Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Castore

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can imagine in about a year, many saying how good Adidas was. I have always been a big fan of Adidas, but have to admit that the quality has dropped markedly. I could say the same about Lacoste and many other branded names , who used to make quality, but now charge much more, for much worse quality.

NewOrder306

Groupie
Reaction score
Accountants get involved, money moves above quality as importance, quality drops, profits rise, price rises, quality drops further, profits rise again, customers drift away, profits drop off, accounts leave...the cycle continues....

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Accountants get involved, money moves above quality as importance, quality drops, profits rise, price rises, quality drops further, profits rise again, customers drift away, profits drop off, accounts leave...the cycle continues....
Oi, don’t blame us accountants!

It’s the shareholders and investors who want more money!

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It also says we are getting 3 million a year from adidas presently. Theres surely no way Fosun would sign a deal for less than we're already getting?
Probably something to do with how much of each kit/shirt sale goes back to Castore. Can't recall where I saw it but I believe Adidas get quite a chunk of the sale price back and club only get so much of it.

I'd imagine if Castore are only paying £1M then the deal must be worth less to them commercially and the club will be getting a greater share of sale profits. It'll also be worth less if they have less options in terms of marketing, sales and distribution that are linked to the wider retail rights.

I'd guess that on balance, Fosun have worked out they can make more money this way even though they get less up front from the manufacturer and they get exclusive rights to the merchandising and distribution.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kits are for the players and children.

Couldn't give a toss who it's made by
Imagine if they targeted a more discerning clientele and not just children. Grown up high quality clothing for grown up high quality people.

That's the dream anyway.

Last edited:

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unknown manufacturer if we're honest, small fee for having the chance to provide them for us in terms of the our ambitions within the top flight.
Someone needs a rocket up their **** if this is the best we can negotiate......

Absolute scenes when it's confirmed that this is a record deal for the club and actually rakes us in loads of money, even more than Adidas did.

All because they're reasonably new and you haven't heard of them.

Amazed that people still think the club don't know what they're doing or aren't commercially intelligent enough to work out good deals for us.

D

Deleted member 5962

Absolute scenes when it's confirmed that this is a record deal for the club and actually rakes us in loads of money, even more than Adidas did.

All because they're reasonably new and you haven't heard of them.

Amazed that people still think the club don't know what they're doing or aren't commercially intelligent enough to work out good deals for us.

Didnt the article linked earlier in the thread say it was 1m a year? If so its better than our Adidas deal but not exactly earth shattering.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whatever happened to the Wolves fashion line?
Could that link in with this deal covering the leisure wear side?
From what I've seen the club are focusing more towards China and other parts of Asia, particularly South Korea. For what it's worth the Wolves fashion Weibo account has just over a million followers compared to just under 350,000 on the football account. I think the club are still testing the water with various partnerships. Some of stuff is a bit wacky for the UK market, but some of it ain't too bad, although it is pricey.

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do dread the fashion police following the new kit
Anyway wouldnt this mean more money for us?

D

Deleted member 5962

I do dread the fashion police following the new kit
Anyway wouldnt this mean more money for us?

If the numbers given in the linked article are right, its a decent bump compared to the Adidas deal. Adidas were paying us less than 1m a season AFAIK.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope this is true.
Have never thought the Adidas stripes thing works on our kit.

Oakhamwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I can see the way the club is going with this. For once we have some quite decent non Adidas stuff in, and I would think the club makes far more money on this than the Adidas stuff. I love Adidas, but brought nothing that has an iron on badge, and worse still, iron on stripes. There won’t be £160 hoodies from Castore, it’s purely just kit, everything else is going own brand by the looks of it, works for me as better design and quality, plus club keeps the cash itself.

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
Fellow mixers please read the article in post #8 which explains the advantages of the deal in simple terms, not so much up front but higher royalties that build on success, faster turnarounds so we won't have so many saying that we've sold out of X and we aren't getting any more this season, and I suspect not another damn template!

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They make the McLaren F1 gear. Their last apparel partner was Hugo Boss. Surely that bodes well?

On the flip side Hugo Boss was the last apparel partner for the Nazi's and that ended badly.
Depends who’s side you were on!

Maybe should have added......for the Nazis :)

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't say I've ever paid much attention to Castore but I've had a look through their stuff and it looks alright. They've done a lovely 'retro' Rangers jersey which they're going to be wearing in the cup apparently.

I think Adidas have been relatively poor for anything outside of the playing kit (albeit some of those have been crap too). Quality wise I expected better from them. I can understand why the club would look to finish the deal earlier.

If Castore can provide quality kit and their supply chain can keep up with demand then I don't see a problem with not having 3 stripes.

Paying 60 quid for a shirt that cost bugger all to make and was made using cheap labour just really goes against everything I believe in TBH

but if someone wants to buy one for me I'm all ears :)

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
4 year deal.

750k per year.

That was struck as a newly promoted club......

As a top 8 finishing club 2 years in trot we've negotiated an extra 250k.... Hmmmmm not the best deal we could have secured surely given our huge rise in profile since promotion
Depends on the scope of the two deals too...

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have read it's a million per season and or current deal is 3 million over 4 seasons
I meant more what it covers. Adidas was kit plus leisure wear. If for example this is just kit then the leisure wear is a further opportunity....

Wandsworth Wolf

Reaction score
I wonder what our sales figures are currently?
Modesty, let’s say we shift 60k replica shirts a year (home, away and 3rd) globally at £55 = £3.3m. It’s obviously a large amount of money, but not exactly life-changing when our income last year was about £140m.
I guess you’ve got to be selling hundreds of thousands of shirts a year to get the big multi-million £ revenues.

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Paying 60 quid for a shirt that cost bugger all to make and was made using cheap labour just really goes against everything I believe in TBH

but if someone wants to buy one for me I'm all ears :)

I've got a white Adidas away shirt with João Moutinho on the back going spare.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it's true we are going with Castore, I wonder if the club will make an announcement soon if the cat's out of the bag.

I know Wolves have collaborated with some Asian fashion manufacturers for leisure and high-end clothes so I was kind of expecting a Chinese company if we were going to go with a smaller company. There seems to be a Chinese company wanting to challenge Western brands in nearly every industry. That's how it comes across anyway. Maybe that will come in the future.
Clothing doesn't ping data back to Xi Jinping and his AI development village though!

Back
Top Bottom