Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno Lage

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've got a feeling he's staying. Given how quickly ruddy's been given the elbow, they seem prepared to act quickly with the one's they want gone.
He needs desperately to get off to a good start next season if he does stay. Anything like the last third of this season means a full on relegation battle..... and l have zero faith in his ability to deal with difficulties.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he is staying given the recent run of form perhaps he is worth a little faith if higher management believes in him. I would have preferred for him to be replaced but if he is still in place at the start of the season I will get behind him.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he is staying given the recent run of form perhaps he is worth a little faith if higher management believes in him. I would have preferred for him to be replaced but if he is still in place at the start of the season I will get behind him.
Problem is that I have even less faith in 'higher management ' than I have in Lage. It's the blind leading the blind

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Problem is that I have even less faith in 'higher management ' than I have in Lage. It's the blind leading the blind
harsh but fair!
It has been a frustrating three months watching Lage behave like a windmill waving his arms frantically from the touchline , while players in old gold shirts appeared to be doing as they liked. Yes, the results and the performances have by and Lage (PUN INTENDED) been rotten since Febraury , but at least they got to 40 points before putting on their beach shoes. Our recruitment has been generally rancid for the last three or four windows and that really needs to change in the coming 8 weeks if we are to have a strong enough pre season . We need 4 or 5 in.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They didn’t sack Lambert until May 30th. They also may not have wanted to detract from the U23s last night.

I just hope he goes otherwise we’re relegation certainties

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My main issue is that a significant number of our fans seem underwhelmed by him. I think we need to be at full tilt when you go into a new season, or cracks appear. Especially with Neves gone.

Let’s hope Fosun get the recruitment right. Or are they looking at the league and thinking ‘there’ll be at least three teams worse than us’. We know how that ends.

Gulp.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They didn’t sack Lambert until May 30th. They also may not have wanted to detract from the U23s last night.

I just hope he goes otherwise we’re relegation certainties
I hope that you are wrong. I have no faith that you are right

Hrothgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well if he is staying he certainly didnt get his wish with John Ruddy did he? Seems then that the powers that be take very little notice of what he wants.So either he is just a yes man for them or perhaps he is himself soon to be on his way. Not sure any of us want him to stay if the former applies- but then would the same constraint have to apply to any alternative coach they appoint?

AlwaysAwolf

Reaction score
Really worry about next season if he stays. I understand he has not been backed but I see nothing in his tactical philosophy so far here or at Benfica that would suggest he is the man to push us to the next level.
I would go all out for Lopetegui if he is leaving or someone like Marcelino who has left Athletic. With Mendes on our side, Ernesto Valverde might be an option.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have some faith.
This mgt. got us to 7th. twice, an FA semi, a Europa quarter, and in a covid year, 13th. and now 10th.

Plus they brought in Sa, Patricio, Mouthino, Jota, Neves, Neto, Jonny etc……not too shabby at all.
Quite a few internationals in that lot.

Yes we’d luvvvvvv to see Wolves do better and as fans, we tend to be impatient but the mgt. has a decent track record after 5 years.
You don’t run a PL club like this well if, as you say, mgt. is blind.

Do all transfers work out? No! Do players on Bruno’s target list always want to move to Wolverhampton? No!

Wolves have limited revenues and FFP to contend with and Bruno, Jeff etc all understand and have to accept that.
We fans, as hungry as we are for success, also have to accept that.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Have some faith.
This mgt. got us to 7th. twice, an FA semi, a Europa quarter, and in a covid year, 13th. and now 10th.

Plus they brought in Sa, Patricio, Mouthino, Jota, Neves, Neto, Jonny etc……not too shabby at all.

Yes we’d luvvvvvv to see Wolves do better and as fans, we tend to be impatient but the mgt. has a decent track record after 5 years.

Do all transfers work out? No! Do players on Bruno’s target list always want to move to Wolverhampton? No!

Wolves have limited revenues and FFP to contend with and Bruno, Jeff etc all understand and have to accept that.
FFP isn't a constraint but the revenues are for sure

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have some faith.

