Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno Lage

D

Deleted member drgr12429

No doubt Bruno is here for next season. A snippet from the Wolves website. Let the crying begin.... :tearsofjoy: Or cheering!
“We have a lot of good players here, they want to continue to work hard and now the hard task for me, as the manager, is to identify which group will stay here, which players will go and to rebuild the next team of Wolves.”

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No doubt Bruno is here for next season. A snippet from the Wolves website. Let the crying begin.... :tearsofjoy: Or cheering!
“We have a lot of good players here, they want to continue to work hard and now the hard task for me, as the manager, is to identify which group will stay here, which players will go and to rebuild the next team of Wolves.”
Surprises me if this analysis has not already been completed.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Which is an excellent point.
Conte did need 2 quality players to make progress though. Until he got Bentancur and Kulusevski in, he spent most of the time moaning that he didn’t have the tools or mentality to make a success of it.
2 world class players in your squad is also a massive boon, takes less magic to build the whole team around Kane and Son.
Good point about Bentancur and Kulusevski in particular. They have both made a big difference to Spurs performances and results since they arrived.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't care whether you thought Kevin Thelwell, Kevin James or Kevin Keegan signed them. Nuno was the gaffer when they came in. Fact
Another fact. Nuno didn't sign them. I can't imagine he rocked up at Compton and said...

"right then fellas, I've had my eyes on these two free transfers from Norwich for a while now, I was gonna take 'em to Porto but I'm here now, so..."

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno was taking us down this season, worst performances since the double relegation. Relegation form from October to May.

Might not be able to see that on ceefax though….
But you could with your crystal ball

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Traore wanted OUT.

The board wanted him to stay…….that’s why they offered him a contract extension.
Why not replace him , with another equivalent value loanee . A £25 million player.
Because not having him here , as an option, at all cannot be a benefit in any way.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have this niggling doubt that Bruno may be flakey .

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why not replace him , with another equivalent value loanee . A £25 million player.
Because not having him here , as an option, at all cannot be a benefit in any way.
Not that easy in a January window.
Maybe they tried to replace him but we seldom if ever learn who we were trying to get in.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Then why did they sack Nuno?

Nuno left/ was sacked because he knew he couldn't get more out of this squad without further investment.....when it became obvious to him that wasn't going to happen he decided it was time to move on and was then thrown under the bus by Shi to save face.

The quotes from Bruno about it being a " busy" summer were also used by Nuno in the days before he left.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno left/ was sacked because he knew he couldn't get more out of this squad without further investment.....when it became obvious to him that wasn't going to happen he decided it was time to move on and was then thrown under the bus by Shi to save face.

The quotes from Bruno about it being a " busy" summer were also used by Nuno in the days before he left.
Nuno was 100 per cent sacked. Reason given internally was poor performance of the team and needed a change.

I hear very very little but this and the Jota news are the only real tidbits I've heard from very reliable folk.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Nuno was taking us down this season, worst performances since the double relegation. Relegation form from October to May.

Might not be able to see that on ceefax though….
So will Bruno next season, we’ve lost 12 of the last 16 games and can’t score for toffee…

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
25 points from our final 25 games last season under Nuno.

That is relegation form, even you can’t deny that.
It's your judgement that that form would have extended over the whole of this season. Fair enough to have that opinion, that doesn't mean you have to insult people's intelligence if they don't agree with you.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's your judgement that that form would have extended over the whole of this season. Fair enough to have that opinion, that doesn't mean you have to insult people's intelligence if they don't agree with you.
Just dealing in facts. I said it’s relegation form, which it is. 25 games is a big chunk of games. Never said it would have extended into the following season and havnt questioned anyones intelligence. Can only assume you’ve mixed me up with someone else.

It was purely to illustrate that this set of players have struggled for results and goals for long periods under 2 managers and it’s the squad that needs changing in my opinion rather than the manager.

Bruno has 31 points from his last 25 and according to some deserves the boot. Nuno got 25 from his last 25 and is brilliant according to the same posters. Baffles me.

Nivada

Reaction score
Who are you talking about man.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was purely to illustrate that this set of players have struggled for results and goals for long periods under 2 managers and it’s the squad that needs changing in my opinion rather than the manager.

Bruno has 31 points from his last 25 and according to some deserves the boot. Nuno got 25 from his last 25 and is brilliant according to the same posters. Baffles me.

