Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno Lage

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just assuming that Lage is fired.....
I do wonder how the Fosun relationship with Mendes is holding up with what would be 2 of his managerial clients now disposed of?
Ultimately Jorge is solely interested in making money for himself and his clients, but I really do wonder what he thinks of it all and whether Shi is testing his patience?

Remember that Fosun own 20% of his business.

Ultimately Jorge is making money for his shareholders too, who Jeff works for.

It has to work both ways. For his other player clients to achieve their potential, the manager has to be doing the right things.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just assuming that Lage is fired.....
I do wonder how the Fosun relationship with Mendes is holding up with what would be 2 of his managerial clients now disposed of?
Ultimately Jorge is solely interested in making money for himself and his clients, but I really do wonder what he thinks of it all and whether Shi is testing his patience?
I'm sure that Guo could remind him of a certain 15+% holding.....

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We really are a mess at the moment, possibly started when Dalrymple left, but with Sellars and Shi calling the shots both on and off the pitch it's very worrying times. Sellars has no management experience so how he can have the final say on incoming and outgoings is beyond me
Did the widely respected Dan Ashworth have any management experience?

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Someone has asked Alex further down if he is referring to a specific meeting. He has replied to say this meeting will happen, as it will across all clubs as an end of year debrief.

So I don't think he is referring to a specific meeting!

Just that when this meeting does happen, it will be interesting given the Ruddy stuff etc.
So no news at all really? Just another opinionated tweet based on stuff we already knew?

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lot of folk saying we're a mess right now

For the vast majority of my 37 years going to Molineux I've dreamt of messes like this

How quickly we forget...

agreed

we're 72hrs into the close season and people who live in imaginary twitterverse are doing somersaults about what might be happening, or not.... look at MGW's shoelaces OMG!!!! Oh no podence has liked a instagram post from the kardashians so he's obviously off to coventry for 57p and a bag of conkers!!! Oh no oh my god FFS jeff boo moxley out, why do we support this club, right i'm making a banner and demanding my season ticket back for next 10 years. Not even gonna discuss Scott Sellars' unruly barnett FFS angry face emoji

has JOS said we're desperately threadbare in midfield yet?

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Ruddy thing might also be a sprat to catch a mackerel. We are said to be competing with some very big clubs for one of the best young goalkeeping talents in the world.

If the competition for Slonina is as fierce as suggested and we are trying to sign him as backup/competition for the first team, what sort of message does extending your backup goalkeeper's contract send?

He might just think everything we are telling him about progression is bull****.

But, if we release our backup keeper....

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It would be odd to make the non-renewal of contract of a 35 year reserve goalkeeper the final hill to die on. No disrespect to Ruddy but as football decisions go it doesn’t take the brains of an Archbishop to work out why we may not have renewed his contract, it’s football.

In my experience if Bruno follows his normal modus operandi at the end of season debrief of blaming everyone else he may be writing his own P45. Senior management don’t take it well when you don’t take responsibility when explaining why things have gone wrong.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It would be odd to make the non-renewal of contract of a 35 year reserve goalkeeper the final hill to die on. No disrespect to Ruddy but as football decisions go it doesn’t take the brains of an Archbishop to work out why we may not have renewed his contract, it’s football.

In my experience if Bruno follows his normal modus operandi at the end of season debrief of blaming everyone else he may be writing his own P45. Senior management don’t take it well when you don’t take responsibility when explaining why things have gone wrong.

Depends on where he goes with it, oh to be a fly on the wall.

Its all guess work

Id hope he pushes what he wants, how many players in each position, who his key signings are, with facts analysis etc from scouting coaches.

If he asks and show the balls and they say no, you might be right. Writing on the wall and a booting out.

