Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Cardiff 12/1 to win the league

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
sorry for being the doom merchant on the latest odds but look at the run in they certainly have easier games than us. We can only afford to lose three more games?? At that price the bookies will get the punters

D

Deleted member 4456

The bookies will win anyway because there's a huge overround on markets like this. It makes absolutely no difference to them who wins the league because they'll make a profit regardless. Rather than worrying about what they think, let's concentrate on how we can get a win against Reading next week.

purplepault69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Prior to yesterday my bet with Coral that Wolves would win the league had a cash out of 91% and had been like that for about 3 weeks , today it has reduced to 88% --- I am still confident that they will win the league so no panic to cash out.

E

Essex Wolf

But apparently the bookies aren't taking any more bets according to some?

S

ShropshireLad

The bookies will win anyway because there's a huge overround on markets like this. It makes absolutely no difference to them who wins the league because they'll make a profit regardless. Rather than worrying about what they think, let's concentrate on how we can get a win against Reading next week.
It absolutely won't make any difference what you, I and the rest think to the outcome v Reading because what will happen will happen regardless. :cool:

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
just went through the fixtures and was realistic about us and optimistic about villa/cardiff. i got us going up in second on 91 points even then and that includes defeats to boro, cardiff, villa and derby and a draw away at leeds. couldnt get villa over 89 points even with them winning the next 8 games ina row

purplepault69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
just went through the fixtures and was realistic about us and optimistic about villa/cardiff. i got us going up in second on 91 points even then and that includes defeats to boro, cardiff, villa and derby and a draw away at leeds. couldnt get villa over 89 points even with them winning the next 8 games ina row
Sorry but please try again because that result is not acceptable :)

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We won't lose to Derby no way

W

we8wba

I’d say Cardiff are the most likely to catch us.

Villa? More chance of Fulham catching Villa

Cardiff May give us a scare but as I said even if they somehow caught us I’d expect us get above them again

Villa on other hand, if they catch us they’ll win the title

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cardiff May give us a scare but as I said even if they somehow caught us I’d expect us get above them again

Gee whizz, how do you put someone on ignore so you don't see their posts
I am told this can be done so can someone please tell me how you do it

W

wv13 steve

cardiff have got brentford away at the weekend and thats a tough game and brentford will turn them over.
we will beat reading that im sure and panic will be over.
was at fulham yesterday and what a bummer that was as it was my birthday,also sad to see fans around me up for fisty cuffs as we went 2 down.
keep the faith people we will win the league

O

OldWolvesfart

365 offering to win the league - Wolves 1/10 Cardiff 9/1 looks safe to me.

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
cardiff have got brentford away at the weekend and thats a tough game and brentford will turn them over.
was at fulham yesterday and what a bummer that was as it was my birthday,also sad to see fans around me up for fisty cuffs as we went 2 down.
You were lucky.

I had a guy behind me shouting abuse the whole game. I couldn't repeat what he was saying when the subs were being made. I went down to the loo after the 2nd goal and the amount of people in the concourse watching on the TVs was unbelievable. Fair few leaving as well.

NorthWestWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You were lucky.

I had a guy behind me shouting abuse the whole game. I couldn't repeat what he was saying when the subs were being made. I went down to the loo after the 2nd goal and the amount of people in the concourse watching on the TVs was unbelievable. Fair few leaving as well.
That'll be the world famous support of the South Bank.

S

SavageWolf

Good question lol but the problem is that most of us would only see a small number of posts which ay good for a forum.
Try the person (profile) icon next to mail icon then go to People you Ignore, type name and save (I think, I haven't tried yet).

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 3573J

Villa have always been playing catch up, there's big pressure once you get into the top 2 to continue the run. As proved last week when they got into 2nd then lost and drew to slip back into the play-offs. Even in the unlikely event they caught us up with 6 games to go I'd still back us to win it as we've had the pressure of being top all season.

Credit to Cardiff for hanging in there, I expected them to slip away especially after their poor run over new year but they keep grinding out the wins and I think they'll get 2nd. Villa are there for the taking in a couple of weeks, big pitch and they'll come at us which will play into our hands on the counter. Cardiff will be the tougher test, I think we'll get a draw there.

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nigh on impossible predicting results in the championship over any period. No doubt we haven”t been as good the last 3 months compared to the first 3 months of the season but we still have a significant gap on third. Just make sure we get automatic and winning the League would be the cherry on top.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Waste your money! We are gonna win the league! Hopefully Fulham finish second and Cardiff and Villa do one in the play-offs. The best two footballing sides go up and two **** teams playing **** football stay down, to toil another year in the chump, working out how to play the beautiful game.

