Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Castore

The Runner

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's just been noted on the 'New Kit' thread that the adidas deal is being terminated a year early which seems a bit strange. Must be financially beneficial to us.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
They’re paying Rangers a LOT of money, so Imagine with our prem status they’re offering us a good wedge.

Houston Lobo

Reaction score
Hopefully Jeff has put Bukta on standby next September to produce 20,000 kits sharpish.

One of my life's greatest achievements was held up months because of this - pretty sure I was still in primary school, and I won the kit of my favourite team after entering a competition in 'Roy of the Rovers'.

My Mum was over the moon, however. The other part of the prize was a year's supply of washing powder for it, so she had a pallet of Ariel dropped off that needed storing in the garage!!

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A quick Google states these are made in Portugal...coincidence?
(And was founded by two scousers)

But it is exciting to be going down the small brand route again. A massive gamble on quality and sizes for us but a bespoke kit and fun finding out

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They have jackets for £220 on their website. Seems very much like a fashion house expanding.
Like our player recruitment, looking for players just before they make it big, maybe this is a similar scenario.
And they will be paying us ridiculous amounts for the honour

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t say I’m blown away by this, Adidas is one of my favourite brands (particularly Originals), but have been disappointed by a few of the kits and the training/ leasure wear has been pretty average.

In Adidas’ defence, the 2018/19 kits were class, particularly the away kit. And, don’t shoot me, but I really like the blue away kit this year too. Purchased that straight away!

Big fan of Andy Murray so that’s a positive. Plus I really hope they give us the option for long sleeve shirts again, really frustrated they’ve dropped that in recent years.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
absolute **** bag of **** decision

i hate the years we have spent with these naff brands

this is worthy of moxey era

*******s *******s *******s

adidas have been poor for us yes but let's get a good solid brand - umbro, hummel etc

we're supposed to be going up in the world

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ahhh i thought it was 4 years. Hopefully you are right!

“Wolves have signed the biggest shirt sponsorship deal in the club's history, penning a two-year partnership with betting firm ManBetX.”

(From the E&S)

((Can’t wait to get shot of them purely for aesthetic reasons))

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They’re paying Rangers a LOT of money, so Imagine with our prem status they’re offering us a good wedge.
Yeah, and the fans will be paying it back via the prices they are charging.
£160 for a hoodie, er, no.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it's true we are going with Castore, I wonder if the club will make an announcement soon if the cat's out of the bag.

I know Wolves have collaborated with some Asian fashion manufacturers for leisure and high-end clothes so I was kind of expecting a Chinese company if we were going to go with a smaller company. There seems to be a Chinese company wanting to challenge Western brands in nearly every industry. That's how it comes across anyway. Maybe that will come in the future.

D

Deleted member 11332

Yeah, and the fans will be paying it back via the prices they are charging.
£160 for a hoodie, er, no.

Not sure you can compare wolves with rangers from a commercial sales aspect, I'd imagine their merchandise sales absolutely dwarf ours and therefore there's a premium put on. I'd be amazed if they are pushed at similar price points.

D

Deleted member 5340

Someone from Wolverhampton dashing out £160 for a hoodie? Zero ****ing chance.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Can see it now

Friday: pitch up at the club shop, fork out £200+ on a nice stylish premium hoodie, sets me aside from those still wearing their adidas/Europa League ones

Saturday: pitch up at the entrance at Molineux to go to take my padded seat in the Billy Wright Executive Suite "sorry mate no hoodies!"

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure you can compare wolves with rangers from a commercial sales aspect, I'd imagine their merchandise sales absolutely dwarf ours and therefore there's a premium put on. I'd be amazed if they are pushed at similar price points.
Their normal (non football) hoodies are £160. The Wolves ones are not going to be cheaper.

D

Deleted member 11332

Their normal (non football) hoodies are £160. The Wolves ones are not going to be cheaper.

I was talking primarily kits, training tops really, who on earth buys hoodies with football badges on anyway?

