him as owner. He could bow out with Chelsea as World Champions. That's pretty good going.

And here I am dreaming of just one cup. Ideally the FA Cup, but just a Carabao Cup will suffice. Just one, and some point before I go senile or die, and I'm 37.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our possible future when things escalate with China in the future
It will matter very little by then because we will be well on the way to the end of humanity. Fibonacci sequence suggests we are well on the way back to 'nothing'

WolvTown

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm torn... We stopped debtors prisons centuries ago. Where families were in prison with a father or mother who were in debt.
Sanctioning someone we must have absolutely clear evidence that the person has carried out a crime, not just because he's friends with someone committing a crime imo.
e.g BT. British Telecom, was a state owned 1980, if Mrs Thatcher was still around causing mayhem, should the C.E.O of a now privatised British Telecom be sanctioned for being the C.E.O of BT and doing a deal with Thatcher's government to purchase BT?
If I was a billionaire Russian, I'm not going to go up against putin, e.g speak out against him. it's suicide, look how many billionaires he's taken out who have spoken out against him.

Back
Top Bottom