Seems all they want is a yes man ie shi and sellars

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It seems a long time ago when Jeff was buying us beers before the Wigan game - how times have changed

Was seeing on the news last night the end of year awards dinner for Liverpool. For some reason our club appear to have scrapped this. Majority of other Premier League clubs have them again now after Covid restrictions bit seems our club arent bothered. Appears a real disconnect between the club and the fans now which didnt feel the case a couple of years back.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

Seems since the last 18 months of Nuno and the last season of Bruno is stay in the league, don’t back the manager, the performances suffer, blame the manager, sack the manager (possibly) then will it be repeated?

Only constant has been Jeff and the players and the players seem to have gotten away with any blame whatsoever. Even Fergie used to say a squad needs refreshing every 3-4 seasons to keep improving and to stop it going stale.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Depends on where he goes with it, oh to be a fly on the wall.

Its all guess work

Id hope he pushes what he wants, how many players in each position, who his key signings are, with facts analysis etc from scouting coaches.

If he asks and show the balls and they say no, you might be right. Writing on the wall and a booting out.

Seems all they want is a yes man ie shi and sellars

One worry is that the interested of the club, Shi (and therefore Sellars by default) and Mendes won't particularly align with Lage, or any ambitious manager who wants to try and push on.

Take Fabio Silva as an example. He's our record signing and he's getting better overall, but he's regressed this season in terms of goalscoring. How much of his overall progression has been down to just being a year older and how much is down to Lage's coaching?

Lage is said to want a target man and he wants MGW as part of his squad next season. With Raul perhaps still here, where does that leave Fabio with more competition for positions as both a striker or a second striker? More involvement, or less involvement next season?

I can't imagine that any scenario where the progression of our record signing and poster boy for the future is compromised, will go down well.

Lage has a similar background to Mourinho. He seems to prioritise the here and now over the future in a similar way. He seems to have a very similar approach of you're either with him, or against his methods. Like Mourinho, Lage will probably have a limited cycle of effectiveness in any role he takes on, us included.

On the other hand, the other members of our leadership team seem to prioritise the future over the here and now.

Two completely different approaches, where a middle ground would be ideal. It's whether they can find that middle ground that's important and could end up being the sticking point.

NothingButNeto

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Someone has asked Alex further down if he is referring to a specific meeting. He has replied to say this meeting will happen, as it will across all clubs as an end of year debrief.

So I don't think he is referring to a specific meeting!

Just that when this meeting does happen, it will be interesting given the Ruddy stuff etc.
Yes, that was me. Doesn't seem like this guy has any actual knowledge and is just spewing opinions. He just happens to have a blue check so people latched on thinking something was up.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was seeing on the news last night the end of year awards dinner for Liverpool. For some reason our club appear to have scrapped this. Majority of other Premier League clubs have them again now after Covid restrictions bit seems our club arent bothered. Appears a real disconnect between the club and the fans now which didnt feel the case a couple of years back.

If we did/do have one, people will just moan about the prices of it or why are we having one as we've got nothing to really celebrate have we.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One worry is that the interested of the club, Shi (and therefore Sellars by default) and Mendes won't particularly align with Lage, or any ambitious manager who wants to try and push on.

Take Fabio Silva as an example. He's our record signing and he's getting better overall, but he's regressed this season in terms of goalscoring. How much of his overall progression has been down to just being a year older and how much is down to Lage's coaching?

Lage is said to want a target man and he wants MGW as part of his squad next season. With Raul perhaps still here, where does that leave Fabio with more competition for positions as both a striker or a second striker? More involvement, or less involvement next season?

I can't imagine that any scenario where the progression of our record signing and poster boy for the future is compromised, will go down well.

Lage has a similar background to Mourinho. He seems to prioritise the here and now over the future in a similar way. He seems to have a very similar approach of you're either with him, or against his methods. Like Mourinho, Lage will probably have a limited cycle of effectiveness in any role he takes on, us included.

On the other hand, the other members of our leadership team seem to prioritise the future over the here and now.

