Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Can anyone explain clearly where we are heading ?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Honestly think anyone still thinking we are going to break into a top six needs to come back down to earth. The big six, despite a few of them having rocky spells are absolutely miles ahead of us and lets not forget what Newcastle are trying to do and how Leicester have already built a solid base. Also only a matter of time before another club is taken over by multibillionaires happy to throw money at it.

We would have got 6th or 7th last season if they had actually backed the head coach, in my opinion. Instead they loaned out Adama and signed a young player who hardly played until the end of the season.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun have no ambition, no idea how to communicate to the fans who they have little regard for and quite clearly if they ever had an interest in the once great club that's long long gone.
"Once great"

Well it's been a very long time if we aren't a great club now.

optimuswolf

Reaction score
Does anyone here have the foggiest where we want to be as a club and how we are going to get there ?
Under previous owners it was clearly survival - 17th or better was the target.
Under Nuno it appeared to be European competition. But now I wouldnt know how to explain our target probably a weak - " The best we can do "
If I was a player wanting to join WWFC that is the first thing I would want to hear.
I have listened to Ask Wolves - honest .
So how would you explain our position in a POSITIVE way to a wanabee Wolves player that is thinking of signing a contract with WWFC ?
Solid mid table premier league. See southampton, crystal palace, brighton, leeds

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think it's going to be a tough season . I really do feel that we just look like a club that's standing still whilst others seem to be trying to move upwards . We just seem content with what we have got as a club.

Must admit I know he is paid well but I would struggle as a manager to stick around . As eventually the luck will probably turn where Sa has some bad games instead of winning us games and then we are in the **** . Never understood why owners of clubs think they can be self sufficient. I mean Barca are probably one of the biggest brands in football and they aren't.

Queensland Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
September will tell. If we can just move down that list that is fine. We do need at least 4 first teamers.
Unless Traore get a sense of reality, Neves stays , Boly bucks up, Neto and Jimmy get fit , Silva grows up and Podence stops sulking.
Lololol / love your player summary

Matthew Clark

Groupie
Reaction score
The way I see it is that the CCP have told Chinese owners of football clubs outside China to stop investing, probably to the annoyance of Fosun, - how many other Chinese owned clubs are throwing money at transfers?

Obviously we cannot compete with the big boys as it stands and we cannot do a City or a Chelsea because of FFP, the only way to increase our transfer kitty is increasing revenues like getting into music, esports and fashion etc. This is why Jeff has said the club has to be self sufficient and this is why we have young, raw, cheap players as they can be sold for profit.

This is also why we are not seeing any investment in improving the stadium.

I'm just as frustrated as the rest of us at the apparent 'turning off of the taps' but in the long term this may have to be the best way to fight for trophies and regularly get into Europe by having a bigger revenue stream and more commercial prowess but its going to take patience.

Fosun may not themselves be happy with having their hands tied by the CCP and its frustrating as we all, and surely including Fosun, just want to see exciting football and trophies being won at this club we all love.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The way I see it is that the CCP have told Chinese owners of football clubs outside China to stop investing, probably to the annoyance of Fosun, - how many other Chinese owned clubs are throwing money at transfers?

Obviously we cannot compete with the big boys as it stands and we cannot do a City or a Chelsea because of FFP, the only way to increase our transfer kitty is increasing revenues like getting into music, esports and fashion etc. This is why Jeff has said the club has to be self sufficient and this is why we have young, raw, cheap players as they can be sold for profit.

I'm just as frustrated as the rest of us at the apparent 'turning off of the taps' but in the long term this may have to be the best way to fight for trophies and regularly get into Europe by having a bigger revenue stream and more commercial prowess but its going to take patience.

Fosun may not themselves be happy with having their hands tied by the CCP and its frustrating as we all, and surely including Fosun, just want to see exciting football and trophies being won at this club we all love.
Don’t kid yourself that the money the Fosun Sports Group potentially makes from esports will be going in Wolves transfer kitty.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I keep seeing this argument but I personally don't have any problems with a selfsustaible model.
I do however have huge problems with how the money that has been available has mostly been spend in recent years.

johnnybetchas

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think us ‘happy Clappers’ look at the league table and review evidence as proof that we haven’t been relegated, neither are we going bust or Fosun asset stripping the club.
You my friend, and others sharing your dour ‘the sky is falling in’ mantra, are basing your views on Twitter, questionable internet rumours and bull**** media outlets.
We finished 10th last season after you and yours were screaming relegation. Oh but that’s not Fosun, that’s credit to everyone/anyone else but Fosun.
Honestly, if I was caring enough, I’d be ringing up for half a dozen whaaa whaaa whaambulances to take you all to cry baby hospital.

