Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno Lage

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

All are far far inferior defensively
West Ham are worse but not as much as you're making out. Arsenal are better defensively, especially the last 20 or so games.

Difference between West Ham's attack and our attack is dramatic as well.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
West Ham are worse but not as much as you're making out. Arsenal are better defensively, especially the last 20 or so games.

Difference between West Ham's attack and our attack is dramatic as well.
Arsenal have conceded more goals in less games. West ham 13 more goals conceded.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Arsenal have conceded more goals in less games. West ham 13 more goals conceded.
XG against we are 13th. Sa is unlikely to play at this level forever, unless he is one of the best keepers ever. We are still a good defense and much better than 13th but if we are relying next year on conceding this few goals but giving up the same amount of good chances then we are not going to concede as few goals as this.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
XG against we are 13th. Sa is unlikely to play at this level forever, unless he is one of the best keepers ever. We are still a good defense and much better than 13th but if we are relying next year on conceding this few goals but giving up the same amount of good chances then we are not going to concede as few goals as this.
I don't buy into xg. I've seen plenty of games where the xg doesn't match what the eyes tell you. After this many games I think you are where you deserve to be

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't buy into xg. I've seen plenty of games where the xg doesn't match what the eyes tell you. After this many games I think you are where you deserve to be
I somewhat agree. We are very very good at getting into a lead and strangling the game. Our game management thus doesn't tally with XG.

The Brentford game is the perfect example. Maybe the Everton one too. We were clear and deserved winners in both but it was more through controlling possession than an array of excellent chances

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I somewhat agree. We are very very good at getting into a lead and strangling the game. Our game management thus doesn't tally with XG.

The Brentford game is the perfect example. Maybe the Everton one too. We were clear and deserved winners in both but it was more through controlling possession than an array of excellent chances
That has no relevance to xg conceded. You are correct about game situation dictating it to a degree. However our record coming from behind this season is utterly dismal, so clearly it isn't just game plan

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Every big club in the world uses xg and an array of analytics, so that's good enough for me. Xg on a per game basis is less useful but over a larger body of work it is very useful. I think 7th to the 14th is much of a muchness this year s

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That has no relevance to xg conceded. You are correct about game situation dictating it to a degree. However our record coming from behind this season is utterly dismal, so clearly it isn't just game plan
I sometimes think you disagree with me just for the hell of it ;)

But you're right, I should have specified that my point pertained to xg for. It's very rare that we go 'for the kill' so to speak.

Our record of coming from behind is uncharacteristically terrible, which points to a lack of plan B.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I sometimes think you disagree with me just for the hell of it ;)

But you're right, I should have specified that my point pertained to xg for. It's very rare that we go 'for the kill' so to speak.

Our record of coming from behind is uncharacteristically terrible, which points to a lack of plan B.
It speaks to a lack of ability to create and score goals really. Core of our problem

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every big club in the world uses xg and an array of analytics, so that's good enough for me. Xg on a per game basis is less useful but over a larger body of work it is very useful. I think 7th to the 14th is much of a muchness this year s

I get your general idea, but 7th to 14th is too excessive. There's a 17 point difference between 7th and 14th, both on same matches played. 8th to 12th , much of a muchness, maybe. Still a 13 point difference , but Leicester have 3 games in hand so could well close that to 8 or 9 points or less.

It's the Championship that provides the real log jam of similar level teams. 13 points is the difference between 3rd and 14th in the Championship! Now that's what a real "much of a muchness" looks like.

If you are using the stats, then 11 teams 13 points apart indicates more teams at similar level than 5 teams 13 points apart. The Championship has always been like that though. The gap between the top 2 of our league and 8th, is as big as the gap between first and last in the Championship on a typical season. It's a horrible place , let's never go there again. :D

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno to blame tonight. Utterly inept decision making. You deserve to concede 3 goals and ultimately the game when your winning 2-0 at home and playing a 5-4 formation against quite possibly the worst team in the league right now. They were and are ****ing dreadful and we handed it on a plate.

What does he do the minute its 3-2? Throw the whole lot forward. Including Saiss.

Reactive, almost embarassing tactics and game management if ever I have saw it.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno to blame tonight. Utterly inept decision making. You deserve to concede 3 goals and ultimately the game when your winning 2-0 at home and playing a 5-4 formation against quite possibly the worst team in the league right now. They were and are ****ing dreadful and we handed it on a plate.

What does he do the minute its 3-2? Throw the whole lot forward. Including Saiss.

What would you have done?