Not this time. Our European FFP restrictions ran out at the close of this season. No FFP, no covid losses, no excuses. Time for Fosun to pull their fingers out and sort this squad out. If they don't do so and get yet another transfer window wrong, we will be in a relegation scrap next season regardless of who the manager is.

In terms of this thread, the squad rebuild is far more important than changing head coach. No rebuild/cheap kids to replace the likes of Neves = relegation scrap irrespective of the manager.

In terms of your first point, this management got to 7th then threw the towel in, after being in such a great position. I will never, ever understand it. They have undone all the good work of the first two seasons.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not this time. Our European FFP restrictions ran out at the close of this season. No FFP, no covid losses, no excuses. Time for Fosun to pull their fingers out and sort this squad out. If they don't do so and get yet another transfer window wrong, we will be in a relegation scrap next season regardless of who the manager is.

In terms of this thread, the squad rebuild is far more important than changing head coach. No rebuild/cheap kids to replace the likes of Neves = relegation scrap irrespective of the manager.

In terms of your first point, this management got to 7th then threw the towel in, after being in such a great position. I will never, ever understand it. They have undone all the good work of the first two seasons.
Exactly...bonkers.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

This comment ^^^^

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Higher managements "self sufficiency" mantra is top of the agenda.
Keeping us ticking along in the prem is a must in order to be a successful and marketable "brand"
It's clear to see that Fosun are playing a game of balance. How much can we take from this squad and keep us ticking over with minimal input.
That's why they appointed a yes man.
We won't appoint a quality tried and tested coach because higher management are terrified of a decent quality coach outlining exactly what we need in order to push on. They don't want to push on.
The cash injection required is too great and the return is a risk on that investment.
We are in the sweet spot of financial sustainability.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keeping us ticking along in the prem is a must in order to be a successful and marketable "brand"
It's clear to see that Fosun are playing a game of balance. How much can we take from this squad and keep us ticking over with minimal input.
We won't appoint a quality tried and tested coach because higher management are terrified of a decent quality coach outlining exactly what we need in order to push on. They don't want to push on.
The cash injection required is too great and the return is a risk on that investment.
I for one could live with this....if they didn't push the premium price, for a premium product BS.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I for one could live with this....if they didn't push the premium price, for a premium product BS.
I have 3 STs in the BW upper center. My boys have just moved from u17 to u21 price bracket. It has absolutely killed me renewing this season. Hopefully I can relocate into the north or south bank but I've never done this in the years I've been a holder. Not sure how the process works or what chance I have of relocating. We shall see.
An absolute joke sticking the prices up last season by £100 a ticket just for sitting centrally.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have 3 STs in the BW upper center. My boys have just moved from u17 to u21 price bracket. It has absolutely killed me renewing this season. Hopefully I can relocate into the north or south bank but I've never done this in the years I've been a holder. Not sure how the process works or what chance I have of relocating. We shall see.
An absolute joke sticking the prices up last season by £100 a ticket just for sitting centrally.
Only a member myself my friend but my daughter's tickets went from under 12 to under 17 during the season just gone and our memberships have increased again for next season, for the third or fourth consecutive season, so presumably our matchday tickets will do likewise. I'm on the waiting list for a season ticket but will likely refrain from having one if offered and instead reduce the number of games we attend. Thankfully we're not too picky about what games we go to, so shouldn't be a problem.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agree with all that, although in fairness to Bruno, he's come out publicly time and time again all season and made Jeff and co look total idiots by demanding players to be signed, and then proceeding not to back the manager. One thing for sure - they can't afford to do that this time. I reckon Jeff thought he was appointing a yes man, yet Bruno in some ways has been the opposite, publicly showing his displeasure/desperation at wanting new signings.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The relocating window will be after the 8th June .Never done it but I think it's open for a couple of weeks,just before the new season ticket hopefuls have a chance to purchase.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Agree with all that, although in fairness to Bruno, he's come out publicly time and time again all season and made Jeff and co look total idiots by demanding players to be signed, and then proceeding not to back the manager. One thing for sure - they can't afford to do that this time. I reckon Jeff thought he was appointing a yes man, yet Bruno in some ways has been the opposite, publicly showing his displeasure/desperation at wanting new signings.
Agree completely mate. I have no idea wether to be excited for the upcoming window or absolutely terrified that we will end up winging it again.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The relocating window will be after the 8th June .Never done it but I think it's open for a couple of weeks,just before the new season ticket hopefuls have a chance to purchase.
Thanks mate, I can see an option on the ticket site that says relocate. I'm guessing that will pop up on the 8th. I'll give it a go. The kids are grown up now so I think they are ready for the south bank