Cry baby hospital - I like that!!

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is a conclusion we can draw from this thread - NO no one here knows where we are heading and I’ll let you all draw your own conclusions.
Just as I feel . I was hoping for enlightenment . But there is no clarity .

Queensland Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
League 1 obviously....

Another thread moaning about the club....

Just plain ignorance of what had been achieved over the last 5/6 years........

Just don't like it right now cos we're not signing players left right and centre so I'll Question the club as a whole...

Please lord! Try and save these guys!!!

I don't even believe in god and I'm still hoping he/she/it can send some perspective and gratitude down over some
Yes I do criticise he club and rightly so. We r a mess on the field and I see no redemptive action on the part of the club to fix it. It matters little how far we’ve come, we only can influence where we are going and I don’t like the view I’m getting

Queensland Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
League 1 obviously....

Another thread moaning about the club....

Just plain ignorance of what had been achieved over the last 5/6 years........

Just don't like it right now cos we're not signing players left right and centre so I'll Question the club as a whole...

Please lord! Try and save these guys!!!

I don't even believe in god and I'm still hoping he/she/it can send some perspective and gratitude down over some
Yes I do criticise he club and rightly so. We r a mess on the field and I see no redemptive action on the part of the club to fix it. It matters little how far we’ve come, we only can influence where we are going and I don’t like the view I’m getting

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're in a mess are we?......

That says it all. Your opinion means very little based on that comment and view. How very sad you think that.

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Downward direction. We can't afford to lose anymore players also.

It's just looking so negative at Wolves. Missing out on João Palhinha has set the tone for window ahead. Massive dissapointment.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It seems that some of us believe that music, fashion and esports will increase our transfer kitty, and others think any money made will go elsewhere.

It comes up again and again. Maybe we should dedicate a thread to this issue and get input from the likes of Kieran Maguire or others that actually understand football finance.

Personal view - these ventures won't make any serious money for a while, and when they do, it will be accounted for in other businesses. Wolves may get increased commercial deals - ie 'a new official sponsor for energy drinks' but how much will that raise?

Shi made a big thing about it because he had nothing else that was positive to say. 'No money for transfers, no money for real ground development. But don't worry, esports will save us.'

However, no-one else on this forum knows the real story and it's something I think we need to understand more about.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It seems that some of us believe that music, fashion and esports will increase our transfer kitty, and others think any money made will go elsewhere.

It comes up again and again. Maybe we should dedicate a thread to this issue and get input from the likes of Kieran Maguire or others that actually understand football finance.

Personal view - these ventures won't make any serious money for a while, and when they do, it will be accounted for in other businesses. Wolves may get increased commercial deals - ie 'a new official sponsor for energy drinks' but how much will that raise?

Shi made a big thing about it because he had nothing else that was positive to say. 'No money for transfers, no money for real ground development. But don't worry, esports will save us.'

However, no-one else on this forum knows the real story and it's something I think we need to understand more about.
Most of us just look at the squad and results and make our judgements . As football fans that is how it should be.
Nothing yet explains our net squad reduction from a weak base .

Queensland Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
We're in a mess are we?......

That says it all. Your opinion means very little based on that comment and view. How very sad you think that.
Well if you want me to spell it out for you:
- Who exactly do u see in midfield next season?
- Where are our goals to come from?
- What is our dominant attacking plan?
- When we don’t control midfield what is our default plan?
- Our back three s exposed so do we have the players to play a back four?
- All sorts of rumours about player unrest
- The new kit is as exciting as last weeks dinner
- Our ground looks ungainly
- We don’t have proper video screens
- Two of our stands are an embarrassment
- So many faded seats that need replacing
- Growing disconnect between club hierarchy and core fans due to the club choosing not to discuss anything seriously
By themselves they are not so pressing but collectively I’d say yes we are in a mess.

