Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Burnley v Stoke

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Was on the bcc site and just realised these 2 are playing tonight, could obviously do with Burnley losing, but if they dont, then it adds even more importance to Sats match.
Lets hope our players are up for the fight unlike the past 2 encounters with our other relegation rivals!

V

Veins Of Old Gold

Watching this on TV. Mears looks pretty decent at wing back, quite pacey. Text book Stoke goal, long throw from Delap, flick on and Tuncay nutted it in. They look shakey at the back.

Mick is at the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
V

Veins Of Old Gold

Burnley have put the advertising boards close up to the touch line to stop the Delap throw ins! Plenty of empty seats, seems the fair weather fans have given up hope.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Comms:- "Mick McCarthy in the crowd.. not really seeing the true Burnley tonight, A Burnley side set up to play against Stoke which as you no isnt really the way we normally play"

Who do they think they are? $$$$ing Arsenal?

V

Veins Of Old Gold

If anyones Arsenal right now it's Stoke. Taking the $$$$ out of Burnley. Can't get a touch of the ball.

V

Veins Of Old Gold

The relic at the back Alexander is having a stinker. The fans are on their back.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
HT 0-1. Just like watching Wolves - ball spent most of the game up in the air. Burnley are v poor

glasgowwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
HT 0-1. Just like watching Wolves - ball spent most of the game up in the air. Burnley are v poor

Do you actually watch anygames or just spout pre-conceived $$$$$$$$? We do not just hoof it and if you think we do your truly clueless

V

Veins Of Old Gold

Burnley have been trying to play it on the floor. Stoke are playing the long ball game. This is a battle of midfield and Burnley are being out played. They look sloppy with their passes. Patterson missed a decent chance from 6 yards out, scuffed it.

Stoke have got this in the bag.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reading winning 2-1 but have just missed a penalty. Long failing to beat Derby keeper Robbie Savage by shooting over the bar.

V

Veins Of Old Gold

Commentator has just said Stoke have the worst record for throwing leads away this season. Thrown away 17 points this season :O

V

Veins Of Old Gold

Fantastic cross in from Patterson and bullet header from nugget.

Just after Stoke were unlucky not to make it 2.

V

Veins Of Old Gold

Pattersons causing problems down the right. Brilliant swirling ball in and Sorensen spilled it in the 6 yard box. Cleared to safety eventually. Stoke looking uneasy now.

O

OldWolvesfart

Your'e not really saying that we're a passing side are you?!

I must have missed the ant-northnorfolkwolf threads but I have to say we do tend to pump the ball up in the air a bit aimlessly especially from our defenders.

glasgowwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Your'e not really saying that we're a passing side are you?!

Of course not, all hoof it sides score with an 18 pass move.....
Then Our chances V Chelsea and Man Utd were all caused through hoofing it.
Our 2 hit the posts V Bolton were all as a result of hoofing it.

We play a mixture sometimes we hoof it sometimes we pass it. it's what every good team does, and we are a good team, we are 2 or 3 starting players from being a Upper mid table team. Could do with a bit more srtength in depth.

glasgowwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I disagree with Norfolk, but please...

quality forward to play with Doyle
Left Back, Both starters.

Wide players as squad players another forward as a squad player 1 who can come on and score, affect the game. Left Back, and right back as squad players
It's about all we are short of. Put those in the team / squad and we would be 10 - 12

O

OldWolvesfart

It's a tight game now, Stoke have Tuncay we have Doyle cane we do better?

D

Denmead Wolf

Stoke look happy for the draw.

That'd do me as well. As much as I would love a Stoke last minute winner, I also think that could give them a do or die attitude on Saurday and be more up for it than us.

A draw keeps us out the bottom 3, but still 20 left I take it?

Back
Top Bottom