Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Castore

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
View attachment 23508

Got them as kits from National Trust to save the hassle of cutting the wood. We got them as a fun project we could do together.

Assembled them and then painted them using non toxic acrylic paints. I had an old Wolves key ring so glued that on to finish. My wife liked the idea so got a cheap Boro keyring from eBay to do the same.
Would probably take some extra time to achieve it, but if you could create three smaller similar (but scaled down sizewise) boxes, and three scaled up boxes, then you would have create your own Molineux Street Birdstand! :)
And just add a Clock to the middle one for authenticity!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would probably take some extra time to achieve it, but if you could create three smaller similar (but scaled down sizewise) boxes, and three scaled up boxes, then you would have create your own Molineux Street Birdstand! :)
And just add a Clock to the middle one for authenticity!
You have to be of a certain vintage...

portugamerifinn

Groupie
Reaction score
Eh? It's all the same colour.

It doesn't look particularly close to me, especially in most of the player photoshoot shots posted to social media, etc.

I'm sure it's technically the same color, but the shirt material makes the triangle looks shiny, reflective and mismatched, which is a great reason to not have that yellow triangle in the first place since the light will make it appear to not match pretty much always.

SilsoeWolf

Reaction score
Oh Wolves you are taking so much of my money - 3 lovely kits this year!

Full home kits for the 3 kids, replica home top for me and away pro top for me (because the replica home kit material felt a bit meh - worse than the Adidas ones imho). I thought I was done.

But now the white kit is the best of the lot and I can't not get it now. My away top hasn't arrived in the post yet, so I'm going to compare its quality to the home replica one I have before deciding whether it is worth getting another pro one.

I think of it as a way of contributing to the club now I can't get to the games any more now I'm an ex-pat.

SilsoeWolf

Reaction score
Shame they don’t offer an option to buy it without the sponsorship logo. They would sell twice as many and I doubt ManBetX get much benefit from fans wearing it with the sponsor
Absolutely - my main gripe with the kits are the ugly sponsors. The Bitci sponsor is a little worse imho: it is the first thing non-Wolves fans here where I live in Singapore point out for its obvious and I'm sure intentional similarity to a different word - I guess it's working to get it noticed.

The kids shirts look perfect with the Silverbug logo - if only we had that on the adult kits.

Tonesterwolf

Reaction score
Absolutely - my main gripe with the kits are the ugly sponsors. The Bitci sponsor is a little worse imho: it is the first thing non-Wolves fans here where I live in Singapore point out for its obvious and I'm sure intentional similarity to a different word - I guess it's working to get it noticed.

The kids shirts look perfect with the Silverbug logo - if only we had that on the adult kits.
Sponsor less shirts to buy are creeping into the market. Pretty sure West Ham and Celtic offer replicas without their respective sponsors this year. Would definitely buy one if they were available without the ManbetX, after all my first Wolves kits - umbro pinstripe home and away didn't have Tatung on them.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sponsor less shirts to buy are creeping into the market. Pretty sure West Ham and Celtic offer replicas without their respective sponsors this year. Would definitely buy one if they were available without the ManbetX, after all my first Wolves kits - umbro pinstripe home and away didn't have Tatung on them.

tell vinny i would buy all the kits, without delay for me and the kids, if he offered them without the sponsor

Will Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score

What would be the best forum for passing this on to the club?
Would be a win-win - more shirt sales for Wolves, happy fans, sponsors don’t lose out as the players will still be displaying the logos.

Wandsworth Wolf

Reaction score
What would be the best forum for passing this on to the club?
Would be a win-win - more shirt sales for Wolves, happy fans, sponsors don’t lose out as the players will still be displaying the logos.
I must admit, it’s the thing that’s preventing me from buying a shirt.
It’s a personal choice, but I just can’t wear a shirt that advertises a betting company. I didn’t buy a SportingBet or W88 (although I missed out on a cracking shirt) and I won’t with ManBetX. Like I say, it’s a personal choice.
I would jump at the chance to buy a shirt without the sponsor’s branding

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
New training/travel gear looks lovely.

However, I’m sure there will be plenty like myself not wanting to give the club a penny more of our hard earned cash after this summers debacle.

