Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Camp Nou/Man Utd game/Replica shirts

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Camp Nou:
Currently on holiday in Salou, and decided to do a trip to the Camp Nou yesterday with my son & brother-in-law and family.
Positives: Massive size, mega football bowl, towering stands. Can imagine the hostile atmosphere.
Trophies, there are so many it’s incredible.
Cost of tour: €30 Adult, €24 (I think) kids - 1,000’s of people were going round the tour - the income from this must be astronomical.
Negatives: The ground is a dump, massive cracks in the concrete pillars, etched graffiti everywhere, faded seats.
The bars/food outlets look terrible and I can’t imagine how they cater successfully for the crowd size, Molineux is a dream in comparison.
Everything is quite expensive.
I felt we were like herded sheep and basically ‘cash cows’.
They intend rebuilding or modernising in the next 2/3 years - definitely needs to he done.
You have to go to see it, but wouldn’t go back unless it was to see a match, hopefully Wolves!
Barcelona is indeed a beautiful city, amazing buildings and high quality shops.

Match v Man Utd:
Watched in the hotel, 6 of Wolves lots of Man Utd ‘fans’ (a couple of genuine ones, including a guy from Dublin who is involved in Bohemians and regularly went to Utd away matches). They all went nuts when they scored (which ****ed me off), when Rubes scored, gave it back big time & some! You could hear a pin drop at the final whistle and they departed within seconds! My shirt & my sons are having lots of wear!

Replica shirts:
Anyone who has been to Spain or the Islands will be aware of the replica shirts that you can purchase (big business). Generally Liverpool/Man Utd/Man City/Chelsea/Arsenal, not so many Spurs. Obviously lots of Barca/ R.Madrid/national shirts. What would it take to see Wolves ones? Have we made it big when/if these start to appear. From my thoughts, the kids only want these shirts and it’s going to really difficult to make Wolves ‘fashionable’ in a football sense and win over new fans i.e. kids who have no connection to Wolves or Wolverhampton.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I went to Barcelona vs Athletic Bilbao last September. The atmosphere was atrocious and can imagine it always is apart from their two or three big games a season.

I also bumped into a bloke wearing a Wolves shirt in the middle of nowhere but he was on holiday from the UK like myself. You won't find kids abroad wearing our shirts outside of China and Portugal until we start winning trophies. We're a million miles away from the likes of Man Utd, Liverpool, City, Chelsea etc. in that regard.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I went there for the first time and did the tour in July, I actually loved the fact it was a bit shabby. Really liked the stadium, and deepened my affection for them as my non-Wolves European team.

Made me very jealous of my friends who’ve been with their teams (Arsenal and Spurs) to watch a competitive game there - hopefully we will do one day soon!

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Replica shirts:
Anyone who has been to Spain or the Islands will be aware of the replica shirts that you can purchase (big business). Generally Liverpool/Man Utd/Man City/Chelsea/Arsenal, not so many Spurs. Obviously lots of Barca/ R.Madrid/national shirts. What would it take to see Wolves ones? Have we made it big when/if these start to appear. From my thoughts, the kids only want these shirts and it’s going to really difficult to make Wolves ‘fashionable’ in a football sense and win over new fans i.e. kids who have no connection to Wolves or Wolverhampton.

I was at a festival recently (for work) when someone who lives in Mexico got very interested when they found out I'm a Wolves fan. He said that, because of Jimenez, the shirt he was seeing most of, aside from Real and Barca, was Wolves. It helped that last season's kit was great. I saw a lot of teenagers wearing it, people who weren't Wolves fans but like to wear cool football tops. So this can change. It only takes a few years of Jimenez-like signings, combined with a cool simple shirt design, and some big games, to make ours one of the 'cool' kits.

Wandsworth Wolf

Reaction score
My step-son went on holiday with his dad a few weeks ago to Cyprus. He went to the gym bit of the resort complex everyday to keep up his fitness levels. He got chatting to the mid-20s Greek Cypriot guy who managed the place and - sure enough - this young guy was a Wolves fan. Not just his fave Prem team, but the team he properly supports. We’re gaining fans everywhere!

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Re: Man U - on Talk sport today they said in a poll 1 in every 7 world-wide football fans support Man U????!!!!! AAaarrrggggghhhhhhhh
And on the replica theme there were loads of half and half scarf sellers around Molineux last night - did not see 1 get sold or see anyone wearing one! Doubt they'll be there for Burnley but they'll be back for Torino!!!!