The only thing would have been to go 4 2 3 really.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Much as l hate to do so l absolutely agree. He isn't half as clever tactically as he thinks that he is.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

What a load of drivel
Any chance to slag him off

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I’d have got Fabio on as soon as Raul was sent off and probably had Trincao playing just off him.

In Bruno’s defence though, we did still carry a threat with 10 men and you can’t really legislate for the types of goal we conceded.

My biggest issue was not starting 3-4-3 against a team that leaves so much space in their left-back position. As awful as it was to lose Neves, having Trincao on that side ahead of the Dendoncker-hybrid role made a massive difference.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a load of drivel
Any chance to slag him off

I think Bruno deserves the criticism. On this occasion his decision making was poor, he clearly got it wrong. Same as when we get good results and play well and he gets praised for the smart things he does. Dont see why people get such a bee in their bonnets about a bit of criticism.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Bruno deserves the criticism. On this occasion his decision making was poor, he clearly got it wrong. Same as when we get good results and play well and he gets praised for the smart things he does. Dont see why people get such a bee in their bonnets about a bit of criticism.

Bang on.

Overall for the most part this season he’s been good. Tonight he ****ed up, nothing wrong with calling that out.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got it VERY wrong today, and has to address the worryingly high level of bottling in this team.

Hopefully he learns from this.
You simply cannot legislate for how RAN, Saiss and Sa **** the bed, but persisting with a striker on a yellow when you have a two-goal lead, or continuing to play with a 3-4-2 that included Podence, failing to make a substitution until 78th minute, choosing Hwang when practically everyone else was a better option, when you add it all up Bruno had a total ****ing nightmare.

Wolf of Wall Heath

Reaction score
His BS on the touch line last night was naive. It suited Leeds to turn the game into a scrap and he fell for it. Petty ****ing squabbling with the other teams coaches and staff won’t have helped our players keep their composure on the field. Poor

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d have got Fabio on as soon as Raul was sent off and probably had Trincao playing just off him.

In Bruno’s defence though, we did still carry a threat with 10 men and you can’t really legislate for the types of goal we conceded.

My biggest issue was not starting 3-4-3 against a team that leaves so much space in their left-back position. As awful as it was to lose Neves, having Trincao on that side ahead of the Dendoncker-hybrid role made a massive difference.
After how frustrated Raul was looking first half and with him being on a yellow I’d have subbed him for Fabio at half time.

djmikeydickens

Reaction score
The injury to one of the CMs was a help to Bruno as we brought on more attacking threat and a shape change. Obviously not good it was Neves tho. Leaving Pod up top was daft and basically anyone else would of done for more presence up there. But the goals conceded were down to the players, every goal was poor ability or poor decision making. Saiss in particular is just a car crash, he's been bloody awful since January

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The injury to one of the CMs was a help to Bruno as we brought on more attacking threat and a shape change. Obviously not good it was Neves tho. Leaving Pod up top was daft and basically anyone else would of done for more presence up there. But the goals conceded were down to the players, every goal was poor ability or poor decision making. Saiss in particular is just a car crash, he's been bloody awful since January
If Saiss is that bad why does Lage keep picking him?

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He will make mistakes, he’s far from perfect. Disappointing though that any mistake seems to be an opportunity for some people to try manipulate to suit agendas.

I’m still a massive fan, just as I was with Nuno. My biggest criticism of Bruno though, and this is probably the one area for me he falls short versus Nuno, is how easily we sometimes fold. Only takes one bad call, like the red yesterday, and we all too easily seem to lose our heads. We used to be a lot more resilient than that as a squad.

One area to improve. Signing an actual midfielder would also help too.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He will make mistakes, he’s far from perfect. Disappointing though that any mistake seems to be an opportunity for some people to try manipulate to suit agendas.

I’m still a massive fan, just as I was with Nuno. My biggest criticism of Bruno though, and this is probably the one area for me he falls short versus Nuno, is how easily we sometimes fold. Only takes one bad call, like the red yesterday, and we all too easily seem to lose our heads. We used to be a lot more resilient than that as a squad.

One area to improve. Signing an actual midfielder would also help too.
Him getting into argy bargy with the Leeds bench rather than concentrating on the game certainly didn't help. Hardly about to help considered decision making.

Kingswood Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Since our return to the Premier League, and nearly always playing 541 or similar, up until Arsenal last month, we had never lost from a winning position. Now we've done it twice in a month or so and both in calamitous fashion. Definitely something for Bruno to think about.

Back
Top Bottom