Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Brighton verdict

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
**** poor from all. Except Rui by default of only having to catch the ball four times.

J

Jungleee

Admittedly it was a great opportunity to cement our play for 4th and CL, but given our record against Brighton, I'm not unhappy - we're still 5th and with another clean sheet and point in the bag. Let's crack on to Olympiakos and qualify for the CL by winning the EL!

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Such sloppy awful passes. Everything over someone's head and out of bounds. Why is it that Wolves just sleep walk in these kinds of matches? There was no real urgency going forward. We miss Jonny. Vinagre would walk down the wing and then pass back EVERYTIME. The few times he's barge forward he'd do the stupid stepovers that don't fool anyone.

I'd say it's progress though. Didn't lose to Brighton this season and haven't let Mooy score. Small steps :)

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Disappointing but I guess we’ve been due one of those performances after our recent exertions.

Pretty poor all over the pitch. Boly very sloppy in possession. The midfield 3 all off it. Vinagre ineffective and Raul frustratingly selfish.

Saiss and Coady probably our best two players.

Rui 6
Boly 5
Coady 6
Saiss 7
Doherty 6
Neves 5
Moutinho 5
Dendoncker 5
Vinagre 5
Jota 6
Jimenez 5

Still, can’t be too critical after what these players have given us this season.

Another clean sheet and another point to add to the collection. Just a missed opportunity.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's Brighton, they exist for turgid football, crap fans, ****e away trips and above all else just being a royal pain in the **** (no pun intended).

6/10 for all.

I'll take Villa staying up to never have to play Brighton again.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks we just turn up and win is deluded, we have to earn our wins, today we didn’t work hard enough. Jota was MOMand still can’t work out why Nuno took him off, him and Neves actually, moutinho had his worst ever game for us and Traore was abysmal when he came on.
But all these players have earned the right to have a bad game occasionally and Nuno has won us so many games in the past how do any of us know that we wouldn’t have lost otherwise.

Another Boly game another clean sheet

D

Deleted member 5910

A bottle job, seeing as Sheffield Utd and Arsenal won similar fixtures today. Also, a fine argument that a 0-0 draw should equal no points for either team. How much better that game would've been as a spectacle if both sides knew they had to score.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks we just turn up and win is deluded, we have to earn our wins, today we didn’t work hard enough. Jota was MOMand still can’t work out why Nuno took him off, him and Neves actually, moutinho had his worst ever game for us and Traore was abysmal when he came on.
But all these players have earned the right to have a bad game occasionally and Nuno has won us so many games in the past how do any of us know that we wouldn’t have lost otherwise.

Agree jota has to stay on. Nuno always seems to take neves off instead of Moutinho even with the latter being below par for a few games now

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just no intent or creativity on the ball. We were so slow and lethargic when we actually got it that it just played into Brighton's hands. Think you have to question how we set up as we didn't look like we really wanted to win the game, spent 65 minutes just treading water before Traore came on. Both sides looked happy enough with a 0-0. You can't win every game but that performance was nothing short of woeful.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me that's another hopeless draw in a formation that no longer works for us and hasn't done all season. Some nice neat football first half, but no penetration to any of it. Almost as if we hadn't got enough attacking players on the pitch.

Still a point and a clean sheet though.

LetTheBullLoose

Reaction score

Jota MOM and Traore abysmal?? Are you sure you watched the game? Or at least, the same game as I did?? I know it’s all about opinions but come on...

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just left. Like being transported to about 1995. Wouldn't have scored if we played until midnight. Brighton comfortable and easily the better side. No one played above 5 apart from Rui.. worst display this season

but we are 5th so i will let them off. At least we didnt lose

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Very poor performance, a half decent team would have smashed us today, thankfully Brighton are a few levels below decent. Another point but if we’re serious about top 4 it needed to be 3 really. We move on.

LetTheBullLoose

Reaction score
For me that's another hopeless draw in a formation that no longer works for us and hasn't done all season. Some nice neat football first half, but no penetration to any of it. Almost as if we hadn't got enough attacking players on the pitch.

Still a point and a clean sheet though.

Which formation are you referring to?

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We played it like an away game. 3-5-2 with the front 2 very isolated. We really need a top class attacking midfielder in the middle 3 if we want to play that formation at home. That's now 7 draws in 15 home games because we only seem to be able to play one way, could be the difference between Europa League or Champions League.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure i totally agree with this. Played better stuff than us today and fans were good.
Beg to differ, I'm (for once) at least looking forward to getting back to Essex, slightly refreshed after a snooze for 90 mins. :D

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moutinho starting to look a little leggy the last month but he’s so important to us that we can’t rest him really. I’d have taken him off instead of Neves though.

Anyway, I had a feeling this might happen today and I feel that we can say we maybe got away with one in the end. We could have easily lost that if the defence and Rui switched off today like the rest of the team - thankfully they did not.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Worst home performance since Chelsea. Pretty certain that puts an end to Top 4 aspirations and, as someone noted, we could soon fall as low as 9th if we dont pick up form. Players looked like their thoughts were elsewhere. Really disappointed today, tired of this Brighton hoodoo.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Traore abysmal when he came on? Wow o_OThe only bloke to actually create anything for us all game.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Which formation are you referring to?

It's not the formation, it's the style. 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 we still play the same way, soak up pressure and hit on the break. But at home against struggling teams we need another way of playing. Control the game further up the pitch rather than try and ping balls from our own half.

Back
Top Bottom