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Camp Nou:
Currently on holiday in Salou, and decided to do a trip to the Camp Nou yesterday with my son & brother-in-law and family.
Positives: Massive size, mega football bowl, towering stands. Can imagine the hostile atmosphere.
Cost of tour: €30 Adult, €24 (I think) kids - 1,000’s of people were going round the tour - the income from this must be astronomical.
Negatives: The ground is a dump, massive cracks in the concrete pillars, etched graffiti everywhere, faded seats.
The bars/food outlets look terrible and I can’t imagine how they cater successfully for the crowd size, Molineux is a dream in comparison.
They intend rebuilding or modernising in the next 2/3 years - definitely needs to he done.
You have to go to see it, but wouldn’t go back unless it was to see a match, hopefully Wolves!

Match v Man Utd:
Watched in the hotel, 6 of Wolves lots of Man Utd ‘fans’ (a couple of genuine ones, including a guy from Dublin who is involved in Bohemians and regularly went to Utd away matches). They all went nuts when they scored (which ****ed me off), when Rubes scored, gave it back big time & some! You could hear a pin drop at the final whistle and they departed within seconds! My shirt & my sons are having lots of wear!

Replica shirts:

atmosphere not that hostile, nothing compared to last night at its peak

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Re: Man U - on Talk sport today they said in a poll 1 in every 7 world-wide football fans support Man U????!!!!! AAaarrrggggghhhhhhhh
And on the replica theme there were loads of half and half scarf sellers around Molineux last night - did not see 1 get sold or see anyone wearing one! Doubt they'll be there for Burnley but they'll be back for Torino!!!!

Walked past a half and half scarf seller on the way out, desperatley waving one in the air shouting "half price". Didnt see any takers while I was passing

Darbena

Reaction score
I actually spotted someone wearing one at the train station last night who was waiting for the Manchester train!
There was a geezer on the platform trying to sell them by shoving them in peoples faces.
People must buy them or they wouldn’t bother, first time I’ve seen one being worn and it wasn’t even cold - I found last nights one quite funny as it read nunovole !

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Camp Nou:

Match v Man Utd:

Replica shirts:

Where you watch game? Red Lion great on matchday followed by Robin hood. Great place Salou.

R

reanswolf

Sad fact. 1 in 7 people in the world who follow football are brain-dead wancers :)-

Yeah saw those blokes selling half and half scarfs, like you I didn't see one being sold and I verbally abused him (big hard me!), called him a ****in sad *******.

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Where you watch game? Red Lion great on matchday followed by Robin hood. Great place Salou.
Cheers for that, all the games have been on in the hotel. Watched The Europa game in a bar called butlers around the corner from hotel.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was at a festival recently (for work) when someone who lives in Mexico got very interested when they found out I'm a Wolves fan. He said that, because of Jimenez, the shirt he was seeing most of, aside from Real and Barca, was Wolves. It helped that last season's kit was great. I saw a lot of teenagers wearing it, people who weren't Wolves fans but like to wear cool football tops. So this can change. It only takes a few years of Jimenez-like signings, combined with a cool simple shirt design, and some big games, to make ours one of the 'cool' kits.

Trouble is wen ya say cum on me babbies to em,they dow know wat ya mean.:rolleyes:

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sad fact. 1 in 7 people in the world who follow football are brain-dead wancers :)-

Yeah saw those blokes selling half and half scarf being sold, like you I didn't see one being sold and I verbally abused him (big hard me!), called him a ****in sad *******.
Ooooohhhh, don't want to cross you Reans!!!!!

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cheers for that, all the games have been on in the hotel. Watched The Europa game in a bar called butlers around the corner from hotel.

Get yourself down Red Lion Thursday if still there. Worked in Salou for summer couple years ago. Do a quiz before games which can win enough beer to get you through game.

Dragonwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I watched last night on a big screen at our hotel in Dubrovnik with a plastic Manc, a spurs fan, a kid from Canada and a couple of the Croatian waiters (who loved Wolves). Paid the fiver to watch the Europa game but it wouldnt show as I was in a 'prohibited country'

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I thought their museum was great - I'll never forget Maradona's tiny little boots

Saw a match there, CWC quarter final against Fiorentina - stadium was a buzz, and a galaxy of stars on the field

R

reanswolf

Ooooohhhh, don't want to cross you Reans!!!!!
Poor behaviour on my behalf Norfolk, there's just something that makes me see red about these Londoners who come down to sell this stuff on big matchdays.
I was out of order and will be handing myself into police at some point today (;-

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Replica shirts..

I got chased down the seafront in Tenerife by an enraged shopkeeper. His England shirts were a ‘bit dodgy ‘ and he didn’t appreciate drunken Brits singing “Two Lions on a shirt” outside his displays.

Back
Top Bottom