Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Castore

Tonesterwolf

Reaction score
As much as I like Rangers kits this year there have been horror stories regarding quality apparently. If this can be sorted it could be a great move with real bespoke kits again, although I always yearn for an umbro return.

GY Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good news to ditch adidas at least

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Many Rangers fans livid with Castore.

Hundreds & hundreds of complaints and very annoyed at customer service and claim they’ve been lied to when asked about stuff.

Can search them on Twitter to see.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adidas a bigger name but the uproar about how terrible our home shirts have been for the past two seasons won't have gone unnoticed. I actually like this season's home shirt the more I see it, and our third kit is sensational, but collectively it could have been so much better.

BigSteve

Reaction score
Don't know anything about them or if their stuff is any good.

But I like the idea of being able to have a more 'bespoke' arrangement with a supplier, and Adidas has been a disappointment overall.

Tonesterwolf

Reaction score
Never heard of them!
Off the top of my head, ran by 2 brothers I think who used to play footy professionally. Have kitted out Andy Murray for a number of years and hes now a shareholder. First contract in football with Rangers this season. That's just what I remember from reading an article a while back so might not be 100% correct!

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Off the top of my head, ran by 2 brothers I think who used to play footy professionally. Have kitted out Andy Murray for a number of years and hes now a shareholder. First contract in football with Rangers this season. That's just what I remember from reading an article a while back so might not be 100% correct!
Thanks for this.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From what I've briefly read it sounds like Castore has boasted about how quickly they can develop products and respond due to its different supply chain compared with the bigger manufacturers, but the problems Rangers fans have had with the product quality is down to the supply chain. Maybe Castore will have learned from it's experience with Rangers and be better placed for delivering for Wolves.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Castore's Rangers kit launch was an absolute horror show this season and made the club a laughing stock for a while. They didn't meet demand and the quality of the early replica kits was shocking.

The kits themselves look decent, and Wolves would get a high degree of control over the design.

So I don't know whether to see this as good news or bad, to be honest. If Castore have learned their lessons, fine, and we'll likely get a good looking retro-ish kit out of it. If they haven't, prepare for an epic fan meltdown in the summer.

R

reanswolf

I must admit, after the first season wonder, they have been woeful in my honest opinion.
Lets see what these can produce.

Reactions: Ian

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I opened this expecting to see us linked to some Italian playmaker.

I don’t care about bespoke kits. Everyone fawns over the shirts of the 70s and early 80s and they were the same template as 90% of the rest of the league.

I’m sure all elite clubs where Castore kits. May as well being back Burrda and be done.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Adidas a bigger name but the uproar about how terrible our home shirts have been for the past two seasons won't have gone unnoticed. I actually like this season's home shirt the more I see it, and our third kit is sensational, but collectively it could have been so much better.

Agreed, this season's kit has grown on me massively. Though I can't help but think if they'd just given us a version of out third kit in Wolves colours it would have been perfect.

The thing for me when it comes to kits, is what is it for? If it's for looking decent on the pitch with the team, playing under lights and in big games....I think all three Adidas kits have done that, and last season's looked fine on the pitch. If it's for a kit that makes for attractive leisurewear and will be bought by neutrals as a 'cool' kit, only the first Adidas kit achieved that. I saw so many neutrals, young kids who like cool tops, wearing that first kit, and I've seen none wearing last seasons or this seasons.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everyone of our kits from Adidas has been a template of another teams.

We're going to be so cool in our Castore.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Looks good, but £60 :oops:

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Looks good, but £60 :oops:
Yet Adidas were a rip off.

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed, this season's kit has grown on me massively. Though I can't help but think if they'd just given us a version of out third kit in Wolves colours it would have been perfect.

The thing for me when it comes to kits, is what is it for? If it's for looking decent on the pitch with the team, playing under lights and in big games....I think all three Adidas kits have done that, and last season's looked fine on the pitch. If it's for a kit that makes for attractive leisurewear and will be bought by neutrals as a 'cool' kit, only the first Adidas kit achieved that. I saw so many neutrals, young kids who like cool tops, wearing that first kit, and I've seen none wearing last seasons or this seasons.

To be fair, this season's has been in circulation during lockdown, no fans in grounds and closed pubs so less opportunity to see people wearing it!

This season's has grown on me - I hated it when the first pictures were leaked but I love it now.

Be interesting to see what Castore come up with. Could be interesting if we get something classic and bespoke but then they could turn out to be another Burrda

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Completely, £55 this year was bad enough, seeing it go into the 60’s is crazy. £68 for the long sleeve version.
My point was people were using the cost of their stuff as a brickbat. These johnnies charge more.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair, this season's has been in circulation during lockdown, no fans in grounds and closed pubs so less opportunity to see people wearing it!

This season's has grown on me - I hated it when the first pictures were leaked but I love it now.

Be interesting to see what Castore come up with. Could be interesting if we get something classic and bespoke but then they could turn out to be another Burrda

Why would it be bespoke? Unless I’m mistaken they currently only make kits for one club. We could end up with a gold/black version of whatever Rangers are wearing next season?

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would it be bespoke? Unless I’m mistaken they currently only make kits for one club. We could end up with a gold/black version of whatever Rangers are wearing next season?

'IF'...

No idea, just surmising, who knows?

I think there would be more chance of a company like Castore being bespoke though as their football portfolio is tiny and they are trying to make their mark in the game where as Adidas have a huge portfolio and tend to give teams like us something more generic

MrwulfAndrew

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love Adidas but they have been disapointing for us. The first kits they did were great along with last seasons away kit. However the kit maker is really just polishing a turd when they have to put that manbet rubbish all over the front.

Please just anyone but Manbet in future, even Durex will do.

Tonesterwolf

Reaction score
Everyone of our kits from Adidas has been a template of another teams.

We're going to be so cool in our Castore.
Pretty sure I didn't see another team in the same template as the black or green shirts last year. Yes they had the standard round neck but the patterns seemed to be unique to us? I get what you mean though.

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I've never got the issue with templates being a problem seeing as our colours are unique. I've always wanted Adidas making our kits so i'm a little disappointed by this. Feels like we're getting a small player in the shirts world for the sake of an individual shirt but others want it so fair enough. Youy'd hope we'd be getting more money so i'd assume its all good.

NavyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope they sort out the issues that have dogged Rangers since they became kit manufacturers for them. Issues with replica kit stocks and quality issues.
If they've sorted their **** out then great, as make some nice looking gear!

Fingers crossed.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last years home shirt was vile and this seasons away is ridiculously bad but the rest have been good.

The thing you get with Adidas that you wont get with Castore is the distribution deal. The current shirt is back in the big chains like JD etc that they werent for years and last year when in Vegas, I went to an adidas outlet and they had wolves shirts on sale. As fosun see us as a global brand, we should really be alligned to a global brand shirt supplier.

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It’ll be interesting if there’s (yet another) colour change. Is the new brand’s shade of old gold the same as Adidas collegiate gold?

Reactions: Ian
Back
Top Bottom