Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Chelsea v Wolves comms thread.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bull…we had many good chances and both Chelsea’s goals were mistakes …could easily have won …good performance sorry you can’t praise your team when they deserve it

We were outplayed for about 75 mins quite easily. It was a good comeback, but you must be blind if you think on the balance of things we deserved a point.

We missed one sitter and only forced the keeper into 1 save. Hardly many good chances.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We signed Chiquinho permanently didn’t we?

Great end to the game by the sound of it and the shot of confidence that we badly needed.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
great comeback great result to get a point away to Chelsea,
but makes me even madder about last weeks performance

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Bruno doesnt start using Chiquinho properly soon then he has lost the plot. Please bloody attack Man City on Wednesday. Fantastic performance by Chiquinho when he came on and Trincao looked a different player.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A thoroughly enjoyable match I thought. Had plenty of opportunities earlier as Chelsea looked vulnerable on the break, but we lacked quality. Poor defending left us a little unreservedly 2 down. Nice finish from Trincao, and I want to see more of Chiquinho, the man looks like a player to me. I am a little worried re Neto...I know it's early days, but his pace isn't there, and still concerns over Raul.

That aside agreat battling performance in the end and a far better watch than most of the season.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After the fight back, that comment is rather pathetic.

Ha ha. Don't make me laugh. We were pants for the majority of the game. 15 mins of desperate attacking and people really are fooled into thinking we played well.

It was a fine effort to make it back from 2 down away, but you are kidding yourself if you think we played well. Doing well to get something out of a game like that and us performing well are two different things that people shouldn't get mixed up. If we lost that game we could have had no complaints whatsoever.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought we were decent for most of the game tbh
Stupid 15 minutes after HT
Sa kept us in it but we had the better chances to win it even
Dont mind losing the rest if the attitude of this game is continued
Agreed
Not bothered about losing to Liverpool and man city. They're world class teams and will 9/10 beat us.

But I loved seeing that bottle and determination.

All of the subs made an impact. Coady made a mistake for the goal but he's got some balls. I still rate him very highly.

As for Romain.....sheesh

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We were outplayed for about 75 mins quite easily. It was a good comeback, but you must be blind if you think on the balance of things we deserved a point.

We missed one sitter and only forced the keeper into 1 save. Hardly many good chances.
Chelsea had the better of the overall play but we had several glorious chances, the better chances overall and great fight and spirit to comeback.

If you think we don't deserve a point from that you're off your nut.

See if you can find a single match report that says it was undeserved

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think we deserved it in all honesty. We were awful for 20 minutes but otherwise good.

Chiqiunho our motm

I'm wondering quite what some fans expect? We had chances in the first half. A bad 20 mins when they got their goals, as you say, but other than that, always in it. Created chances - which has been something we've struggeld at for years. So far from the "worst performance eva" all the way through.

COuld just be the end of the season, but it does look like the younger players are the hope. Fair few of the old school were far too negative, it's like it's in their DNA. And when they weren't, they were making mistakes. Been saying it for a while, a central core needs to always slow the game down else they get beaten for pace and misplaced passes.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But Wolves thoroughly deserve their point.

Sky, unbiased and not emotional. For those saying we didn’t deserve it

I think over the course of the game it's hard to argue we deserved a point, but the effort it took to get back into it I can accept. We didn't give up which is great to see. Once we smelled blood in the water I think Chelsea didn't know how to handle us.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mid game and 2-0 down, I put a fiver on Wolves at 75/1 to get the draw. The price dropped to 7/1 before Trincao scored so I cashed out with a small profit.
D’oh!!!!
Never lose faith boys, never lose faith.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The fans who were there deserved that. Absolutely immense today and deserved more than they got for much of the second half.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Have to try a four in the Norwich game with an extra attacking player on the pitch.

Sa
Jonny, Coady/Mosquera, Boly, RAN
Neves, Moutinho
Chiquinho, Trincao, Neto
Raul/Fabio

Sedgers

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
At the end of the day we watch football to be entertained. For too long we've been dull as hell to watch. We had chances before Chelsea scored but it wasn't entertaining. The last 20 is what we all crave. Bruno needs to take the shackles off now as we have nothing to lose

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm wondering quite what some fans expect? We had chances in the first half. A bad 20 mins when they got their goals, as you say, but other than that, always in it. Created chances - which has been something we've struggeld at for years. So far from the "worst performance eva" all the way through.

COuld just be the end of the season, but it does look like the younger players are the hope. Fair few of the old school were far too negative, it's like it's in their DNA. And when they weren't, they were making mistakes. Been saying it for a while, a central core needs to always slow the game down else they get beaten for pace and misplaced passes.
absolutely. It was the manner of the goals that really deflated me. But Chelsea are a better team than us and you'd always expect them to score.

It was just the manner in which they did get the goals that was a real **** kick

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
WOW REALLY didn't see that equaliser coming.
Was resigned to another defeat.
How wrong I was. Thank goodness!!
Chiquinho was the game changer and.MUST start v Citeah.
2-0 down 2-2.FT

SUFLIPPINGPERB.
Wolves ONLY Wolves.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chelsea had the better of the overall play but we had several glorious chances, the better chances overall and great fight and spirit to comeback.

If you think we don't deserve a point from that you're off your nut.

See if you can find a single match report that says it was undeserved

Match reports aren't always correct. They outplayed us for three quarters of the game and we forced their keeper into one save.

If you are fine with that good for you. I'm happy we got a point, but I'm not happy it took desperation football and being 2-0 down before we really gave it to them. Despite me being over the moon and probably waking up my neighbours, I'm not going to dress it up as a good performance overall because it wasn't. It was a good 15 mins.

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At the end of the day we watch football to be entertained. For too long we've been dull as hell to watch. We had chances before Chelsea scored but it wasn't entertaining. The last 20 is what we all crave. Bruno needs to take the shackles off now as we have nothing to lose
I agree, but then again if we do that from the start against Citeh we`ll be tonked!

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still hate var
Have to try a four in the Norwich game with an extra attacking player on the pitch.

Sa
Jonny, Coady/Mosquera, Boly, RAN
Neves, Moutinho
Chiquinho, Trincao, Neto
Raul/Fabio
Dendocker was very as cdm allows other players forward. He us much mire effective there in tandem with one of Neves/ Mouts

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its nice not to feel depressed after a result. All credit to Chiquinho and Trincao today, fantastic impact

Back
Top Bottom