D

Deleted member TW5162

Good question lol but the problem is that most of us would only see a small number of posts which ay good for a forum.
Try the person (profile) icon next to mail icon then go to People you Ignore, type name and save (I think, I haven't tried yet).

It is much simpler than that, click their name on any of their posts and a little window will pop up - then just click ignore.

Job done.

Do not test it on me :):p

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have always fought amongst ourselves..just the way it is...****ing mad!
Will finish: Wolves
Cardiff
Vile

Last edited:

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You were lucky.

At the end of the game two blokes in front of me shouted abuse and gave the finger to connor coady. He definitely saw it and had come over to clap the fans on his own. Absolute disgrace.

B

Bluebird64

I think you'd be surprised about how many of us Cardiff fans actually want Wolves to win the Championship !!

The simple fact is that if you win it there's a fair bet you will have got a decent result against Villa and Derby in the games you've got against them and, frankly, that's all we're worried about !! Mind you, we will be wanting a win against you at our place :D

Winning the Championship last time didn't help us stay in the Prem :rolleyes: Nice trophy though it might be !!

So good luck and don't let us down against Villa or Derby like you did against Fulham :p

W

we8wba

I think you'd be surprised about how many of us Cardiff fans actually want Wolves to win the Championship !!

The simple fact is that if you win it there's a fair bet you will have got a decent result against Villa and Derby in the games you've got against them and, frankly, that's all we're worried about !! Mind you, we will be wanting a win against you at our place :D

Winning the Championship last time didn't help us stay in the Prem :rolleyes: Nice trophy though it might be !!

So good luck and don't let us down against Villa or Derby like you did against Fulham :p

Good assessment

I’m also in the boat id prefer Cardiff to come up as believe they’ll be the weakest in the premier (albeit they’ve been underdogs all season and thriving)

Good luck rest of season, happy for you to match our form

B

Bluebird64

Good assessment

I’m also in the boat id prefer Cardiff to come up as believe they’ll be the weakest in the premier (albeit they’ve been underdogs all season and thriving)

Good luck rest of season, happy for you to match our form

Depends how you measure weak !!

Pretty football - yes we're weak

Result driven football (in the main pretty exciting too with the ball in the box a lot) - we're the 2nd best in the Championship so they'll be at least one "weaker" team than us in the Prem if we stay in 2nd !! If the Jacks stay up that will be up to 2 teams weaker and we only have to find one more team weaker than us and we stay up :D

Did you think we were weak when we beat you at your place ?

We tried playing "pretty" football to stay up last time under Solksjaer and what you discover is that most of the Prem teams are better at that than you, therefore I would argue it's result driven football that gets you up and keeps you up. Works for Burnley.

I wonder if WBA and Stoke are enjoying their football more this season without a certain Mr Pullis, I doubt it somehow !! Everton fans are certainly happier with Big Sam than they were with Koeman !!

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Waste your money! We are gonna win the league! Hopefully Fulham finish second and Cardiff and Villa do one in the play-offs. The best two footballing sides go up and two **** teams playing **** football stay down, to toil another year in the chump, working out how to play the beautiful game.

Please no, we don't need any more London clubs. I would rather Villa go up if we win promotion.

B

Bluebird64

But Fulham, VIlla and Derby fans will all be following the same logic, and thinking the exact same thing.

The difference being we have the points in the bag and they have to play catch up so they need a whole lot more results to go in their favour than us !! A draw at Villa and Derby would do us very nicely thank you, whereas they need to win.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Please no, we don't need any more London clubs. I would rather Villa go up if we win promotion.
At the end of the day, I don't care who goes up, just as long as we are one of those clubs. But I really don't think Cardiff will win it. It's in our hands. We just need to make Molineux the cauldron of noise - like it was in the 90s/early 00s when we wanted it so badly - do folks remember - then the players will do the rest! Remember, we have some tasty players now in Jota, Cav and Neves and our defence is a lot more solid than it has ever been in the last 10 years. As the song goes "I just can't wait till Saturday"...

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cardiff’s next 3 away

Brentford
Derby
Sheff U

Not easy that .

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think they will win at Brentford but lose the other two.

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This I thought was a good post on VillaTalk about the relative difficulty of the run ins for each club:

17/18 Promotion Charge

Actually shows us to have the easiest run in, which is surprising.

Back
Top Bottom