Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno Lage

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I mean he is ****, and he is also our 2nd top scorer. When your options to start with Podence out are Trincao or him - not exactly much choice is there.
Loved that Trincao's last action (I pray) as a Wolves player was to give the ball away, chase Robertson back and then slide and tamely touch it forward for him to attack. Terrible, terrible player

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just a hypothetical question here, to try and get some perspective of reality.

If Pep or Klopp, had managed Wolves this season (exact same players), in what position do you think we’d have finished?
It’s all speculation of course but I firmly believe we’d have created much more scoring chances and therefore more goals and the defence would be wayyyyyyyy tighter.
Passing, possession and throw-ins would be vastly improved.

Position……6 or7th. probably.

Longford Wolf

Reaction score
half time vs Liverpool and even if we win, ( yeah, right ), I have lost patience with Bruno’s coaching. I have no more confidence in him.

Since Xmas, our defence leaks like a sieve……massive holes that you could drive an 18wheeler through.
Bruno has a a full season to drill basic stuff and failed and I hope Jeff can and will find someone better.
You’re ****ed off because Bruno didn’t bring on your man crush. I bet you’re looking at your laminated Podence pictures now with a tissue and a smile.

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No better off tbf as we don’t have the players to do what either manager would want.
And that is, kind of the point I was alluding to. IMO, Bruno has not done too badly with a squad that didn’t have all the attributes he would have liked. He has had to pretty much work with what he was given.

Sure, he got plenty of things wrong but he also got a fair bit right. At the beginning of the season, a lot of people on here were convinced we were in for a relegation battle, yet we never came close.

I think that because we did so much better than expected in the first half of the season, expectations were raised above reality. The capitulation that ensued was definitely down to some bad performances, reality levelling up and also that we had Neto still not up to speed, a frustrated Raul, injury to Podence and Neves, who were both instrumental in our good spell and not enough quality in reserve to replace them from the bench.

All in all, it’s so easy to say we want better, we deserve this, etc but as we all know, Rome wasn’t built in a day and the grass isn’t always greener.

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I feel for him a bit to be honest.

I think there may have been too much damage done to stick with, and I also have a feeling of dread that the problem isn’t actually (at least solely with) Bruno. I have to say, Sellars worries me a bit.

Hoping it just the disappointment of our form giving me doubts.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Although poor form towards the end season. Look at the cards Bruno's been dealt this season. Basically the same team as last year (Nuno's team) that finished 13th. Nobody would have guessed we'd have been pushing for Europe start of season or even in January. Imo Bruno was not backed in January transfer window when he should have been. In fact Shi and Sellars weaken the small Wolves 1st team squad by letting Adama go on loan and not bringing back MGW from loan. So under the circumstances Bruno has to get some credit for finishing in the top 10 of the Premier League. He has to be backed in the summer transfer window for a rebuild by Jeff and Fosun?
It not it's Fosun out for me not Bruno.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hmmm

Some news from friends I have in Liverpool saying he's been given the bullet!!!!!!

Can't see it myself, there's some talk up there apparently

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If it were just Liverpool that would be fine. But it's Burnley, Brighton, Norwich, Leeds, Newcastle, Palace where the season was lost.

And if those games were breaking point for someone, I would understand. But I'm responding to someone whose breaking point was the first 45 minutes of today's game, in which we'd outplayed Liverpool before Neto's injury and then matched them for the rest of the half.

MutchAdo

Reaction score
Today has zero relevance on whether Bruno should stay in the job. I can't honestly believe any Wolves fan expected anything other than a mauling today but I actually thought we played OK. We could have scored four and they couldn't have complained, but given the nature of the day they were always going to throw caution to the wind.

From early February to now though we have been abysmal, we have played some absolute ****e and made them look good, questionable subs, questionable timing of subs, continued reliance on Hwang, throwing players under the bus, talking absolute balls after games... Get him gone for me, he's never taking us forward.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He says he’s disappointed with 10th in his post match interview and then claims he started the season with 14 played which just isn’t true and even if it were why let MGW go out on loan etc. He’s so far out of his depth he makes a deep sea
diver look like their paddling on the shore.

I would not trust him with a rebuild as he doesn’t know what he’s doing. The players have stopped listening to him, if they were they’d have put the effort in previous games than just today. I would also suggest that someone who constantly blames everyone else isn’t in the position to learn anything.

If he stays then we can look forward to 9 months of a Premier League farewell tour.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He says he’s disappointed with 10th in his post match interview and then claims he started the season with 14 played which just isn’t true and even if it were why let MGW go out on loan etc. He’s so far out of his depth he makes a deep sea
diver look like their paddling on the shore.

I would not trust him with a rebuild as he doesn’t know what he’s doing. The players have stopped listening to him, if they were they’d have put the effort in previous games than just today. I would also suggest that someone who constantly blames everyone else isn’t in the position to learn anything.

If he stays then we can look forward to 9 months of a Premier League farewell tour.

Well we started the season with more than 14 players so I havent got a clue what he is going on about. He also rubberstamped players like MGW going as well.

Stourwolf

Reaction score
And if those games were breaking point for someone, I would understand. But I'm responding to someone whose breaking point was the first 45 minutes of today's game, in which we'd outplayed Liverpool before Neto's injury and then matched them for the rest of the half.
Deserved to win today tbh.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trincao, Fabio, Podence or Chiq would have been better, or indeed anyone with the ability to tie thei own boot laces.

Rhos, as I said in other posts. Podence wouldn’t have lasted. Trincao and Chiq would have required a change in formation, which at that time, was working. Fabio is perhaps the one player who could have been better without upsetting the formation, but even then, I think it would likely have pushed Raul to the left and changed things.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Genuinely torn on this one. If he is sacked (and I think he will be), he can argue that he received no significant backing in either transfer window, which meant we had no strength in depth to cope with injuries.

Has made some strange decisions and our metrics over the last 10 games scream relegation but we really haven’t given him the best chance of success.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Genuinely torn on this one. If he is sacked (and I think he will be), he can argue that he received no significant backing in either transfer window, which meant we had no strength in depth to cope with injuries.

Has made some strange decisions and our metrics over the last 10 games scream relegation but we really haven’t given him the best chance of success.
Same. If he is sacked I just hope the new manager isn’t just told to try and get more out of the same group of players. We need severe investment this summer whoever the manager is.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The main reason I am torn is I can see guedes, Rafa Silva, palhinha etc signing for Bruno....he goes we don't nw who we will get....

Rabid Wolf

Reaction score
Same. If he is sacked I just hope the new manager isn’t just told to try and get more out of the same group of players. We need severe investment this summer whoever the manager is.
The thing is a new manager will have alot less to work with than Lage if most of our players are leaving.

Back
Top Bottom