Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno’s Deadline day

Westbakejazz

Reaction score
3 days left for Fosun to get all new signings in place for Bruno’s 1st July deadline. Tick tock Fosun. Time to put up or shut up.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why not include this with the other 12,000+ posts on the other transfer threads?

I just can’t think of anything else to say about this transfer window so far.

Oh, and I’ve read everything there is to read about it as well!

Finally, I hope and pray something is bubbling and we have some positive news from the club on and after 1st July.

Last edited:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3 days left for Fosun to get all new signings in place for Bruno’s 1st July deadline. Tick tock Fosun. Time to put up or shut up.
What makes you think that Lage has very much/any influence over Shi and Fosun? What makes you think that he should have?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have you tried sacking her?

I told mine at that age I was going to count to 300, and then did so. Kept her out of trouble for 5 minutes.
About as long as it took you to count then..... My 5 year old pays about that much attention to me....

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's probably a bit longer than that, i'd guess he'd want them by the time the international duty players come back to training. It's still not long though

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lage is Wolves boss because he knows he’s very lucky to be a PL manager. Currently it’s a good setup for both parties. Fosun have a boss who isn’t going to rock the boat, he gets to manage a PL team despite having relatively little experience.

That deadline means nothing.

Westbakejazz

Reaction score
Lage is Wolves boss because he knows he’s very lucky to be a PL manager. Currently it’s a good setup for both parties. Fosun have a boss who isn’t going to rock the boat, he gets to manage a PL team despite having relatively little experience.

It does when he set that target himself

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It’s all soundbites though. Like 90% of comms that is said within football.

Of course he wants his squad ready before pre/season, I bet all coaches do. There is no way he’s walking if the squad is exactly as it is now on the first day of the season. Similarly there is no way he’s going to upset the apple cart with Fosun, he knows he’s very fortunate to be a PL manager based on his managerial career to date, and they know that too.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Bruno also said he wanted 3 or 4 players when he first came in ( before being pulled into line) and then wanted to strengthen in January.... I think we can take Lage's sound bites with a pinch of salt......

Westbakejazz

Reaction score
It is unusual hence the question. If you don't want to say, or think that it might let people work out who you are, then so be it.

Have a good day.
I’m awfully sorry my bio name doesn’t sit well amongst the elite amongst you. And it doesn’t have a wolf in the name or a player. Shall I change it for you to something like . Wolfie wicked . Would you like me to do that. But the sad thing is you still wouldn’t know me from Adam exactly the same as I don’t know you.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Monday is the big day, lets see who turns up to training, if moutinho has renewed and if there are any announcements or an away kit launch

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Signings are never easy. You would have thought that Lingard to West Ham would be a doddle given his previous successful loan there. However, his reported demand for £200k/week mean that isn't so.....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m awfully sorry my bio name doesn’t sit well amongst the elite amongst you. And it doesn’t have a wolf in the name or a player. Shall I change it for you to something like . Wolfie wicked . Would you like me to do that. But the sad thing is you still wouldn’t know me from Adam exactly the same as I don’t know you.
Elite? Me? Hahahaha

For the last time l wasn't having a dig at you l was just curious. You can call yourself whatever you want!

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m certain that he didn’t specify the 1st July as a deadline. He said he wanted time to work with new players. Even if we’d signed a player early, if they’d played nations league they wouldn’t be in training till end of next week at the earliest.

You forget to mention that Lage also said it might require one player to move for everything to fall into place and the dominoes to fall. And he didn’t say that was a Wolves player.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m certain that he didn’t specify the 1st July as a deadline. He said he wanted time to work with new players. Even if we’d signed a player early, if they’d played nations league they wouldn’t be in training till end of next week at the earliest.

You forget to mention that Lage also said it might require one player to move for everything to fall into place and the dominoes to fall. And he didn’t say that was a Wolves player.
I would say the 4th is more of a date to be pencilled

Westbakejazz

Reaction score

Go look at Bruno’s comments regarding new addition’s. I would like business to be done by July 1st. His words not mine.

Westbakejazz

Reaction score
Elite? Me? Hahahaha

For the last time l wasn't having a dig at you l was just curious. You can call yourself whatever you want!
No problem, I just didn’t understand why you were asking, I have no problem whatsoever with people knowing my name it’s not something I want to hide. It’s a name that means something to me. I suppose like others on here

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Go look at Bruno’s comments regarding new addition’s. I would like business to be done by July 1st. His words not mine.

He did not say those words, (unless you take the first day to mean the 1st of July, but presumably if we sign an international player they wouldn't be starting until next week anyway). He did say he wants 4-5 weeks to work with the players, which would be this week or next. Given most of the players aren't back until next week, that would be the end of when he wanted it.

And Lage hopes to have everything in place for early July when Wolves return to pre-season training. The Portuguese wants a full pre-season with his new players to implement his playing style before Wolves begin their Premier League campaign on the weekend of August 6.

“It’s very important for us that the players are here on the first day, then we will have four or five weeks of work to start the Premier League in the best way,” he said. “We can explain everything so that new players know the ideas.

“We are working for that. In the same way we need to understand the policy of the club, the modern days. The first sale is going to be like a domino - the money will move.”

Four of Wolves’ five summer signings last year arrived in time to jet out for the warm weather training camp in Marbella. The only exception was Hwang Hee-chan, who joined Wolves from RB Leipzig in late August.

Having said that, every manager in the league wants signings done early, and they never get them all, for pretty obvious reasons.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think the “very lucky” bit is incredibly harsh. The premier league is jam packed with managers who haven’t won anything let alone a top European league.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very lucky probably is overkill, I’d say lucky is fair though based on his CV.
There’s a lot of ex players like Viera, Arteta, Gerrard and previously Lampard who all had significantly less experience than Lage and won either nothing or in Gerard’s case a vastly inferior league than Portugals top flight.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s a lot of ex players like Viera, Arteta, Gerrard and previously Lampard who all had significantly less experience than Lage and won either nothing or in Gerard’s case a vastly inferior league than Portugals top flight.
To back that up

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Whilst I agree, sadly, because they’re ex-big 6 they get a pass and some kind of acceptance among fans and the media (which I don’t agree is right).

For Lage, a good 6 months, followed by a poor 6 months in a Portuguese league isn’t a hugely high pedigree to walk into a PL club.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That's hard-headed realism, it's not 'harsh'. Lage and FOSUN is a marriage of convenience that currently suits both parties. Problem is, it doesn't please a lot of those who pay to watch and I think that's going to get worse as the season progresses. Messy divorce ahead.

Back
Top Bottom