Sadly we've lost a few of the old boys around us to COVID. Absolutely devastated when we returned to find so many friends had passed.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know a couple who ay renewing from out of the Southbank.Not because they cannot afford it,because they don't like VAR saying it's ruining the game and they are always unsure if they have to celebrate or not. :tonguewink: I suppose they have a point to be honest.BUT me personally wouldn't stop gewin just on that basis.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just reading up on Sellars.

Didn't realise he was convicted of death by dangerous driving in 2013.

Also sacked by City before he joined us.

Only saw him in the flesh once and my skin prickled.

Just do not like the man and what he stands for.

Got 0 credentials for the position he is in just seems like another yes man for Jeff.

The so called committee really does need refreshing in my eyes as they're hampering any real success.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just reading up on Sellars.

Didn't realise he was convicted of death by dangerous driving in 2013.

Also sacked by City before he joined us.

Only saw him in the flesh once and my skin prickled.

Just do not like the man and what he stands for.

Got 0 credentials for the position he is in just seems like another yes man for Jeff.

The so called committee really does need refreshing in my eyes as they're hampering any real

He was convicted of death by careless driver rather than dangerous driving. Huge different although unfortunately the out come for the poor victim is still the same :(

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was convicted of death by careless driver rather than dangerous driving. Huge different although unfortunately the out come for the poor victim is still the same :(
Huh? There is no such offence in the Road Traffic Act 1988 and all of the contemporary media reports say that you are wrong e.g.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Huh? There is no such offence in the Road Traffic Act 1988 and all of the contemporary media reports say that you are wrong e.g.

Law changed around 2007 I believe to include the death even when driving carelessly.

So you are wrong there is an offence called death by careless driving, which Scott sellars has been convicted of

EDIT:- it was 2006. I’m not 100% sure but I believe causing a death while using a hands free phone, eating whilst driving and driving over an advisory speed limit all fall into the new road traffic act of causing death by careless and inconsiderate driving.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Law changed around 2007 I believe to include the death even when driving carelessly.

So you are wrong there is an offence called death by careless driving, which Scott sellars has been convicted of
You are pretty much correct in this post (the offence is "causing death by careless or inconsiderate driving" and became law in 2006) but that is not "death by dangerous driver" which is what you originally posted. In any event Hughes was found guilty of "causing death by dangerous driving" which is still in the legislation as a more serious offence.

I perhaps should mention that l've been involved in drafting legislation albeit never of the traffic variety.

Last edited:

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You are pretty much correct in this post (the offence is "causing death by careless or inconsiderate driving" and became law in 2008) but that is not "death by dangerous driver" which is what you originally posted. In any event Hughes was found guilty of "causing death by dangerous driving" which is still in the legislation as a more serious offence.

I perhaps should mention that l've been involved in drafting legislation albeit never of the traffic variety.

You’ve lost me?

I was never talking about Lee Hughes and I didn’t state that Scott sellers was convicted of death by dangerous driving??

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You’ve lost me?

I was never talking about Lee Hughes and I didn’t state that Scott sellers was convicted of death by dangerous driving??
Think that l misread the original, sorry. Off to bed, still recovering from an operation yesterday. You are correct about the offence that Sellars was convicted of.

Back
Top Bottom