That's exactly how it's looking. That we got a lift from the classic "new manager bounce", but in the end, that only goes so far. We might scrape a 1-0 win against Norwich, just like we did against Fulham and Sheff U at end of last season. Not convincing, but just enough to keep all the arguments going: "We'll be fine with a new CH/CM/CF" against "Relegation battle next season unless half the club is sacked ASAP".

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just dealing in facts. I said it’s relegation form, which it is. 25 games is a big chunk of games. Never said it would have extended into the following season and havnt questioned anyones intelligence. Can only assume you’ve mixed me up with someone else.

Find me one single post on here that said Nuno was brilliant last season. Your boy Bruno is losing plot so you start making up things to justify it. People were still willing to back Nuno based on what he had actually achieved here, his connection with the club, the fans and the City. Despite a poor season during a pandemic he still had credit in the bank with a lot of people. Bruno hasnt got that and he hasnt earned it either.

We played poorly last season, and we havent really played a great deal better this season and our performances over the last 15 games or so, regardless of the competition, have just as bad as last season. If he gets the sack he can have no complaints.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Find me one single post on here that said Nuno was brilliant last season. Your boy Bruno is losing plot so you start making up things to justify it. People were still willing to back Nuno based on what he had actually achieved here, his connection with the club, the fans and the City. Despite a poor season during a pandemic he still had credit in the bank with a lot of people. Bruno hasnt got that and he hasnt earned it either.

We played poorly last season, and we havent really played a great deal better this season and our performances over the last 15 games or so, regardless of the competition, have just as bad as last season. If he gets the sack he can have no complaints.

Well done on getting the “your boy Bruno” line in again Muggy, nearly as funny as the Villa fan stuff.

I’m not making things up, some posters who had nervous breakdowns when Nuno got the boot are the same ones wanting Bruno gone. Personally I don’t get it but that’s just my opinion.

I, as usual, disagree with a lot of your post but can’t be ***** to to argue with you again pal.

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

‘Your boy Bruno’ devalues any genuine points your trying to make.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well done on getting the “your boy Bruno” line in again Muggy, nearly as funny as the Villa fan stuff.

I’m not making things up, some posters who had nervous breakdowns when Nuno got the boot are the same ones wanting Bruno gone. Personally I don’t get it but that’s just my opinion.

I, as usual, disagree with a lot of your post but can’t be ***** to to argue with you again pal.

You are making things up. Like i said, nobody said Nuno was brilliant last season like you are claiming. I could be wrong, but i doubt i am. And also like i said, Nuno had a connection with a lot of people here and had credit in the bank. Lage doesnt have that, I doubt Lage will ever have that.

Its hard for you to argue when you get called out on things you have clearly either got wrong or made up to try to justify your mates current failings.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
‘Your boy Bruno’ devalues any genuine points your trying to make.

Couldnt care less tbh. When you make up things that just arent true you are going to get called out on it. He's clearly a Bruno disciple and thats fine, people have their favourites, but dont try to justify his current failings by saying people were calling NES brilliant when everyone could clearly see he wasnt last season.

It seems Bruno has an impossible task of winning some of our fans over simply as he’s not Nuno. Many just haven’t took to him through not wanting to.

I think plenty want him to succeed. People are just looking at our current run of results and probably more our standard of performance and have concerns, and i couldnt blame any fan for being concerned. I dont think any of that has anything to do with Nuno because plenty were of the same opinion about how we were going last year. When you are in poor form and more importantly playing poorly the manager is obviously going to be put under pressure.

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Couldnt care less tbh. When you make up things that just arent true you are going to get called out on it. He's clearly a Bruno disciple and thats fine, people have their favourites, but dont try to justify his current failings by saying people were calling NES brilliant when everyone could clearly see he wasnt last season.

I think plenty want him to succeed. People are just looking at our current run of results and probably more our standard of performance and have concerns, and i couldnt blame any fan for being concerned. I dont think any of that has anything to do with Nuno because plenty were of the same opinion about how we were going last year. When you are in poor form and more importantly playing poorly the manager is obviously going to be put under pressure.
‘I think plenty want him to succeed.’

We should all want him to succeed. Plenty isn’t nowhere near enough.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
‘I think plenty want him to succeed.’

We should all want him to succeed. Plenty isn’t nowhere near enough.

Plenty is enough. You will always get some people who want better than what we currently have or who just dont like certain people for whatever reason. You wont ever please all of the people all of the time.

Back
Top Bottom