Two completely different approaches, where a middle ground would be ideal. It's whether they can find that middle ground that's important and could end up being the sticking point.
We also forget that in his only managerial role he was managing Benfica where the here and now is the most important thing, if you don’t win or compete closely for the league you’re toast. They are also one of the big 3 in Portugal so whilst they can’t compete with the likes of PSG, City etc they have the pick of the players willing to play in Portugal. Nuno’s managerial experience has been with clubs who were seeking to establish or re-establish (Valencia) themselves, it takes a different mindset and probably a longer term perspective as you cannot always get the best players you want or the keep all of your players. It’s a new experience for him but his pronouncements suggest that he is still in Benfica mode, it won’t fit.

Clipboard

Reaction score
Are we going to get another Ask Wolves with a managerial vacancy disclaimer? Someone said its been 3 weeks now since they recorded it. Must be borderline out of date even now (regardless of Bruno situation).

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The biggest issue at the moment is that all this talk about Lage is deflecting from the priority of getting the squad sorted for next season.

Yes, we need to know who the manager will be before that happens, but that's why it is so crucial they either back or sack NOW!

My worry is that this will drag on and on, while our competition steal a march on us in terms of recruitment.

If that does happen, at best, it's incompetency. At worst, it's a deliberate way of supressing our summer spend by blaming it on the head coach situation ("we would have spent more, had we had the manager in place sooner").

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Feel he is going now

He wanted ruddy to stay yea, the ruddy who fans have slated etc.

Now I'm sure ruddy wants a bit more on his contract for bench sitting, something the club isn't willing to match plus we gave other keepers coming through. So it's the correct decision if this of the case
I agree. John was great and now he just basically sits on the bench all season . How old is he now? Its probably not worth it.

top fox wolf

Reaction score
I agree. John was great and now he just basically sits on the bench all season . How old is he now? Its probably not worth it.
For pitys sake Jeff what's happening at the club if you read this forum which I believe you do START TALKING TO THE FAN'S. like you used to do or have your horns been pulled back in by foson.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The biggest issue at the moment is that all this talk about Lage is deflecting from the priority of getting the squad sorted for next season.

Yes, we need to know who the manager will be before that happens, but that's why it is so crucial they either back or sack NOW!

My worry is that this will drag on and on, while our competition steal a march on us in terms of recruitment.

If that does happen, at best, it's incompetency. At worst, it's a deliberate way of supressing our summer spend by blaming it on the head coach situation ("we would have spent more, had we had the manager in place sooner").
I don't think there is any fear of that mate, when our recruitment has been an absolute ****show for two years.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any candidates we should be recommending to Shi? See below for some ideas besides Lopetegui.

Quite like the look of the lad from Granada, Martinez, Fonseca as well. If Scott Cooper isn’t promoted with Forest I’d look at him as well. I also believe there was a rumour we were looking at the Rennes coach although the last twice we’ve poached an inwork manager it hasn’t gone well.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really isn't a good look at how all this is coming out in the press.

Forget Bruno in this instance, what high quality manager will want to come & work where he's not backed?

Which is exactly why I'm terrified of the direction we're heading in, whether he goes or not. Those hoping for Lopetegui were in cloud cuckoo land.. should Bruno leave it will be a cheap no mark Jeff Shi puppet.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Which is exactly why I'm terrified of the direction we're heading in, whether he goes or not. Those hoping for Lopetegui were in cloud cuckoo land.. should Bruno leave it will be a cheap no mark Jeff Shi puppet.
The yes man

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lot of folk saying we're a mess right now

For the vast majority of my 37 years going to Molineux I've dreamt of messes like this

How quickly we forget...
Not sure how that's at all relevant apart from potentially excusing the actions of the current management who could well undo all the hard work and progress the club has made over the past few years.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What mess, I’d rather keep Bruno but if the hierarchy ain’t happy and Bruno ain’t happy. Then maybe it’s best we let him walk….

After all Nuno could come back and carry on the 5 at the back which is progress or a steady ship you decide.

A messy situation and Jeff Shi & Scott Sellars have to take some blame here they obviously promised him a pack of lies!!

Back
Top Bottom