Tonesterwolf

Reaction score
I've been on the Rangers online shop to get a feel of what we can expect in terms of prices and quality ( as much as you can establish from a website ) if the deal is with Castore.
With regards to replica shirts they are charging £5 more so £60 for adult sizes and £45 for kids. They are also offering long sleeve versions which I presume are £68 (sold out but that's the price of the long sleeve goalies).
All the training / leisurewear looks 10 times better than we have with adidas, I.e. not generic with a Wolves badge ironed on so there is hope that it will be better but all the prices are more expensive than the current ones with adidas.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The report is a couple of years old.

"But of course, this group isn't only investing in good design. They also have an eye on the company’s sales trajectory with sales of only £750,000 pounds last year but expectations that they will rise to £2.7 million in 2018.

And if it manages to make an impact in key Asian markets, as well as in the US, those sales should rise even faster.

The company, which is based in Chester, is planning a dedicated Asian website and is also mulling the opening of its first store in Hong Kong."

As I mentioned previously, Wolves have partnered with some other brands in Asia to sell premium leisure fashion. Goalstudio was one and their prices were pretty expensive. If Wolves do go with Castore it could be with an eye on the Asia market for both parties.

Last edited:

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't say I've ever paid much attention to Castore but I've had a look through their stuff and it looks alright. They've done a lovely 'retro' Rangers jersey which they're going to be wearing in the cup apparently.

I think Adidas have been relatively poor for anything outside of the playing kit (albeit some of those have been crap too). Quality wise I expected better from them. I can understand why the club would look to finish the deal earlier.

If Castore can provide quality kit and their supply chain can keep up with demand then I don't see a problem with not having 3 stripes.

Preston Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Looks like Newcastle have signed up with Castore for next season. Some of the Rangers retro stuff looks good, hopefully they can do something similar for us.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
absolute **** bag of **** decision

i hate the years we have spent with these naff brands

this is worthy of moxey era

*******s *******s *******s

adidas have been poor for us yes but let's get a good solid brand - umbro, hummel etc

we're supposed to be going up in the world

Don't worry: if you're looking for a big club Accrington Stanley are sticking with adidas and I'm sure they'd be delighted with your support.

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Castore have always made a big deal about treating teams in a special manner - saying that Nike and Adidas look after their bigger interests (Real, Barca etc) but care little for the rest of their portfolio.

I would wager if this happens, we go retro and get a proper nice looking kit. Hopefully their supply issue sorts itself.

Gold home kit circa 94/95
White Away Kit Circa 88/90
Black 3rd Kit Circa 2004 PL Season

Wandsworth Wolf

Reaction score
The report is a couple of years old.

"But of course, this group isn't only investing in good design. They also have an eye on the company’s sales trajectory with sales of only £750,000 pounds last year but expectations that they will rise to £2.7 million in 2018.

And if it manages to make an impact in key Asian markets, as well as in the US, those sales should rise even faster.

The company, which is based in Chester, is planning a dedicated Asian website and is also mulling the opening of its first store in Hong Kong."

As I mentioned previously, Wolves have partnered with some other brands in Asia to sell premium leisure fashion. Goalstudio was one and their prices were pretty expensive. If Wolves do go with Castore it could be with an eye on the Asia market for both parties.

Maybe Fosun have got an eye on this as investment opportunity. Buy a stake in the business, supply the club, grow exposure of brand, expand in Asia. Bingo.

You can just see Fosun getting involved with this - huge global growth potential.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score

Tonesterwolf

Reaction score
If I’m reading that right, we get £1m per year but Newcastle get £5m per year?
It also says we are getting 3 million a year from adidas presently. Theres surely no way Fosun would sign a deal for less than we're already getting?

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it's accurate I can only assume Wolves think they can make up the shortfall by producing their own range of leisure wear or partnering with another company to produce it. I'm guessing the deal with Newcastle includes the playing kit and the rest of the retail rights.

Back
Top Bottom