Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bust up

Tonesterwolf

Reaction score
Ha, brilliant, I must be an armchair fan? Well your uninformed opinion of me doesn't change the facts either. I checked, we were never below 14th, we gained 17 points in the first 1/3 of the season and 28 in the other 2/3. That's not great, but still not relegation form. I'm not saying it was a good watch (like you presumably on lockdown TV), but the idea that we've done much better this season simply isn't true. We've had some good performances and some good results, but not many of either.
Agree, the only season we were "nearly relegated" from the prem was the "Survival Sunday" year against Blackburn.

WetheralWolf

Reaction score
In terms of a fall out, we all know that managers are the fall guys at a club and so, as Lord Sugar tells us, it is with some regret but thanks for your efforts Bruno but don't let the door hit your backside on the way out.

HUGE summer ahead now. Can see a complete rebuild needed - e.g. would you sign a deal at present if you were Mouts?

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In terms of a fall out, we all know that managers are the fall guys at a club and so, as Lord Sugar tells us, it is with some regret but thanks for your efforts Bruno but don't let the door hit your backside on the way out.

HUGE summer ahead now. Can see a complete rebuild needed - e.g. would you sign a deal at present if you were Mouts?
Agree on the rebuild, but where are the £ millions needed coming from.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And it's the second manager they've done this to.

It's feasible that the players just want a comfy life, don't want another gruelling 60+ game season with zero squad depth to help out.

It doesn't matter if Lage stays or leaves in the summer, we need to gut this squad and replace the core.

Yes, this. There are some comments on here since the defeat that are virtually identical to those from a year ago. Deja Vu or what? It might be that these players just refuse to change from 3 at the back, defensive midfielders out back too, and so on. They know what they like and it's what they are comfortable doing.
Performances have been mostly ugly since lockdown, regardless of result, It goes back a long way. And any attempt to change (Nuno tried too) seems to end with the manager proverbially losing the dressing room.

WetheralWolf

Reaction score
Neves and to a lesser extent Raul, Traore and Semedo...

Might be wishful thinking though as we may well do other clubs a 'favour'

Off topic slightly now but a combined fee of £40 million for Silva and Moutinho doesn't look too bad...carousel riding!

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have been reflecting on this. His man management skills appear to be similar to Mourinho. In a similar way they both have very precise ways that they want players to play and are not adverse to blaming players rather than reflecting on their part. I believe they are both from the same area with the same mentor/person they admired most. They also have similar backgrounds in that neither played to a high level or any level. Unfortunately Bruno has not had the affect Jose has in his first year.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably not........unless Bruno already knows the score
We all know the score, mate...
"Wolverhampton Wanderers nil.."

The biggest thing to me was Coady today. His body language was awful and he looked broken. Something badly wrong in the last few weeks at the club in my opinion.
Noticed this for some time.

Like him in a 3 or not, there can be few who would disagree he's been a motivating skipper on the park. However, anyone who has only recently started watching us play would never believe it.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I stayed around a couple of minutes after the final whistle as I was in no hurry and it was actually interesting to hear an admittedly muted chant of "Bruno! Bruno!" towards the manager. Like on the poll on the Mix, feelings towards him are, well, mixed it would seem.
Interesting, TY.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Bruno at the airport? Where is the picture? Curious to see one.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, this. There are some comments on here since the defeat that are virtually identical to those from a year ago. Deja Vu or what? It might be that these players just refuse to change from 3 at the back, defensive midfielders out back too, and so on. They know what they like and it's what they are comfortable doing.
Performances have been mostly ugly since lockdown, regardless of result, It goes back a long way. And any attempt to change (Nuno tried too) seems to end with the manager proverbially losing the dressing room.
Really good point. I completely agree about performances since lockdown being 'ugly', however with the notable exception of the first three matches this season when, despite losing all three, most were raving about Bruno ball. Since then, we've reverted to type for the most part and even when getting positive results, the performances have been meh at best.
Perhaps the players said 'told ya so' after the first three matches and Bruno folded.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Weird isn’t it that Bruno is on the sidelines waving the players forward meanwhile the ball goes back to Coady over and over again.

Yeah I said to my mate,it looks like they are ignoring him.NOT GOOD. :mad: Any increase in season tickets should be paid by them after that showing.I'd have bin sacked if I'd put the same effort into my job.( That's mowing the lawn now. :tonguewink: )I'm hoping Bruno has given them 2 days off to think about their performance and of a way of saying sorry to the fans who pay good money,and want to see at least a bit of effort.

Sorry guys,Rant now over.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

I watched the extended highlights and even on that you can see players jogging back. The third goal Jonny is jogging back to cover. Their full back ran the length of the pitch with no one running with him, and the 6 players in the box did nothing to block Bissouma's shot.
The defence is normally rock solid in those situations and the highlights i saw didn't reflect that at all. When Jonny, who has been a model pro here is doing that something is wrong.
Let's give some credit to Brighton who obviously had a game plan (and it worked like a charm for them) but it looked like the team gave up after the penalty, which is unforgivable.
I'm sure the players know they have been bad (Neto's piece on Wolves TV), but it's why they have been bad. We will not know for sure despite the supposed "ITK" posts.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

That picture doesn't mean anything. It could have been from when they all had a break a few weeks back.
This kind of stuff doesn't help anyone.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really good point. I completely agree about performances since lockdown being 'ugly', however with the notable exception of the first three matches this season when, despite losing all three, most were raving about Bruno ball. Since then, we've reverted to type for the most part and even when getting positive results, the performances have been meh at best.
Perhaps the players said 'told ya so' after the first three matches and Bruno folded.

