Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Chelsea

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe Fosun have a friend they want to send some players to grasshoppers lol

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only country that can stop the war is China. We’re living in a historic period, and the decisions made in the next year or so will shape the rest of our lives… and in the short-medium term Wolves’ ownership.
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned about what happens with Wolves and Fosun in the event of a Chinese invasion of Taiwan. The threat of British government sanctions against Russian businesses for the actions of the Russian government is what has ultimately led Abramovich to put Chelsea up for sale, and he's owned that club for nearly 20 years. Would Fosun be forced to put us up for sale in similar circumstances?

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes they probably would and so they should be in that situation.

In Roman's case tho he's in this up to his neck.

molineux man

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No PL games will be shown in China this weekend due to the support for Ukraine.

Think the end of Fosun’s involvement with Wolves will come sooner than many expect.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Think the end of Fosun’s involvement with Wolves will come sooner than many expect.
If so, it was nice while it lasted. The writing seems to have been on the wall for a bit. If they do pull out, let's hope they sell to a responsible buyer.

Reaction score
As China are potentially blacking out coverage of the Premier League this weekend in protest against support for Ukraine, does that have long term implications for the relationship between Foson and the club?

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm going to try to measured here...

Chelsea have never been the biggest club in London, and Arsenal and Spurs were traditionally bigger judged on any metric. That said, it just isn't true that they were some crappy club: they were already on the up before Abramovich rocked up with his dodgy billions.

Before he arrived they had finished in the top 6 for 6 consecutive seasons and were pushing 40k attendances. Their away attendances were always very good from what I remember. Their nadir in the 80s saw some **** crowds but they did suffer relegations and had one of the worst hooligan problems in Europe, plus everyone was getting crap crowds. History-wise they were never massive but they were consistently in the top division, spending only four seasons outside of it since 1931.

I don't like them, their fans were ****ers back in the day and they're ****ers for different reasons now but they were never some tin pot club. It'll be interesting to see what happens to them now... has Mike Ashley got the cash? Personally I hope they sink but you know they won't, they're too established now and with the debt written off they'll be okay.

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm going to try to measured here...

Chelsea have never been the biggest club in London, and Arsenal and Spurs were traditionally bigger judged on any metric. That said, it just isn't true that they were some crappy club: they were already on the up before Abramovich rocked up with his dodgy billions.

Before he arrived they had finished in the top 6 for 6 consecutive seasons and were pushing 40k attendances. Their away attendances were always very good from what I remember. Their nadir in the 80s saw some **** crowds but they did suffer relegations and had one of the worst hooligan problems in Europe, plus everyone was getting crap crowds. History-wise they were never massive but they were consistently in the top division, spending only four seasons outside of it since 1931.

I don't like them, their fans were ****ers back in the day and they're ****ers for different reasons now but they were never some tin pot club. It'll be interesting to see what happens to them now... has Mike Ashley got the cash? Personally I hope they sink but you know they won't, they're too established now and with the debt written off they'll be okay.
Yes they had being doing well before Abramovich arrived but they were minutes from administration before he bought them.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

However....
If you are in China and used to watching the premier league and it is not shown this weekend....wouldn't you be wondering why!
Would you believe the 'spin' put on it by the administration?

WolvTown

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I intentionally looked at the area where the owners would normally sit, even though I can't see well enough to make out their faces, I could see that everyone was standing and clapping.
Obviously they were never going to sit on there hands and do nothing, but I'm really hoping non of the camera's scanned across that area.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's going to be a strange situation, surely they can't sell or buy players for the foreseeable future?

Reaction score
Implications if this drags on could be problematic for the club, imagine not being able to sell season tickets so an empty ground, players leaving on frees because you can't renew contracts, inability to borrow to pay wages and no income.

Would the gov'nt have to seize the club as an asset and sell it on themselves to keep them playing?

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonder if that will include away fans
Of course it does, Chelsea aren't allowed to sell tickets to ANYONE.

Was just listening to some stuff about this and it seems the government is allowing them to operate under a special license and their STHs are allowed to go to games because they've already bought their tickets, but (among other things) Chelsea now can't sell any tickets or merchandise

They're really in limbo, nobody can buy the club and they can't operate in anything like a normal manner until someone does. It'll be interesting to see whether this hard line is maintained or whether the government bend the rules

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course it does, Chelsea aren't allowed to sell tickets to ANYONE.

Was just listening to some stuff about this and it seems the government is allowing them to operate under a special license and their STHs are allowed to go to games because they've already bought their tickets, but (among other things) Chelsea now can't sell any tickets or merchandise

They're really in limbo, nobody can buy the club and they can't operate in anything like a normal manner until someone does. It'll be interesting to see whether this hard line is maintained or whether the government bend the rules
Let us in for free?

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

Let us in for free?
I think they may have to. Under premier league rules they have to allow a certain number of away fans in. Having no away fans will break the rules and calls i to question the sporting integrity of the games.

SeaWolf

Reaction score
Presumably, if they were to go under, most Chelsea fans will transfer their alliegance to Fulham as their local club?

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let us in for free?
Imagine if they did? You'd get a load of away fans saying how good it was to let them in for free but disgusted that they couldn't buy a beer or food in the stadium!

Back
Top Bottom