Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno Lage

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyway, thank god we didn’t get Potter!
There's zero evidence that the club has ever had even a remote interest in Potter. None.

I'm not Jeff Shi's biggest fan, but it's clear that since the early experiments with Zenga and Lambert (that were, it has to be noted, very much second choices that followed missing out on preferred candidate Lopetegui), he's been spot-on when it comes to recruiting a head coach.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

He's a really good coach/manager. He's learning the PL and doing a really good job of it so far. Of course there will be blips, but i'll take 7th all day long. Even if we miss out on Europe it's still been a stand out season with a new manager and coaching staff. If they back him in the summer there is no reason we can't challenge for the top 6 next season!

CologneWolf

Reaction score
Well Bruno’s comments calling out Hoever and other young players seems to have lit a fire under Trincao and Fabio. Trincao was our best against Leeds and thought he did well again yesterday. Fabio was very impressive. I hope he gets to start the next match but probably not with Raul coming back from suspension.

Marcal played well and after yesterday I would say he deserves to start against Newcastle. However I was surprised to see his name on the team sheet. So not sure what the story is with RAN though. Maybe he hasn’t responded as well to the criticism as the others. Could be a language thing also. Bruno’s scope of English is fine but his delivery leaves a lot to be desired (Undersandable)
Would be easy for a young player who speaks neither Portuguese or English natively to take criticism the wrong way.

Have to wait and see with Hoever but highly unlikely he will feature in the first team again this season or next. Suspect he will be loaned out.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You won't find many Villa fans on their forum, who don't say that Bruno out thought and schooled Gerrard. Most of their fans say that the Wolves players were well drilled, knew where the other players were meant to be and we are a cohesive well organised team.
We have a very good manager in Bruno and having Nuno before, who I loved, I feel we are very lucky to have got Bruno, who is a brilliant replacement.

UTW.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have great bouncebackability, ok we lose the odd game here and there but we always come back the following game and win, never go on a rut, credit to Lage for that. That Leeds could have really dented confidence for example.
Quite. Look how Villa imploded when we turned them over away.
The Leeds result could have done the exact same.
Instead, we go out and batter our opponent for the first half.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quite. Look how Villa imploded when we turned them over away.
The Leeds result could have done the exact same.
Instead, we go out and batter our opponent for the first half.
If only we had a clinical striker it could of been 6-0 at half time we are a work in progress we will get there

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well Bruno’s comments calling out Hoever and other young players seems to have lit a fire under Trincao and Fabio. Trincao was our best against Leeds and thought he did well again yesterday. Fabio was very impressive. I hope he gets to start the next match but probably not with Raul coming back from suspension.
You should get your wish, as I understand it Raul is out for 2 games.

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hindsight is wonderful I know, but looking back to when we were first linked is hilarious.

Edit… nothing personal, just funny the certainty some on here had he would be a total disaster.

Can't really blame us though can you, didn't exactly have glowing credentials!

CologneWolf

Reaction score
Can't really blame us though can you, didn't exactly have glowing credentials!
I think the message is in retrospect we can be made to look silly when we are so often quick to pass judgment... literally before a ball has even been kicked in some cases.

There might be a few more made to look silly in the years to come after Fabio Silva wins the first of his many Ballon d’Ors

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Very interesting to see on sky earlier that only Spurs and Liverpool have scored more PL goals than us this in 2022...

Bruno seems to be putting his mark on the team now.
I came here to post the same! He really has made such a massive difference!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220403-201505_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220403-201505_Facebook.jpg
    709.1 KB · Views: 81

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's no coincidence that since adama left we have started scoring more goals....used to baffle me that people couldn't see that with adama in the team we was so predictable and stop playing football......give it adama and hope was the plan........we've nw got players who move, interchange positions, quick passes etc .. this was all lost with adama........neves will look so much better for instance, without adama ...... movement, people finding space for a pass.

Last edited:

CologneWolf

Reaction score
It's no coincidence that since adama left we have started scoring more goals....used to baffle me that people couldn't see that with adama in the team we was so predictable and stop playing football......give it adama and hope was the plan........we've nw got players who move, interchange positions, quick passes etc .. this was all lost with adama........neves will look so much better for instance, without adama ...... movement, people finding space for a pace . ....
“Outrageous” they said.
“We have significantly weakened the squad” they said.

fleck1

Reaction score
I think we'd all admit we were a little nervous with Bruno's announcement as manager, But sure we'd all admit we have been pleasantly surprised. After Nuno and the first 3 years and everything that came with it, we'd turned to guy who'd had a year at Benfica and the other biggest highlights on his CV were assistant at Swansea and Wednesday, not a CV that gets you excited for the season ahead. Obviously came with highly respected coaching credentials and a good reputation with progressing and developing young players but how often do good coaches turn out to be terrible managers. You can see he's still a little bit wet behind the ears as a manger at times, but tactically you can see how hard he studies the game and opponents, happy to change tactics to chop and change his side to match opposition. He's made mistakes and I'm sure plenty more will be made, he seems to learn very quickly from them and I hope he get the backing of the board to put his own squad together and implement the style of football he wants us to play.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s quality end of. Has done more with the same squad then nuno did especially without jota doc etc.

