Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno Lage

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People might roll their eyes, but they lost so much more than a Head Coach when they pulled the trigger on Nuno.

We lost our identity.

For all of the comments from Sellars about not bankrupting the club just to sign a couple of players, he’s about to learn a harsh lesson in trying to strengthen from a position of weakness.

A few bad signings and we’re in a world of pain with average players on huge contracts. That doesn’t end well.

Not having a proper DoF has killed the project. It’s going to be very expensive to try and create a new version of the culture under a manager that Jeff trusts. They should have fixed the issue with Nuno.
I am sadly inclined to agree.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ask Leeds fans? Still captivated? When you are in that relegation struggle, nobody cares about exciting football, just the points. Football fans as a generalisation have very short memories. And there's a few who don't have insight into what we really want. Yeah, I know from my own experience! "The grass is always greener", "it's never enough".

Watched some of the Burnley 0 City 2 match the other week. Burnley camped in their half in "hold on and snatch miracle" mode, not that different to how we used to play. Fairly sure if we replicated that tonight, there would be loads of messages about how pathetic we were and that "I don't care if we concede 5 if we just had a go at them". Well, we had a go tonight, leaving gaps all over the pitch that City exploited. We created chances, got a goal, should have had a penalty....but lost 5-1. Whatever we did, the only way you'd have everybody happy would be to win, wouldn't matter how ugly.
All very easy to say that you wouldn't mind being stuffed. Very different when it actually happens....

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People might roll their eyes, but they lost so much more than a Head Coach when they pulled the trigger on Nuno.

We lost our identity.

For all of the comments from Sellars about not bankrupting the club just to sign a couple of players, he’s about to learn a harsh lesson in trying to strengthen from a position of weakness.

A few bad signings and we’re in a world of pain with average players on huge contracts. That doesn’t end well.

Not having a proper DoF has killed the project. It’s going to be very expensive to try and create a new version of the culture under a manager that Jeff trusts. They should have fixed the issue with Nuno.
No eye rolling here my friend, nail well and truly hit on the head!!!

geowolf

Reaction score

We lost our identity.

I still hope we didn't sack Nuno. We just sent him off for a bit of work experience and a few months sabbatical.

W

WasStefan

Deserves to stay for the rest of 2022. Judge him after a transfer window

Easy to say in hindsight sacking Nuno was wrong. We were playing absolutely dreadful and he had no clue how to transition us from a back 5 to a back 4.

I’m worried for next season

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All very easy to say that you wouldn't mind being stuffed. Very different when it actually happens....

Exactly. But it has been stated here several times this season. "Dont' care if we concede loads of goals, our boring football is unwatchable and I want to see us have a go". Which we did tonight, with the all too predictable result.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lage's problem is he hasn't instilled any style. Nuno's teams were incredibly well drilled, Lage's seems the complete opposite and that hasn't changed throughout the season. He's relied on moments of brilliance and little else. Who are Wolves under lage? I've not got a clue.

He is what he is. A good coach and a very average manager IMHO.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Let’s be honest, have we had a settled starting 11 this season?

We have had numerous injuries throughout the season which has affected any consistency in performances.

Look at tonight. Without 3 probable starting defenders in Semedo, Kilman and Saiss.

Jonny and Neto back after serious injuries as well.

Any manager would struggle with that and a wafer thin squad.

This thread topic should be about FOSUN. Not Bruno!
Don't think our injuries have been that bad tbh? Loads of teams had worse

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not even sure I want him to stay regardless of the mess the balance of the squad is in.

I do think sacking him and having a complete reset is a risk however they way we are right now its just as big a risk as keeping him.
Are you talking of Ralf Hassehuttl, Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard etc etc etc?

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't think our injuries have been that bad tbh? Loads of teams had worse
Those loads of teams haven’t had worse injuries.

They have had crap players who have been left out of their starting 11!

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ask Leeds fans? Still captivated? When you are in that relegation struggle, nobody cares about exciting football, just the points. Football fans as a generalisation have very short memories. And there's a few who don't have insight into what we really want. Yeah, I know from my own experience! "The grass is always greener", "it's never enough".

Watched some of the Burnley 0 City 2 match the other week. Burnley camped in their half in "hold on and snatch miracle" mode, not that different to how we used to play. Fairly sure if we replicated that tonight, there would be loads of messages about how pathetic we were and that "I don't care if we concede 5 if we just had a go at them". Well, we had a go tonight, leaving gaps all over the pitch that City exploited. We created chances, got a goal, should have had a penalty....but lost 5-1. Whatever we did, the only way you'd have everybody happy would be to win, wouldn't matter how ugly.
oh I agree in essence. I don't care about the manner in which we lose. Nor do I care about this Wonderful football Bielsa was purported to play.

I like managers and players who make Wolves win
Don't care how!

Reaction score
I think he needs to go he doesn’t seem to know what to do when things are going badly and they certainly are at the moment. Don’t think I’d trust him with a transfer window to be honest we’ve been very lucky a lot this season & we’re finally being caught out and I think he’s a very average manager at best.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We lost our identity.

Very well said. I've always felt we lack a DOF position. Then again, that's almost as difficult a position to get right as the manager. Just ask Villa and Everton!

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lage's problem is he hasn't instilled any style. Nuno's teams were incredibly well drilled, Lage's seems the complete opposite and that hasn't changed throughout the season. He's relied on moments of brilliance and little else. Who are Wolves under lage? I've not got a clue.