A relatively minor and inconsequential protest on my part but feels good to stick 2 fingers up to the board.

Hope plenty more follow suit!

Tonesterwolf

Reaction score
Quite interesting that. I personally wouldn't buy a fake but there are plenty who would rather save £40. He makes the point on a few occasions that the fake has an embroidered Castore logo where as the official replica doesn't which surprised me to be honest on my son's replica away shirt. I was never a big fan of Adidas but a woven logo does look a lot better and less like a market knock off which is ironic in this case.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just watching a Mexican sports channel as you do, switched on to see Adama alighting the Spanish team bus, I'm not sure what garment it was in that split second but it had a castore logo.

Thought it odd is all, maybe the Adidas travel gear doesn't fit his arms.

Last edited:

Ogerp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just watching a Mexican sports channel as you do, switched on.to see Adams alighting the Spanish team bus, I'm not sure what garment it was in that split second but it had a castore logo.

Thought it odd is all, maybe the Adidas travel gear doesn't fit his arms.

Why was Tony Adams on the Spanish team bus? :)

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
JD Sports in Newcastle in photo below. Bit of a shock. Never seen that before. They have more stock than the Wolves megastore! Ironically, been waiting 10 days for the Wolves online store to process my order when I could have walked into Newcastle and purchased what I want in there. There's also a Castore shop in Newcastle (not the same as the official Newcastle United shop) which I'm going to check out tomorrow.

20210908_191811.jpg

Edit. All that Wolves gear nestled between Man United, Barcelona and Juventus. We'm a massive club.

Last edited:

lone_wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Has anyone tried ordering any of our stuff from JD/ Castore directly? Has the delivery been quicker than the club shop of late? I’ve ordered from JD before who were generally quick but never from castore.

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
11th September, 4th game of the season yet we still haven't got the full kit for the first team sorted out.
Sports Direct plain Black socks for Sa, White for everyone else.
Never known anything like this before, so strange

Tonesterwolf

Reaction score
11th September, 4th game of the season yet we still haven't got the full kit for the first team sorted out.
Sports Direct plain Black socks for Sa, White for everyone else.
Never known anything like this before, so strange
This sock situation is weird I agree. Sa wore the same black socks in the Man Utd game too ( with the pink kit). Looking at footage of Rangers and Newcastle this season they seem to be wearing the proper socks so not sure why we haven't been on occasions.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On a positive note, I bumped in to a fella earlier who was wearing one of Castore's £165 waterproof hoodies and asked him about it...

He said it's brilliant and has bought loads of castore stuff that he runs in. Says it's so much better than any of the Nike/Adidas stuff he'd bought previously.

Tonesterwolf

Reaction score
If you're genuinely troubled by socks you maybe want to have a word with yourself
Don't think anyones overly troubled but if you look at the evidence it does seem pretty "Sunday League". First game of the new season - wrong colour generic black socks at Leicester, first outing of the white kit yesterday - right colour but still generic socks, last 2 games for Sa - great new keeper kits but black generic socks. For a premier League team who've just signed a new multi million pound kit deal this can't be acceptable surely?

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't think anyones overly troubled but if you look at the evidence it does seem pretty "Sunday League". First game of the new season - wrong colour generic black socks at Leicester, first outing of the white kit yesterday - right colour but still generic socks, last 2 games for Sa - great new keeper kits but black generic socks. For a premier League team who've just signed a new multi million pound kit deal this can't be acceptable surely?
Mate there’s loads of stuff going on at the moment which is not ‘acceptable’ but lots of reasons why post covid.... apparently supply chains still held up backlog from the ship that got stuck in the Suez Canal (yes - seriously). So while I agree on pointing it out and it’s not great I’d stop adding it to the list of complaints some fans keep looking for

We won and appear to have a decent manager. I honestly thought post Nuno everything might go tits up so frankly right now they could wear pink Lacey socks for all I care

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh my days.

On a train in London. The geezer opposite me has on a Celtic shirt and Dipper shorts... FFS....

I hope that we never attract that level of plastic...

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Castore have just signed a contract to supply the England Cricket kits from next year onwards.

They’re not ****ing about!

Back
Top Bottom