Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Burnley

UEAwolf

Reaction score
Brexit central isn’t it? Cheerio! No tears lost

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The fact that Burnley were up for 6 straight years and even got Europe was remarkable.

They will find it tough back down there but I hope my friend - whose Burnley's EDI Lead still has a job!

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They've had a very good run for the minimal resources they have invested.

The disappointment of their relegation for me is we had the chance to get some big names out of the league in their place and to thereby consolidate our status in the division. Leeds were insanely lucky to survive, given the amount of goals they have shipped and how often they only clawed together points with last minute scrambles.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sean Dyche worked miracles....it was always going to end at some point....I like Burnley in some ways as we go way back a long way with them....But in reality they were stinking the league out...not spending and all the games they were involved in were atrocious.....

Have they got a few players who might help us short-term.....would Charlie Taylor be ok for a short term replacement for marcal.....Maxwell Cornet, hasn't he got a release clause ....(17.5m)....give em Giles if they want or Sanderson...

Last edited:

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Felt Everton should of gone be tough for Burnley to bounce back.Had a good run in the top flight but did they really capitalise on it ?

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They have a few very saleable assets.

Pope, McNeil, Cornet, Weghorst

And Tarkowski will be off on a free.

They're going to need to reinvent themselves.

A byproduct of Leeds staying up is that Adama will have a suitor with the capacity and motivation to pay the £30m we want for him.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Still have the feeling whatever three come up this year into the Prem will go back down next year, and the three going down from the Prem this year will win promotion back next year.
Must be some decent odds on that and I still have a bob or two left from Wolves Championship win at 10/1. :)

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still have the feeling whatever three come up this year into the Prem will go back down next year, and the three going down from the Prem this year will win promotion back next year.
Must be some decent odds on that and I still have a bob or two left from Wolves Championship win at 10/1. :)
Agree re: those coming up. Can’t see Fulham or Bournemouth doing much. Forest possibly, but not Huddersfield.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very deep **** financially too apparently.
Yeah the way they were bought, they somehow owed their new owners £65m which wasn't due until 2025, but now they've been relegated they have to pay it straight away. Take away fifty odd million TV money, pay off that debt, lots of players out of contract, and Burnley are in one hell of a hole

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am so relieved they've gone. At least Leeds play interesting football, in spite of how insufferable their fans are.

Burnley are just an awful club, full stop....

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really wanted Leeds to go down after 'that' game. But CBA now and nice to have some big clubs in the Prem.

However it's incredible to have had such a small working class town football club in the Premier league, and not down to just a Billionaire. What a story. It must have felt amazing for their fans.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really wanted Leeds to go down after 'that' game. But CBA now and nice to have some big clubs in the Prem.

However it's incredible to have had such a small working class town football club in the Premier league, and not down to just a Billionaire. What a story. It must have felt amazing for their fans.
Burnley were the team in the late 50s, early 60s but like so many were torpedoed by the end of the minimum wage. Whilst the Dyche football was awful I have a grudging respect for them.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They will be replaced by teams that play better football and will be easier for us to beat.
Whats not to like ?

R

reanswolf

I never share in these thoughts, it could so easily be us next year or soon.

Back
Top Bottom