Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno Lage

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the choice is to change formation or bring on an almost completely useless player, then I expect him to change the formation. It's not blasphemy or against the law to adapt tactics due to injuries.

How well did it work, when we were crying out for pace?

Change formation when winning against a team like Liverpool at Anfield when they need to win for the title? You’re having a laugh.

DasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Change formation when winning against a team like Liverpool at Anfield when they need to win for the title? You’re having a laugh.

Because the loss of pace was a major reason in LOSING THE GAME. You are aware it was 3-1 right? And when Neto went off injured, the loss of pace made it way easier for them?

Watch the entire game (again) if you want, then come back.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For those 3 things you mention, why are you not against him staying?
Because stability and consistency is crucial in football and can make a real difference. Then I question just how attractive a prospect is this team currently? Who is available that would be capable of a total rebuil project that is a realistic option for us?
We need strong decision making though. I’d just rather not end up like Watford.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because the loss of pace was a major reason in LOSING THE GAME. You are aware it was 3-1 right? And when Neto went off injured, the loss of pace made it way easier for them?

Watch the entire game (again) if you want, then come back.
Change formation at that time and we could easily have been hammered like against City. Then people like you would be on here attacking Lage for changing formation. You made your mind up before we even kicked a ball.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gotta go- cost us 4.4mill when 8th looked at least nailed on 2 months ago
Can go for me and take ****ing Hwang with him.
If the choice is to change formation or bring on an almost completely useless player, then I expect him to change the formation. It's not blasphemy or against the law to adapt tactics due to injuries.

How well did it work, when we were crying out for pace?
Hope Jeff sacked him in the tunnel at FT
The game today was in the balance Bruno's tactics worked a treat we had a 3 on 1 at 1-1 and could have gone in front twice in the game against the maybe European Champions. Bruno has not been backed yet by Jeff Shi in transfer windows. It's still basically Nuno's team. Lets judge Bruno if given the rebuild with his players in the summer transfer window for next season.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jos I’m not a fan of Hwang, but who else do you bring on that early in the game without changing formation?

Chiquinho or Podence could have played off Raul, Sussex. In fact Podence played off Fabio very well in a few games this season. Hwang was a terrible choice to bring on. You may as well have moved Boly upfront!

Wolves4Life85

Groupie
Reaction score
Lage isn't the problem, goals obviously are. Raul got nothing this season and wingers have been hit and miss. Midfield and defence is where we struggled. Can't rely on Neves, we have been crying for a midfielder who will bring the ball forward and support our attack. Raul being the only one in the box is not going to get us goals esp when we have to try beat him 3/4 times before we make a half ***** attempt to put the ball in. It's been shocking. If we could play like we did tempo wise and shots wise in the first 3 games of the season but have a decent goalscorer we would have definitely been playing European football next season but like we all know, we don't have the players to do that!!

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Yeah his tactics worked, and as Sussex says Podence the only like for like option and he obviously wasn't ready for that much time.
Fabio possibly another but not enough pace to get in behind, Chiq playing back to goal there would have not worked at all, and the idea that Trincao would run in behind would only work if Matip tied his shoelaces together.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chiquinho or Podence could have played off Raul, Sussex. In fact Podence played off Fabio very well in a few games this season. Hwang was a terrible choice to bring on. You may as well have moved Boly upfront!
Podence would be perfect but he is not fit enough to play 70+ mins. Chiq is great but would have pushed Raul to the left where he’s less effective. I think Hwang was very poor today but he was the obvious choice for Neto at that stage of the game. Had it been 70 mins then either Pod or a change in formation would have been fine.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure too many credible managers will want to come in and work under these conditions tbh. They wanted and got a stooge who would put up with the transfer approach and even having a player thrust on him for non-footballing reasons.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The game today was in the balance Bruno's tactics worked a treat we had a 3 on 1 at 1-1 and could have gone in front twice in the game against the maybe European Champions. Bruno has not been backed yet by Jeff Shi in transfer windows. It's still basically Nuno's team. Lets judge Bruno if given the rebuild with his players in the summer transfer window for next season.
Hwang is his favourite I don’t think I’d trust him to bring players in.
Jos I’m not a fan of Hwang, but who else do you bring on that early in the game without changing formation?
Silva

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just a hypothetical question here, to try and get some perspective of reality.

If Pep or Klopp, had managed Wolves this season (exact same players), in what position do you think we’d have finished?

lone_wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I’m judging him more on the losses to leeds, brighton, burnley and newcastle and draw to norwich who shipped 13 goals in 5 games before we faced them. The utter end of season collapse. I’m also concerned he isn’t enough of a draw to bring the right players in or help identify them. Maybe i have ideas above my station, but i’d give someone else a go- at least sound lopetegui out- if he will come give bruno the heave ho.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

Just a hypothetical question here, to try and get some perspective of reality.

If Pep or Klopp, had managed Wolves this season (exact same players), in what position do you think we’d have finished?
No better off tbf as we don’t have the players to do what either manager would want.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Yeah hard to say with Pep & Klopp how they'd adapt to our players.
Klopp a far, far better shout of doing well as he has done it with Mainz and Pep has never not had absolutely world class players and huge piles of cash at every stop

Newportwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Lots calling for Lage and Hwang to go but why do people find it so hard to understand that Hwang is only in the team to sell shirts in Asia…..Lage is obviously being told that Hwang is playing and is therefore the perfect ‘yes’ man so anyone expecting Lage or Hwang to go are going to be very disappointed I think!!

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bringing on Hwang is not Bruno’s decision
That is nonsense. Buying Hwang maybe was a "commercial decision" rather than one based on purely footballing considerations, but playing him is entirely Bruno's decision. Any other interpretation is pure conspiracy fantasy. It does however reflect badly on Bruno's ability to take such decisions.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This stuff is genuinely a load of rubbish. He didn't even start 3 out of the last 4 games ffs.
I hope you are right mate, I just simply cannot comprehend how he plays for a premier league side. Either way, bigger fish to fry these next few weeks.

Reaction score
I wouldn’t trust him to rebuild the team though if he thinks Hwang is good ffs.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lots calling for Lage and Hwang to go but why do people find it so hard to understand that Hwang is only in the team to sell shirts in Asia…..Lage is obviously being told that Hwang is playing and is therefore the perfect ‘yes’ man so anyone expecting Lage or Hwang to go are going to be very disappointed I think!!
That's why it took a match-ending injury to Neto for Hwang to get on the pitch?

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I hope you are right mate, I just simply cannot comprehend how he plays for a premier league side. Either way, bigger fish to fry these next few weeks.
Just not a good player, when you watch the likes of Norwich/Burnley etc they are littered with them. That is his level.

Reaction score
Podence would be perfect but he is not fit enough to play 70+ mins. Chiq is great but would have pushed Raul to the left where he’s less effective. I think Hwang was very poor today but he was the obvious choice for Neto at that stage of the game. Had it been 70 mins then either Pod or a change in formation would have been fine.
Hwang is always **** poor that’s the whole point.

Back
Top Bottom