This is because they're not his players so can't play to the style he wants. It's evident he wants a back 4, but I wouldn't trust our defenders in that system either. I can't believe people want him to be sacked. The man needs to be backed in the transfer window to actually get the players he wants. If not, then nobody should be manager of the club.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is because they're not his players so can't play to the style he wants. It's evident he wants a back 4, but I wouldn't trust our defenders in that system either. I can't believe people want him to be sacked. The man needs to be backed in the transfer window to actually get the players he wants. If not, then nobody should be manager of the club.

His bizarre starting line-ups and even more bizarre subs are enough for him to be sacked.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All good managers can come in and instil a style and he did get signings. I wouldn't trust Bruno in the transfer market - he had to have sanctioned signing Huang mid-season for starters and he continues picking him. Numerous issues with his tactics and team selections.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if we are sounding out a few potential managers and then deciding if sacking him is the right move. If somebody like Lopetegui for example is interested( not saying he is ) then it makes no sense to keep lage over him.

Lage hasn't done too badly, but the way we are falling away and how we are getting beaten is a problem. Our form over the last 15 games or so hasn't been brilliant.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not his fault, but his absence from the past couple of games is a perfect metaphor for where we are as a club. There is zero ****ing leadership on or off the field. The club is being run by amateurs.

Hopefully Shi, Sellars and Bruno are all sacked after the last game of the season.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not his fault, but his absence from the past couple of games is a perfect metaphor for where we are as a club. There is zero ****ing leadership on or off the field. The club is being run by amateurs.

Hopefully Shi, Sellars and Bruno are all sacked after the last game of the season.
We miss Nuno.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No idea why people are missing Nuno? This season has been no different to all the others for the moat part. Mostly crap, negative football.

Bruno needs to be backed before being judged but i fear we will pull the trigger again and destabilize everything yet again and probably not back that guy either.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I totally agree with what you say, but I am not convinced he’s that great a coach in all fairness. Sa has saved us many points and a few scruffy (what I would say were rather fortuitous) wins are masking how poor this team actually is. Just my opinion and I’m not going to say others are wrong because we all see and interpret things in our own way.
However, I feel our young players have developed slightly in spite of Bruno rather than because of. Kilman for example always had the ability but not the chance to play. I’d also say silva is being held back by playing second fiddle to Raul, well actually 3rd behind Raul and Hwang. Bruno says he rates and trusts Cundle, but virtually zero game time despite Moutinho form dropping off a cliff again and Neves looking increasingly like his mind is on his next move. Chiquinho looks a prospect and seems fearless as many young players tend to when given a chance to go into the first team.
I dunno, rambling maybe. But I genuinely don’t see Bruno as a particularly good coach as I just can’t see how he has developed this squad. Backing him with money doesn’t test his coaching ability as such, that allows him to buy better quality players.
Pep and Klopp would have to be judged on their coaching ability if they were in charge of a club with zero funds. But then we’d see whether it’s coaching or being able to buy the best players available. I just don’t see that Bruno has the ability to coach to a high level and am concerned that if he is allowed to bring in his own players that we will be having these same discussions 12 months down the line.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I totally agree with what you say, but I am not convinced he’s that great a coach in all fairness. Sa has saved us many points and a few scruffy (what I would say were rather fortuitous) wins are masking how poor this team actually is. Just my opinion and I’m not going to say others are wrong because we all see and interpret things in our own way.
However, I feel our young players have developed slightly in spite of Bruno rather than because of. Kilman for example always had the ability but not the chance to play. I’d also say silva is being held back by playing second fiddle to Raul, well actually 3rd behind Raul and Hwang. Bruno says he rates and trusts Cundle, but virtually zero game time despite Moutinho form dropping off a cliff again and Neves looking increasingly like his mind is on his next move. Chiquinho looks a prospect and seems fearless as many young players tend to when given a chance to go into the first team.
I dunno, rambling maybe. But I genuinely don’t see Bruno as a particularly good coach as I just can’t see how he has developed this squad. Backing him with money doesn’t test his coaching ability as such, that allows him to buy better quality players.
Pep and Klopp would have to be judged on their coaching ability if they were in charge of a club with zero funds. But then we’d see whether it’s coaching or being able to buy the best players available. I just don’t see that Bruno has the ability to coach to a high level and am concerned that if he is allowed to bring in his own players that we will be having these same discussions 12 months down the line.
Bang on!

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can absolutely see the argument for giving him a chance to oversee the big changes needed in the summer and be backed with some actual funds to bring in his own players. Then I remember that he really rates Hwang and I start to question whether thats such a brilliant idea?

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No idea why people are missing Nuno? This season has been no different to all the others for the moat part. Mostly crap, negative football.

Bruno needs to be backed before being judged but i fear we will pull the trigger again and destabilize everything yet again and probably not back that guy either.
"No different to all the others"

What a load of *******s

Lage needs to be sacked, not backed

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There has to be question marks over him, our form has been too bad for there not to be. Not just over a few games but over almost a third of the season now. You can almost count our good performances on one hand. We’re dreadful to watch and have been carried to 8th by more than our fair share of luck and a goalkeeper who is having the season of his career.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
There has to be question marks over him, our form has been too bad for there not to be. Not just over a few games but over almost a third of the season now. You can almost count our good performances on one hand. We’re dreadful to watch and have been carried to 8th by more than our fair share of luck and a goalkeeper who is having the season of his career.
Is it 12 losses from the last 16 or something like that?
Not great is it.

Back
Top Bottom