It gives me no pleasure saying these things but they are our reality

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where we are heading?
Longterm struggle to avoid relegation given the outspoken strategy from Jeff Shi(self sufficient-sell before we can buy)and the clear strategy from Fosun not to invest in the first team or even the stadium itself.
It might work for a number of seasons..or not.
Long term perspective though..we are only heading one way given the current limitations the club is facing.
It is called The Championship for some reason so strange I never has understand it.

I´m used to it since the latter part of the 70`s and us under Mick.

No one should be kiddin themselves though.A Wolverhampton Wanderers that is relying 100 percent of self sufficiance when it comes to the transfer market and selling before buying will ultimately fail with that approach.

It is a matter of time maybe,but nothing else.

Best is if Fosun can find a buyer in the not to distant future with a different approach and ambition.
I´m not so sure it can be done in the current economical climate that will be present in the years to come.
Let´s hope we manage to stay up in the meantime

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well if you want me to spell it out for you:
- Who exactly do u see in midfield next season?
- Where are our goals to come from?
- What is our dominant attacking plan?
- When we don’t control midfield what is our default plan?
- Our back three s exposed so do we have the players to play a back four?
- All sorts of rumours about player unrest
- The new kit is as exciting as last weeks dinner
- Our ground looks ungainly
- We don’t have proper video screens
- Two of our stands are an embarrassment
- So many faded seats that need replacing
- Growing disconnect between club hierarchy and core fans due to the club choosing not to discuss anything seriously
By themselves they are not so pressing but collectively I’d say yes we are in a mess.

It gives me no pleasure saying these things but they are our reality
1. Neves, moutinho, Donk as it stands.
2. Raul, Neto, podence, hwang.... Silva....
3. Drop back and play on the counter with width
4. Our back 3 in the current system has had one of the best goals against over the last few seasons......
5. What ****ing rumours?? Make it up as you go along if you want...
6. General consensus is this year's kit is very very good.... Just read on here ffs....
7. Our ground has just hosted 3 International fixtures so can't be that bad from the outside looking in...
8. Yes, they need to be upgraded
9. Some seats do, a lot were done last year so it's a continuous operation
10. Is there growing discontent or are you just not as happy as youd like to be?...

Like most clubs, there's improvements in many areas that are desired! A mess??? **** off :) :)

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rather than be personal , could you please look at our first team squad and explain why we will improve on our dire performances and results since February ?
Improvement yes. We're in a mess??!!! Give over! How dramatic

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rather than be personal , could you please look at our first team squad and explain why we will improve on our dire performances and results since February ?
When referring to someone who made a specific comment it's hard not to be personal to be honest.

L78

Reaction score
With a bunch of tyre kickers in charge god knows

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1. Neves, moutinho, Donk as it stands.
2. Raul, Neto, podence, hwang.... Silva....
3. Drop back and play on the counter with width
4. Our back 3 in the current system has had one of the best goals against over the last few seasons......
5. What ****ing rumours?? Make it up as you go along if you want...
6. General consensus is this year's kit is very very good.... Just read on here ffs....
7. Our ground has just hosted 3 International fixtures so can't be that bad from the outside looking in...
8. Yes, they need to be upgraded
9. Some seats do, a lot were done last year so it's a continuous operation
10. Is there growing discontent or are you just not as happy as youd like to be?...

Like most clubs, there's improvements in many areas that are desired! A mess??? **** off :) :)

1. As it stands Moutinho is no longer a Wolves player after Thursday

2. They scored a combined amount of 14 goals last season. Hardly prolific.

3. Sounds like another exciting season

4. True...Current system also is making us look dull as...

6.-9 This year's kit is great...and Molineux really isn't our biggest issue the moment.

10. I'd say the recent E&S fan survey gives a pretty clear indication on that

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some people really do need to get their heads out the sand if they think everything is hunky dory at the club. How can the lack of movement in the market and the current strategy from this ownership not concern people? The warning signs have been there for some time. This strategy will see us relegated sooner or later, surely, surely people can see this?? Evidently not!

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me however you look at it there's no investment in the stadium , funds look hard to come by , and no real imminent moves for players that we can see as either waiting for player sales or don't have the money or owners don't want to invest .

So no matter how you see it we are not moving forward . We have the handbrake on and not going to move very far quickly with this approach. Frustrating as we could potentially have been a top 7 club every season with a bit more forward thinking.

Back
Top Bottom