Nuno had these same players play 4 at the back at home to Albion. They gave that one away, too. Had to revert to a back 3 before they started playing again.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Weird isn’t it that Bruno is on the sidelines waving the players forward meanwhile the ball goes back to Coady over and over again.

Because there aren't many options to pass it to I'd presume? Not defending the players but it was quite obvious yesterday how easy we are to nullify, because we're so stale and slow.

They marked out our wide players, meaning the only option for our 3 midfielders when receiving it from Coady was to pass a hopeful ball to Hwang and Silva, who tried to run the channels a few times or pass it back then start over again.

I don't know what Lages plan is. Yes they can get it forward faster but to who and for what purpose? At Benfica his style was a pleasure to watch. Fast, technical, lots of movement from the frontline. And the midfielders kept winning the ball back high up the pitch, then quickly recycled play.

We simply can't play like that with the most of the current crop it seems, no matter how much Lage waves his arms...
Is it because they've downed tools or are they simply not capable?
I'm not so sure..

By the way my option would be to see Lage backed to do a wholehearted transition of the team. But I doubt that will happen now..

D

Deleted member drgr12429

What do you expect Bruno holding a copy of todays newspaper?
That's the stupidest answer today.
Anyone can put a picture up to start ****. It happens a lot from people who have their own agenda.
It doesn't help the situation at this time, when "fans" are having a meltdown at us being 8th in the PL. Other teams fans must be having a right old chuckle..

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Because there aren't many options to pass it to I'd presume? Not defending the players but it was quite obvious yesterday how easy we are to nullify, because we're so stale and slow.

They marked out our wide players, meaning the only option for our 3 midfielders when receiving it from Coady was to pass a hopeful ball to Hwang and Silva, who tried to run the channels a few times or pass it back then start over again.

I don't know what Lages plan is. Yes they can get it forward faster but to who and for what purpose? At Benfica his style was a pleasure to watch. Fast, technical, lots of movement from the frontline. And the midfielders kept winning the ball back high up the pitch, then quickly recycled play.

We simply can't play like that with the most of the current crop it seems, no matter how much Lage waves his arms...
I'm not so sure..

By the way my option would be to see Lage backed to do a wholehearted transition of the team. But I doubt that will happen now..
Don't talk sense here! :D

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve followed Ryan on Twitter for years and I don’t remember him ever posting anything like this which is why believe us to be true especially with @top fox wolf backing it up.

Not doubting is (or isn’t) true but not sure what Ryan thinks he is - some sort of official fan who tries to be a journalist. Odd

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not doubting is (or isn’t) true but not sure what Ryan thinks he is - some sort of official fan who tries to be a journalist. Odd

I think he does a lot for Birmingham live (which is mainly reposted from other sites) I don't think he's a journalist like percy or even spiers.... not knocking him there seems to be a fair few backing up what he has said.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he does a lot for Birmingham live (which is mainly reposted from other sites) I don't think he's a journalist like percy or even spiers.... not knocking him there seems to be a fair few backing up what he has said.

Sure

I just find (before this) his approach on twitter odd - seeking status

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
where’s the rumour of podence refusing to play come from?
That, if true, sounds more serious than the Jimenez Jonny alleged bust up.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's the stupidest answer today.
Anyone can put a picture up to start ****. It happens a lot from people who have their own agenda.
It doesn't help the situation at this time, when "fans" are having a meltdown at us being 8th in the PL. Other teams fans must be having a right old chuckle..
Why bother asking to see the photo then if you’re only going to say it’s rubbish?

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score

I'm not so sure..

Can't agree entirely with that, first half I paid particular attention to what Silva and Hwang were doing, they continually made runs into space but those behind them either dawdling on the ball or simply not even looking forward to play the pass. They were clear open options but the mentality isn't there to make those passes.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Why bother asking to see the photo then if you’re only going to say it’s rubbish?
Probably because i wanted to see the picture. It's a std thing asking to see it if you want to look. Sorry my comments on it didn't meet your approval.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Can't agree entirely with that, first half I paid particular attention to what Silva and Hwang were doing, they continually made runs into space but those behind them either dawdling on the ball or simply not even looking forward to play the pass. They were clear open options but the mentality isn't there to make those passes.
Or the rest of the players don't trust them to do anything with the ball so they won't make the pass? The pass to Silva when he could have just hit it, but he waited till he got tackled then dropped his lip. I wouldn't pass to him to be honest. Rather shoot myself or pass it sideways.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Or the rest of the players don't trust them to do anything with the ball so they won't make the pass?
Maybe, but it's not like they ever make those passes to lose that trust. If a pass does goes in it's usually way later once the space has been closed down and hard for them to really do much. Plus all they do if they don't make the pass is lose possession in a worse place on the field anyway!

SB_Upper

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Unless there's something wrong with my feed, there's nothing on twitter from Spiers on today's game whatsoever, not sure I've seen that before.

Everything just feels so upside down!
It was his birthday yesterday in fairness (apologies if this has already been answered)

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Stuff like this usually heralds an end. Player power is everything these days.

Doesn't sit well with me at all.
Nor me! Surely we had enough of warring players like those who put us into the 1st Division not a million years ago?
Such events are like a cancer and all the good changes we have enjoyed in recent years could be washed away by a few
selfish dipsticks. IF the rumours have substance then imho the players responsible should be removed, regardless of who
they are.

JaseWWFC

Reaction score
At one point yesterday Tony Roberts was trying to give Jonny instructions on the half way line but he didnt look one bit interested and carried on standing there as Tony stormed back to the dugout.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At one point yesterday Tony Roberts was trying to give Jonny instructions on the half way line but he didnt look one bit interested and carried on standing there as Tony stormed back to the dugout.

I noticed that too. Looks a very unhappy camp to me.

Back
Top Bottom