Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno Lage

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it not?

A poster who started a Nuno out thread, isn’t very optimistic about what happens next now Nuno is gone?

Im not blaming him for Nuno going. My point is this was never considered when people shouted for change. Change to what?
A senior manager with experience . There is loads of them.

School boy to hire someone that has managed a team for one season , in a different league .

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A senior manager with experience . There is loads of them.

School boy to hire someone that has managed a team for one season , in a different league .
Who would you want then who has experience but isn’t past it and would be a realistic option for a club like us?

When you see the sort of names that get hired by other mid table PL teams how many of them would you want here ahead of Nuno.

I appreciate it seems Nuno has decided to call it so it’s out of our hands to an extent. I just worry we’re going to be sat here in 12 months time wishing he’d stayed.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who would you want then who has experience but isn’t past it and would be a realistic option for a club like us?

When you see the sort of names that get hired by other mid table PL teams how many of them would you want here ahead of Nuno.

I appreciate it seems Nuno has decided to call it so it’s out of our hands to an extent. I just worry we’re going to be sat here in 12 months time wishing he’d stayed.
I would do everything possible to get Potter

Incrivelhulk

Reaction score
Shame Lage isn't pronounced how it seems to English-speakers... because it's crying out for the Born Slippy treatment! :)

Lage! Lage! Lage! Lage! Lage! Lage! Lage! Lage! Lage! Lage! Lage! Lage! Lage! Lage! Lage! Lage!
Bruno, Bruno, Bruno,
He’s from benfica like João Felix
He goes left
He goes right
He makes the other team look ****
He’s our Portuguese magnifico....

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Much depends on Fosun and how deep its pockets are this summer. If I were them, I would go all out to get Lopetegui, who was their original choice when they took over Wolves. Very unlikely he would come now but you never know; don't ask don't get.

Reaction score
Bruno Lage... His Benfica side flew all the way through 2019.
Fast, flowing, pure attacking football.

But as soon as they tasted defeat, it all turned down really fast.
There was suspicion regarding some players leading some sort of rebellion in the locker room.

His capacity has a pure football manager seems undisputed.
But has a leader, dealing with the ego of the stars remains to be proved

Egalian

Reaction score

There was suspicion regarding some players leading some sort of rebellion in the locker room.

He great leader and great motivator. With him Benfica achieved the record of points in Champion group stage.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Oh great

D

Deleted member 11332

Is it not?

A poster who started a Nuno out thread, isn’t very optimistic about what happens next now Nuno is gone?

Im not blaming him for Nuno going. My point is this was never considered when people shouted for change. Change to what?

Not really what he said, not optimistic on the appointment of a bloke who hasn't really managed anyone and when he has has failed. Then again, so had Nuno.

It's also not fans job to appoint a Manager, we have no power really especially with no fans in the ground.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Based on how Sevilla played against us last season I would love Lopetegui - but it looks like that ship has sailed.

Lage is a bit uninspiring to say the least.

Reaction score
Bruno Lage is one of the best Portuguese coaches and with a very interesting game philosophy.
He launched talents like João Félix, Renato Sanches and Rúben Dias, won a championship with overwhelming football and lost in the second season due to external factors.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would do everything possible to get Potter
He’s got his own project where he’s well supported by their owner. I don’t think he’d go from Brighton to us.

I don’t see us as a big enough step up for him to jump ship to join. I’d also be concerned if he was so willing to do that to go from Brighton to us, would he be willing to do it from us to the next rung in the ladder if the chance arises.

Last edited:

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lage had a huge hand in developing a handfuld of brillant young players at Benfica through the years and by all accounts he's brillant coach, and a likeable character, not unlike Nuno. If we want to develop young players, he might be a very wise choice.
Obviously his lack of experience at senior level and his sacking at Benfica makes him a potentially risky appointment, but the football I saw him produce in his first half season at Benfica was stunning, and Ive heard the players loved playing for him. Could turn out very well...

Hixon Wolf

Reaction score
If we have to get another Portuguese manager in I'd like Rúben Amorim. Improbable though.

Back
Top Bottom