Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno Lage

Autistic Kangaroo

Reaction score
The mention was solely because the post that l replied to suggested that Lage had achieved something new in that respect. He hasn't.
I’m not sure where you take the new connotation from. I simply stated he deserves credit which he does. Not everything has to involve a comparative angle. At least not in my world.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The mention was solely because the post that l replied to suggested that Lage had achieved something new in that respect. He hasn't.

I loved Nuno, WickedWolfie and supported him to the very end, just like you did. He will never be forgotten at Wolves and will always be loved by Wolves fans and a cult figure in Wolverhampton, but that shouldn't stop us giving all our love to Bruno now and supporting him through thick and thin.
I know you stand your corner and respect that, but enjoy the ride mate. It doesn't mean you are a traitor to Nuno, because you get behind Bruno. Bruno is our manager and we should show him 100% support. I think Nuno would want that too.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got away with it today IMO.

Press neves and coady and we lose that match.

On the flip side the passing and working as a unit was much better

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So that never happened under Nuno huh.... Right....

Ruben Neves taking on players down the other end then whipping in majestic crosses for Coady to head home never happened under Nuno. 4-0 wins in the Premier league never happened under Nuno. And Neves scoring from inside the penalty area literally never happened under Nuno. He was not allowed that far forward in 3 seasons. Nuno did a brilliant job, but it does look increasingly like aspects of the players development got seriously stifled due to the overly cautious, rigidly organised system he had us playing. Neves is maybe just the most obvious example of many of our players who are having their best seasons with us.

Every manager has his time span before he gets a bit stale, I think Bruno looks just the right person to have taken on what was a difficult challenge here and to take us into a different direction without imploding. Looking at how many new manager appointments just don't do much at all, I find it hard to imagine any alternatives who would have had us higher up the table. But dozens who would have had us lower down the table.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are all Wolves fans, we were blessed to have had Nuno, but Bruno deserves are full backing.

I agree, but yet we seem to have two camps.

One that loved Nuno and now has embraced Bruno and backs him, the other that loved Nuno and is a little gutted that Bruno is actually matching him quite comfortably and want him sacked immediately we have a couple of bad games.

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ruben Neves taking on players down the other end then whipping in majestic crosses for Coady to head home never happened under Nuno. 4-0 wins in the Premier league never happened under Nuno. And Neves scoring from inside the penalty area literally never happened under Nuno. He was not allowed that far forward in 3 seasons. Nuno did a brilliant job, but it does look increasingly like aspects of the players development got seriously stifled due to the overly cautious, rigidly organised system he had us playing. Neves is maybe just the most obvious example of many of our players who are having their best seasons with us.

Every manager has his time span before he gets a bit stale, I think Bruno looks just the right person to have taken on what was a difficult challenge here and to take us into a different direction without imploding. Looking at how many new manager appointments just don't do much at all, I find it hard to imagine any alternatives who would have had us higher up the table. But dozens who would have had us lower down the table.
seem to recall a header at Newcastle last season from Neves and a shot v. Everton from inside the box

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Could Bruno do what Nuno did in taking us from the Champ and establishing us? We'll never know. Could Nuno take us further, it increasingly looked less likely.

Whats clear is that Nuno was a god like blessing who was immense for our club. If Lage is backed he should be expected to build on this.

At present Bruno is doing a fine job. Much harder to inherit a squad in the Prem and get it into your identity and achieve all within 1 season.

What is clear is that we should all want him to exceed Nuno. Doesnt mean nuno wasnt amazing. Just means that Wolves get even better.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

If you can’t see that Neves is a better player under Bruno then it’s pointless arguing.
He absolutely is. Moved from a hard working, middle of the road ball progresser who relied on the big switch to a guy progressing ball at an above average rate now. He still needs to move ball quicker and through the lines more often but he is closer to a top 4 player now just not one of the elite yet

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Bruno is not Nuno. But he doesn’t pretend to be, he’s his own man and his own manager and he’s doing a great job for us. You can be sad that Nuno isn’t here any more but still be pleased with the season we’re having under Bruno. Equally just because Bruno is doing a cracking job doesn’t mean Nuno’s achievements aren’t as good anymore.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
poster said literally not scored from inside the box.
What don`t you understand?

OK, in his 4th season he finally did score one from inside the box. - unless there's one he got in the Championship that I missed, too.

Ah well, my opinion is that in his 3 Premier League seasons, he'd been inconsistent and hadnt' really shown the potential we thought he had initially. Going backwards, last season. He's now getting forward even more than in the Championship season and looks all the better for it. It might be Bruno's influence. It might not be. Could be that Ruben's babies are a bit older and he's sleeping better. :)

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He absolutely is. Moved from a hard working, middle of the road ball progresser who relied on the big switch to a guy progressing ball at an above average rate now. He still needs to move ball quicker and through the lines more often but he is closer to a top 4 player now just not one of the elite yet
It is arguable that the role he seems to have had in Nuno's system, after promotion at least, has restricted his international appearances. It may also paradoxically have kept him under the radar of Champions League sides who might have made serious offers we and he could not have refused.

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well done on finding one example in three years. Our best player is far better under our current coach.
thank you
It wasn`t one example though, it was 2
and just last season so easy to remember.
You may be mixing me up with somebody else as I`m not arguing about Nuno v Bruno
just pointing out that Neves has scored from inside the box
again what don`t you understand?

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
thank you
You may be mixing me up with somebody else as I`m not arguing about Nuno v Bruno
just pointing out that Neves has scored from inside the box
again what don`t you understand?
Mate if you think Neves crosses to Coady for a goal under Nuno then happy days.

LetTheBullLoose

Reaction score
Got away with it today IMO.

Press neves and coady and we lose that match.

On the flip side the passing and working as a unit was much better
Got away with what??? Did you watch the game? Neves was pressed plenty...he was just so good today that it didn't matter. Very very good at moving the ball.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
thank you
I have erased just about everything from last season from memory. The peak came with the second goal in a brilliant opening against Sheff Utd. Just leaving another 37 and a half matches of nothing worth remembering and a lot worth forgetting.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got away with what??? Did you watch the game? Neves was pressed plenty...he was just so good today that it didn't matter. Very very good at moving the ball.

Yes, absolutely. Everton certainly put the effort in, they were trying to chase and hassle us. We were just better than them in every position. And it resulted in Everton conceding lots of free kicks, a sending off and more offsides than I can remember for years. We matched their energy (unlike the Palace and WHam games) and easily beat their quality.

LetTheBullLoose

Reaction score
Yes, absolutely. Everton certainly put the effort in, they were trying to chase and hassle us. We were just better than them in every position. And it resulted in Everton conceding lots of free kicks, a sending off and more offsides than I can remember for years. We matched their energy (unlike the Palace and WHam games) and easily beat their quality.
Agree totally. Some of our working of the ball from back to front, in that second half, was fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom