Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno Lage

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps--can't argue the goal stats, but Jesus played for ManCity, the most attacking side in the world arguably and Arsenal was a more attacking side...our system and defenders we're just not made to score many goals. Put any of those players in our system with our (slow) defenders/midfielders, working in isolation, let's see them disappear real quickly (see Jota, Diogo for example).

Talent for talent, formation and injuries aside, I think our four are pretty creative, talented players.

Raul (when healthy mentally and I think he will be this year) is better all around than Jesus; Jesus has quicker feet and maybe more clinical, but Raul has better hold up play, heading, and defending.

Neto is better than Martinelli, in my opinion. Quicker, more direct, and a better defender.

MGW and Saka--okay, Saka is better--quicker and better in-close ball skills. But MGW is more direct, let's see what he can do.

Podence versus Odegaard--Podence is much more creative and trickier player in the box; Odegaard more physical and has a good deadball delivery. But, in the box, I would take our Danny Podence all day.
I'd put Neto against Saka. For me they are the best of the bunch. I think Neto would win, but you have to bear in my mind he has been out injured for a year while Saka has been improving all the time.

Podence to me is one of the most overrated players we have ever had. There is a lot of talent there and yeah he is great around the box and tricky and all that, but not very good in the first two thirds of the field and for all his trickery, more often than not he tries to overcomplicate things, which is a shame. Martinelli is more than decent. 6 goals last year is about the same as Podence's career best at Olympiakos.
MGW or Odegaard i think Odegaard wins. Or do you guys think he's as good now?
Raul vs Jesus...Raul pre head injury would win for me. Raul post head injury doesn't come close.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who is interviewing Lage on that video. Sounds like Vinny. If it is, its obviously a very stage managed interview.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Perhaps--can't argue the goal stats, but Jesus played for ManCity, the most attacking side in the world arguably and Arsenal was a more attacking side...our system and defenders we're just not made to score many goals. Put any of those players in our system with our (slow) defenders/midfielders, working in isolation, let's see them disappear real quickly (see Jota, Diogo for example).

Talent for talent, formation and injuries aside, I think our four are pretty creative, talented players.

Raul (when healthy mentally and I think he will be this year) is better all around than Jesus; Jesus has quicker feet and maybe more clinical, but Raul has better hold up play, heading, and defending.

Neto is better than Martinelli, in my opinion. Quicker, more direct, and a better defender.

MGW and Saka--okay, Saka is better--quicker and better in-close ball skills. But MGW is more direct, let's see what he can do.

Podence versus Odegaard--Podence is much more creative and trickier player in the box; Odegaard more physical and has a good deadball delivery. But, in the box, I would take our Danny Podence all day.
Sorry but this is absolutely mental.

Jesus is absolutely miles better than Raul at this point and even at Raul's best probably always was.

Saka is the best player mentioned there and is a long way ahead of Neto at the moment. He has a better football brain which Pedro needs to develop - still too head down and dribble. Odegaard had more goals+assists last year than Podence does in 3 with us. 11 in 27 games.

Neto is better than Martinelli, I am a big MGW fan but he isn't proven it yet.

They also have Smith-Rowe who is excellent prospect and Viera can play in there as well who is very highly rated.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Walked straight down the tunnel at the end and didn’t acknowledge the fans who sounded great from where I was.

Poor show. **** off.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 7862Bler

Walked straight down the tunnel at the end and didn’t acknowledge the fans who sounded great from where I was.

Poor show. **** off.
I was pretty disappointed that Lage and most of the players disappeared straight down the tunnel.
Neves, Collins, Coady, Boly, Neto, MGW did acknowledge fans.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fulham game is massive for him, I assume we'll lose to Spurs and if we were to lose both then it would be Played 17, Won 3, Drawn 2 and Lost 12. I think the issues are above Bruno but not sure how any manager can continue to survive on such a run?

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fulham game is massive for him, I assume we'll lose to Spurs and if we were to lose both then it would be Played 17, Won 3, Drawn 2 and Lost 12. I think the issues are above Bruno but not sure how any manager can continue to survive on such a run?
It’s not massive for him

**** off

It’s massive for fosun . Absolute disgrace people are questioning Bruno.

Get some brain cells ffs

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well it is because he'll become the scapegoat among those who think FOSUN can do no wrong. There's quite a few of those on this forum.

No matter what I think about Bruno, that run of form speaks for itself too. Not sustainable.

To think that run of form is down to him is absolutely laughable .

Loaned out traore
Loaned out Silva

Failed to sign a substitute cm
Failed to sign a striker

Defeat is 100% on fosun and I will be the first in calling for them to go at Fulham home when we lose 2-0

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well it is because he'll become the scapegoat among those who think FOSUN can do no wrong. There's quite a few of those on this forum.

No matter what I think about Bruno, that run of form speaks for itself too. Not sustainable.

We were in league one once upon a time you know stop being so ungrateful ;)

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To think that run of form is down to him is absolutely laughable .

