Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno Lage

thisisgil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fully expect pelters for this... but the more I think about it, I actually wouldn't mind a season of clearing the dead wood and Lampard working with the youth.

Reaction score
Who is actually going to be recruiting the new manager? Jeff Shi? 4 years behind the scenes but didn't he openly admit to knowing little about football when he joined. There's no-one else really to make the decision is there. I always felt a bit that they stumbled upon something good with Nuno by luck rather than design and Zenga was a better barometer of their decision making - i.e. ****

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mendes is a huge asset to this club, but we rely on him too much and if we get Lage it will show he can be a hinderence

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lage would be a huge downgrade, I'd certainly be more happier with Conceição as mentioned in the tweet.

If it's Lage a we gotta give him a chance though as TBH Nuno CV wasn't exactly sparkling nor were fans of previous clubs giving him glowing references.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Hopefully we'll have other options. As many of us said to those who wanted Nuno gone, be careful what you wish for.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We got very very lucky with Nuno. 1/3 appointments hit rate. I just hope we can get lucky again

History has shown Lopetegui would have been an astute choice

Zenga was a panic decision, and I believe after criticism they received outside help and plumped for Lambert (who at that point had a solid reputation within english football, despite being a complete and utter fraud.)

Agree, I'm not picking up good vibes about Lage though, I've asked a Benfica supporting friend for more information.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
someone said it would be lage, mutual consent for nuno surely signs that she wasn't happy. maybe it was the loss at Everton, do our stars now.move on? does Adama resign contract.

Does this mean the end for.moutinho or Patricio

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully we'll have other options. As many of us said to those who wanted Nuno gone, be careful what you wish for.
Conçeiçao would be a good appointment, think Porto fans are more positive about him than they were about Nuno.

thisisgil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh god.
If I had the energy, I'd pelt you rotten for that. From Nuno to Lampard in a day.
I know, I know. But we are going to need to rebuild sooner or later and Frank played a key role in bringing some real talent through the ranks. I'd rather have that for a season than a more established manager with a handful of Mendes journeymen.

Incrivelhulk

Reaction score
Bruno Lage (aka Egal as it is known in Portugal) is the new José Mourinho (both are from Setúbal and the quality is similar). Would be a good choice with approval from Jorge Mendes

p.s: do you know anything about Moutinho's return to Porto?

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Lage would be a huge downgrade, I'd certainly be more happier with Conceição as mentioned in the tweet.

If it's Lage a we gotta give him a chance though as TBH Nuno CV wasn't exactly sparkling nor were fans of previous clubs giving him glowing references.
Nuno had managed for more than a single season as a caretaker. They weren't even comparable.

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Who is actually going to be recruiting the new manager? Jeff Shi? 4 years behind the scenes but didn't he openly admit to knowing little about football when he joined. There's no-one else really to make the decision is there. I always felt a bit that they stumbled upon something good with Nuno by luck rather than design and Zenga was a better barometer of their decision making - i.e. ****
He doesn't know anything about football, thats why he gets his advice off the most powerful man in football. Good thinking to be fair.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why isn't Graham Potter on the odds list? He's a fantastic manager. Exactly the type we should be going for.
Because there's no chance of him coming to us so nobody is backing it?

PM Wolves

Groupie
Reaction score

Plays a 442 - if he comes.....

I think the writing is on the wall for Coady as well....

Nuno has been amazing for 4 years, we need to give whoever comes in a chance. The Porto manager Conceicio would be my choice, but Lage's Benfica scored 103 in 34 games which will probably sway Shi's decision.

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno had managed for more than a single season as a caretaker. They weren't even comparable.

I know what your saying but Porto fans were glad to see him go and he wasn't exactly a roaring success at Valencia.

I'm not saying Lage would be a great appointment far from it but he deserves a chance if it is him.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I know what your saying but Porto fans were glad to see him go and he wasn't exactly a roaring success at Valencia.

I'm not saying Lage would be a great appointment far from it but he deserves a chance if it is him.
He managed for 5 years, Lage was a caretaker who was Swansea assistant manager 3 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom