Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno Lage

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Large is announced I might stick some money on Florentino Luis and Ferro following him as well

Wolf Pack leader

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If were staying Portuguese - Paolo Fonseca or Pedro Martins for me.

If not - Young option in Potter Older - Bentiez

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance. What is Lage doing now? Wikipedia says he left Benfica last season and doesn't list another job. Was he pushed, even after winning the league?

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

literally no experience except benfica where he was poor. thats like being poor at celtic i.e. almost impossible
He won 17 of 18 games as they won league first year then they had a horror run after restart and he got bombed

Wandsworth Wolf

Reaction score
I guess the only positive is, we are in a much better place than 4 years ago when Nuno joined: we’re better known, we’re competing in the best league in the world and we have a better squad.

Those reasons alone should mean we attract a higher calibre manager than we are typically used to.

Egalian

Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance. What is Lage doing now? Wikipedia says he left Benfica last season and doesn't list another job. Was he pushed, even after winning the league?
Managing Benfica is stressful job, specially with their crazy supporters.
Also the refs there were always harming his job.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I can't believe a Premier League club is actually hiring a manager who has coached 75 games of senior football. Less than 2 full seasons

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at the 19/20 season (post title winning season) Lage lost Joao Felix, Jovic, Carrillo, Salvio, Raul de Tomas, Raul Jimenez and many other key players that season. It was definitely a huge overhaul in the squad.

WhiteWolf

Reaction score
I don't know anything about Lage, does he play more attacking>?

yes he in slb used a very offensive team with Artur Soares Dias and Hugo Miguel in front and Ferrari Vermelho and Pinheiro in the wings, zero losses in 30 games, more than 100 goals.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a stupid comment. You wanted Nuno gone therefore you should expect and deserve a crap manager :tearsofjoy:
That’s literally not what I said though is it?

Assuming if Nuno went we’d get an A lister manager was potentially fanciful. I’ve repeatedly said I can appreciate peoples view points of wanting Nuno gone. My issue is who replaces him and it seems that was overlooked with people saying that’s the clubs job to figure out.

Well if this is them figuring it out it’s a risk isn’t it. I don’t know much about Lage, but he’s the sort I expect us to get in terms of not a guaranteed success.

It’s alright though, we’ll just go pluck Lopetegui out of his job at a CL club...

D

Deleted member 11332

But you wanted Nuno gone. We can’t just cherry pick who we want, we aren’t there as a club.

You reap what you sow...

That's not a fair assessment. Also, Nuno obviously resigned and would have regardless. Probably to take the Portugal or spurs job.

Pessimistic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't know anything about Lage, does he play more attacking>?

The tidbids I've come across suggest a high press, energetic style of football.

When he took over Benfica midway through the season to rescue them, he surprised pundits by dropping some experienced heads and bringing youth through instead - going on to win the league. I suppose it helps when one of those kids was Joao Felix.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's not a fair assessment. Also, Nuno obviously resigned and would have regardless. Probably to take the Portugal or spurs job.
Is it not?

A poster who started a Nuno out thread, isn’t very optimistic about what happens next now Nuno is gone?

Im not blaming him for Nuno going. My point is this was never considered when people shouted for change. Change to what?

Egalian

Reaction score
Amorim from Gijón would alse be a great asset. He should also bring Tiago Tomás, Antunes and João Pereira with him.

Back
Top Bottom