Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Castore

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Other than the shoulder detailing, it's almost identical to our white Manders shirt, which was an exceptional specimen.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks very fantastic, but I’ve got the Manders one so it feels like a bit of a waste of money getting a copy.

At least it’s made the decision to get the away one easier. Or maybe a goalkeeper now they’re doing short sleeves?

UEAwolf

Reaction score
I've got the pro home shirt but I also tried on the replica to compare the 2. The quality of the material is so much better. Is it an extra £45 better? Probably not, but it's really nice

Same here - but the away one. Went to the club shop fully intent on buying the cheaper version, but the difference in quality (and fit) is noticeable. Whilst it's hard to justify spending £100 on a football shirt, it's equally hard justifying spending £55 on what by comparison looks and feels like a knock off from the far east.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's a lovely, lovely shirt.

(Shame about the sponsor - do we even need to say that anymore?)

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ordered it, first top I’ve ordered in 5 years

portugamerifinn

Groupie
Reaction score
I'm a bit shocked so many are able to ignore the dreadful, unnecessary yellow shoulder bit that doesn't match the rest of the yellow/old gold on the shirt at all. That just about ruins it for me. It's tough to pull off yellow on white to begin with, hence all the black around the other yellow touches.

That keeper shirt is great, though.

Reactions: Ian

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nice shirt, but I'm not a fan of white, so won't be buying.

Same, tempted by the goalie shirt though as it’s short sleeved and I have an obsession with the colour blue :smile:

Wolf girl Amy

Reaction score
I really like the castore range a lot more than the Adidas. They have actually taken some consideration in the design rather than a standard Adidas shirt with the wolf badge. Found the fittings to be accurate as well.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And molineux mix approves of the yellow trim.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The shoulder 'flash' is a different colour to the 'gold' on the neck?

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It was yellow on the leaked concept kit. Some people won't be able to adjust to the fact that is changed in the final design and will keep spouting the same stuff.
Was it 100% yellow, or was it that the picture was taken i some sweatshop somewhere with poor lighting. The pics i had seen it could have been gold or yellow. And, if it was yellow originally, then well done to whoever for listening to change it to gold

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Isn’t it a case of ‘simultaneous contrast’? The old gold flash on the shoulder looks lighter as it is next to white, whilst the old gold on the collar is next to black, thus making the gold appear darker?

Colour theory, ay it?

So in other words it looks yellow and contrasts/ looks out of place next to the gold. :)
Nice shirt besides that..... should be the 2nd shirt.

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So in other words it looks yellow and contrasts/ looks out of place next to the gold. :)
Nice shirt besides that..... should be the 2nd shirt.
Yep, same old gold, different appearance. I like the shirt but I think it would look better if the gold flashes on the shoulder had black borders.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Isn’t it a case of ‘simultaneous contrast’? The old gold flash on the shoulder looks lighter as it is next to white, whilst the old gold on the collar is next to black, thus making the gold appear darker?

Colour theory, ay it?

Yep, you’re right. Had a similar situation on a bird box I painted in Wolves colours (my wife did hers in Boro colours as we settled on making his and hers football themed bird boxes!). Main box was painted in a warm yellow which just looked yellow until I painted the roof black. Then it looked similar to the old gold of my new home shirt. I posted a picture on the Molineux stadium thread as a bit of fun.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, you’re right. Had a similar situation on a bird box I painted in Wolves colours (my wife did hers in Boro colours as we settled on making his and hers football themed bird boxes!). Main box was painted in a warm yellow which just looked yellow until I painted the roof black. Then it looked similar to the old gold of my new home shirt. I posted a picture on the Molineux stadium thread as a bit of fun.
I love the idea of a Wolves birdbox. Could you post a picture or two again please. Also any advice on how to do it. Keen to replicate.

JH1902

Groupie
Reaction score
Away shirt over the third shirt for me. I haven't bought any of the bits released by Wolves/Castore so far but I'm hearing nothing but praise.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love the idea of a Wolves birdbox. Could you post a picture or two again please. Also any advice on how to do it. Keen to replicate.
2DC0674F-1832-4CDD-8C0D-8E13D35A117F.jpeg

Got them as kits from National Trust to save the hassle of cutting the wood. We got them as a fun project we could do together.

Assembled them and then painted them using non toxic acrylic paints. I had an old Wolves key ring so glued that on to finish. My wife liked the idea so got a cheap Boro keyring from eBay to do the same.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
View attachment 23508

Got them as kits from National Trust to save the hassle of cutting the wood. We got them as a fun project we could do together.

Assembled them and then painted them using non toxic acrylic paints. I had an old Wolves key ring so glued that on to finish. My wife liked the idea so got a cheap Boro keyring from eBay to do the same.
This is the type of Mumsnet content that I am here for!

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

View attachment 23508

In terms of fun things to do with ones wife, I can think of a lot better things than making a bird box.

Back
Top Bottom