Big changes next summer and I think by Tim spiers article This am we could see a lot leave but a lot come in.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's no coincidence that since adama left we have started scoring more goals....used to baffle me that people couldn't see that with adama in the team we was so predictable and stop playing football......give it adama and hope was the plan........we've nw got players who move, interchange positions, quick passes etc .. this was all lost with adama........neves will look so much better for instance, without adama ...... movement, people finding space for a pace . ....
We seemed to be utilising him perfectly just before he left. Get into a winning position then bring him on for the last 20 to kill the game. Doubt he would be happy with that but it's the perfect role for him.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Overall I'm chuffed with Bruno, done a good job. I still have occasional doubts, he makes some weird subs and some very odd team selections at times, I'm still seething about the West Ham game. But credit where its due he often seems to get good performances our of us after a knock back like Leeds

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

None of Gerrard's recent interviews have done anything to suggest that he has a brilliant footballing brain either - just cliche after cliche, and gently directing any blame at his players rather than himself.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
None of Gerrard's recent interviews have done anything to suggest that he has a brilliant footballing brain either - just cliche after cliche, and gently directing any blame at his players rather than himself.
Yeah, but no need for the cheap shots. Would you have been happy if he had said 'I do like a Manchego, I find the nutty aftertaste quite seductive' ? What he says about cheese has **** all to do what kind of a football manager he is. He is not, IMO, lacking in intelligence, he lacks the experience to coach a PL side. Just like Lampard, promoted way too early to a big job before he has learnt his trade as a coach. I don't think he will last at Villa

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, but no need for the cheap shots. Would you have been happy if he had said 'I do like a Manchego, I find the nutty aftertaste quite seductive' ? What he says about cheese has **** all to do what kind of a football manager he is. He is not, IMO, lacking in intelligence, he lacks the experience to coach a PL side. Just like Lampard, promoted way too early to a big job before he has learnt his trade as a coach. I don't think he will last at Villa

Oh no, a cheap shot against a rival club's manager? Whatever next!

Both him and Lampard are lacking in intelligence as well as experience, in my opinion.

"It's a game we never turned up for," the former England captain said. "We're playing Wolves, a local rival, but you can't come to derbies at half time.

"We're looking like a 45-minute team and that's on me - we gifted Wolves two goals. I've got to fix it and I will fix it.

"The players in the building have to help me fix it now. If not, we will get players in who will help me fix it."
Same old empty verbal crap as usual from Gerrard - I know what I'm doing, I'll fix it (I'LL FIX IT, I'LL FIX IT, I'LL FIX IT), then - but if I can't fix it, it's obviously the players fault, not mine.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh come on, if you're going to say something stupid then you can expect rival fans to have a dig!

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The bloke lives for football, he might not always get it right but the thought he puts in to upcoming games as detailed here where he explains to Spiers pre Villa how they will set up and the game will play out and is completely on the money is impressive.

Given time and some backing he could really do something special whether that’s at Wolves or, eventually, elsewhere.

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
I find it fairly easy to believe that Lage out thought a man who once said "melted" when asked what his favourite type of cheese is.
That is one of my favourite moments ever. I remember hearing it live on the radio.

Eeeerrrrrrrrrm........melted

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think we're incredibly fortunate to have him

Great article.

After reading this, my initial thoughts when he took over that perhaps the Wolves job was too big for him, are quickly being replaced by thoughts that he could outgrow us!!

D

Deleted member drgr12429

That's a really good article by Spiers.
It is indeed. Was about to post it myself but folk beat me to it!
I read it twice to digest it properly. Agree with the poster above that he might outgrow us, and soon. Better hope the Wolves board match his aspirations!

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Wolves boss Bruno Lage has slapped a £100million price tag on star midfielder Ruben Neves. The club are in talks with the 25-year-old over a new contract."

6gRCnAr.gif

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score

I think we're incredibly fortunate to have him
Great article that. I really like Bruno, he’s still a bit inexperienced and gets things wrong at times but he’s been really good this season and I get the feeling he can grow and develop just like players do. There’s so many managers out there who just go to clubs and do the same things all the time and just hope it works, I feel like Bruno wants to improve.

Back
Top Bottom