Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno Lage

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I always chuckle when I recall those rumours of Zenga jetting back off home to Dubai straight after a match and then leaving the Monday training sessions with his staff to deal with.
There was actually an occasion in which he left training with Danny Batth.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s not one player back yet who’s future needs sorting. Anyone who has played in the summer isn’t back for a week

Come on you know thats not true. Bonatini is back for a start. You don't think RAN maybe needs a chat and some reassurance having being linked with a move away? Cundle doesn't need a conversation about how he's going to be used this year?

I get that you want to defend him and thats fine, some of the scorn he gets is uncalled for. But on this point, he should be there, its his job to be there, and its not acceptable to say ah well the medical staff are in charge for a few days i'll turn up when the balls come out.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come on you know thats not true. Bonatini is back for a start. You don't think RAN maybe needs a chat and some reassurance having being linked with a move away? Cundle doesn't need a conversation about how he's going to be used this year?

I get that you want to defend him and thats fine, some of the scorn he gets is uncalled for. But on this point, he should be there, its his job to be there, and its not acceptable to say ah well the medical staff are in charge for a few days i'll turn up when the balls come out.
The point is that doesn’t need to be done in the middle of testing. Let them get that out the way and then do it

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The point is that doesn’t need to be done in the middle of testing. Let them get that out the way and then do it

Not in the middle no, but before, after, in a break etc. It just doesn't set a good example or message if he's not there in my view. I can't think of one successful manager/head coach who wouldn't be there not just on the first day back, but before that. It sends out a message to the players of whats expected of them.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not in the middle no, but before, after, in a break etc. It just doesn't set a good example or message if he's not there in my view. I can't think of one successful manager/head coach who wouldn't be there not just on the first day back, but before that. It sends out a message to the players of whats expected of them.
I think you’d be suprised im sure none of them go back until the medical testing is done, it’s fairly standard practice.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ten Hag is there this week and had all players in for 9am, for whatever that's worth...

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't think of one successful manager/head coach who wouldn't be there not just on the first day back, but before that.

How on earth do you know when each successful manager/head coach first turns up? Or are you just guessing?

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First day back training and the manager is still on holiday? That doesn't make sense.
The post on the pub rumour thread that he was going to be sacked but the replacement fell through, that was interesting imo.
I find it hard to believe he wasn't sacked after the shambles of the last 3 months of the season
Don’t think they could have sacked him given how they didn’t give him the players he needed to change the style of football or bolster the first XI.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All this is a moot point if Bruno arrives in a few days.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why does he need to look over the sports scientists shoulder on something I imagine he knows very little about.

Because the fact that they've completely separated the department from the managers control post-Nuno is lost on some people.

I remember people giving him stick around this time last summer for not visiting every hotel in Wolverhampton to scout out a new pre-match venue FFS.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because the fact that they've completely separated the department from the managers control post-Nuno is lost on some people.

I remember people giving him stick around this time last summer for not visiting every hotel in Wolverhampton to scout out a new pre-match venue FFS.
The same posters probably think pre season involves running up hills with a bin bag on under a jersey to “get a sweat on”

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even the quickest of glances shows that Ten Hag, Moyes, Rodgers, Viera etc are all there this week leading pre-season, but do carry on mate.
Because they’re back in training after the tests have been carried out, ours haven’t.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't disagree. To me its a trait of leadership.

I always chuckle when I recall those rumours of Zenga jetting back off home to Dubai straight after a match and then leaving the Monday training sessions with his staff to deal with.

Worse part is it's not completely made up. Zenga was a fraud and no idea why it took so long to get rid

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just sets the impression I tend to get about the club at the moment with Bruno not even in the country. Ruder less.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why does he need to look over the sports scientists shoulder on something I imagine he knows very little about.

He doesnt but it would be nice for him to be back at the club getting on with things such as speaking to players like Sanderson, Jordao etc face to face and arranging urgent face to face meetings with Sellars and Shi.

Just gives the wrong sort of impression to me that it all appear a bit ruder less and lacking in leadership. Would be interesting to know who many other head coaches are still on holiday whilst players report back for first day of pre season/ testing.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He doesnt but it would be nice for him to be back at the club getting on with things such as speaking to players like Sanderson, Jordao etc face to face and arranging urgent face to face meetings with Sellars and Shi.

Just gives the wrong sort of impression to me that it all appear a bit ruder less and lacking in leadership. Would be interesting to know who many other head coaches are still on holiday whilst players report back for first day of pre season/ testing.
It won’t be his decision what happens to Sanderson or Jordao. As for face to face meetings, it’s 2022 I’m fairly sure they’ll have given him a laptop to use zoom or teams. He’s probably spoke to Shi and Sellars daily for a week.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It won’t be his decision what happens to Sanderson or Jordao. As for face to face meetings, it’s 2022 I’m fairly sure they’ll have given him a laptop to use zoom or teams. He’s probably spoke to Shi and Sellars daily for a week.
Many of those who felt it was a waste of money sending a club employee to negotiate a multi million transfer, seem to feel it is now essential that our chief coach kicks his heels outside in the corridor whilst some of his is players are checked over. Double standards?

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even the quickest of glances shows that Ten Hag, Moyes, Rodgers, Viera etc are all there this week leading pre-season, but do carry on mate.

I think its fair to surmise, different managers have different approaches. For what's its worth I don't know each managers preference, however Ten Haag is brand new to the club, so that may have a bearing on his appearance. Patrick Viera is in this week, however Palace had their testing days at the back end of last week.

I can see both sides of the discussion and can see decent reasoning behind those who think he should be there from day 1, however testing is over a few days and the players are only there for a period of time and then go home to recover. If I was Bruno who is separated from my wife and kids for x months of the year, I think I'd be making the most of those extra few days too.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Many of those who felt it was a waste of money sending a club employee to negotiate a multi million transfer, seem to feel it is now essential that our chief coach kicks his heels outside in the corridor whilst some of his is players are checked over. Double standards?
Same old faces, same old moans. Some won’t be happy until we’re back in the middle of the championship and it feels like “their club” whatever that soundbite is supposed to mean.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same old faces, same old moans. Some won’t be happy until we’re back in the middle of the championship and it feels like “their club” whatever that soundbite is supposed to mean.

Same old moans by you as well and over the top digs about those that dare have a critical view point.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe we should approach Roma?
Pay half of Jose's wages and he can job share via zoom.?

Back
Top Bottom