Loaned out traore
Loaned out Silva

Failed to sign a substitute cm
Failed to sign a striker

Defeat is 100% on fosun and I will be the first in calling for them to go at Fulham home when we lose 2-0
Never said it was down to him, I'm just questioning what will happen if our struggles continue. I'd like him to be given the proper backing and succeed but that's looking more unlikely by the week.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s not massive for him

**** off

Get some brain cells ffs
Why? What has he achieved here?
Nothing.
I don't think he will even when we sign players. We'll still be overplaying, struggling to break down teams.
If we signed Batashiyi or Benteke three weeks ago or both. I still don't think we'd win.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why? What has he achieved here?
Nothing.
I don't think he will even when we sign players. We'll still be overplaying, struggling to break down teams.
If we signed Batashiyi or Benteke three weeks ago or both. I still don't think we'd win.
Name the signings we have made for him

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never said it was down to him, I'm just questioning what will happen if our struggles continue. I'd like him to be given the proper backing and succeed but that's looking more unlikely by the week.

“Big game for him”

It isn’t . It’s a HUGE game for fosun

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Name the signings we have made for him
Is he the best man we could get for the job is the only question we should be asking. I still don't think he is, and I don't get the love for him tbh. I'd rather we got someone else in and backed them.
Maybe move Sellars on while we are at it.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s not massive for him

**** off

Get some brain cells ffs

This! Ever since he has walked into this club not once has he been managing this team without his hands tied behind his back.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is he the best man we could get for the job is the only question we should be asking. I still don't think he is, and I don't get the love for him tbh. I'd rather we got someone else in and backed them.
Maybe move Sellars on while we are at it.

Absolute drivel

What manager would do well with 10 first team players?

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolute drivel

What manager would do well with 10 first team players?

Mate, it isn't just based on today. The end of last season was a disgrace the way our form fell off a cliff. I would have pulled the trigger then.

A bigger name could perhaps attract better players. There aren't a hell of a lot of reasons to come and play here now.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whether he's the best man for the job or whether he's going a good job is lage-ly irrelevant. He's got his hands tied behind his back and is now being gagged. He should stick two fingers up at the Chinese Penfield, but he won't

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mate, it isn't just based on today. The end of last season was a disgrace the way our form fell off a cliff. I would have pulled the trigger then.

A bigger name could perhaps attract better players. There aren't a hell of a lot of reasons to come and play here now.

So what signings did he get last summer????

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You know, I am prominent that he is not the guy, but he is being strung out by fosun.

Fosun out.

But this is why he’s the manager. I’ve said this since his appointment. He’s a manager who is pretty lucky to be managing in the PL, he knows that, Fosun know that. It works for both parties. He won’t call them out publicly.

For the most part last season I was relatively happy with Lage, so I have no agenda against him. That said, Fulham game is already looking massive for both him and Wolves’ near term future.

I remain convinced Nuno walked. Took one look at what Fosun had lined up and said “thanks, but no thanks from here” and an amicable line is agreed between him and the club. In comes another from the Mendes book, this time Jorge’s brief was: find someone who can work with youngsters, and won’t cause too much commotion.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hasn't Bruno only been given Hwang and Collins in three windows thus far? Or am i missing somebody. And please, no ****er better say Mosquera or any other kid.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

But this is why he’s the manager. I’ve said this since his appointment. He’s a manager who is pretty lucky to be managing in the PL, he knows that, Fosun know that. It works for both parties. He won’t call them out publicly.

For the most part last season I was relatively happy with Lage, so I have no agenda against him. That said, Fulham game is already looking massive for both him and Wolves’ near term future.

I remain convinced Nuno walked. Took one look at what Fosun had lined up and said “thanks, but no thanks from here” and an amicable line is agreed between him and the club. In comes another from the Mendes book, this time Jorge’s brief was: find someone who can work with youngsters, and won’t cause too much commotion.
Nuno didn't walk, he was expecting to stay on but when they gave him the nudge he was not heartbroken from what I was told by someone who deals with the financial department. Think he was worn down and felt it was good move for both parties.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hasn't Bruno only been given Hwang and Collins in three windows thus far? Or am i missing somebody. And please, no ****er better say Mosquera or any other kid.

Sa aswell (not that it makes it any better, just think that's the one missing?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has been totally let down by those in charge. We had a better and more varied bench in league one than today! Sellars and Shi out!

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“Big game for him”

It isn’t . It’s a HUGE game for fosun

So in your view whats more likely to happen......
We continue to lose, Fosun sell up but new owners keep Bruno on, OR....
We continue to lose and Fosun sack Bruno?

Its not blaming Bruno but we all know ( besides you) he will be the scapegoat.

So yes I think the next few games will determine Bruno's future.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Task for the Lage fans who refuse to lay any blame at his door, name PL managers/head coaches that are worse, you'll do well to get five
Lampard Silva Marsch Gerrard Parker Cooper Howe Vieira Arteta Hassenhuttl

Probably put him in the same tier as Rodgers, Potter, Frank, Moyes, Ten Hag, behind the big boys.

Maybe give him a squad that doesn’t have a full bench of U23’s and the right players for his preferred system rather than judging him based on last year which was very clearly damage limitation. A reminder he had us pushing Europe at the turn of the year, despite playing with a squad that looked finished under Nuno, and very little backing in the previous transfer window.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Name ten worse managers, you can name the ten that finished below him if you want but you'll look a ****ing idiot

This is one of the most bizarre stances I have seen I reckon. So what are you basing this idiotic view on? How about how many managers in the prem have won league titles?

Back
Top Bottom