Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Brighton (H) Pre-Match Thread!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
1651300114963.jpeg

IT’S MAAAAAATCHDAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!

Here we go again. After the disappointment of last week, Bruno’s boys are back in action looking to kick start the season again. It’s in real danger of fizzling out and ending on a bit of a downer, so let’s hope the players are right up for it today.

Tough one to call this, Brighton seem to be one of them teams who when you think they’ll get beat, they pull of a result and when you reckon they’ll win they get turned over. They’re obviously a decent side but not one we need to be afraid of, we can definitely get a result.

Our job is obviously more difficult without Neves, Podence and Kilman, but to be honest it’s about time someone else stepped up and did something. Whoever Bruno picks I think a lot of players have something to prove, so again let’s cross our fingers that they produce a good performance.

We have a very difficult few games coming up so a win is a must here. We said that against Newcastle and Burnley though and look what happened.

Whether you’re following the match from Wolverhampton, or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads!

COYW!

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Season suddenly feels a bit flat. Few weeks back I felt sick the morning of every fans. Now feel abit meh about it all.

Desperately need a win to keep the season alive. Come on lads.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The team have really got to focus and start on the front foot.
Go for goals from KO.
Don't shun chances that arise.
Take risks.
Come on lads, you know it makes sense!!

Wolves ONLY Wolves.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's a lovely sunny day, had my daughter visit me for a few days and very enjoyable too, and whatever happens at Molineux this afternoon nothing is going to be allowed to get in the way of feeling contented ..... unless I look in on the Comms thread ..... must remember not to do that! Best of luck to all and COYW. :)

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will watch, but not got any great enthusiasm after the last few games. It will probably follow the well-worn path of us having moments of creation, but not taking any, before Brighton gains the initiative and we sit back until the inevitable happens.
Don't think we will qualify for Europe and more concerned that Newcastle overhauls us, especially with our difficult run-in.
Waiting for the end of the season to see what the summer brings!

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember attending games in the 90s with nothing to play for and you just went coz it was wolves, to watch one match in isolation hoping we won

I guess we didn’t have the internet to obsess / worry about all this stuff. You’d just drink heavily before and after the game and get it all off your chest there and then on a Saturday

(Yes always a Saturday)

Lovely

The Pie Poker

Reaction score
My non supporting Wolves mate said our players are on the beach already after last two games.

I thought no chance, we still have loads to play for, but the more I think about it the more I think we are. Anything other than a win today confirms it.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 27730

IT’S MAAAAAATCHDAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!

Here we go again. After the disappointment of last week, Bruno’s boys are back in action looking to kick start the season again. It’s in real danger of fizzling out and ending on a bit of a downer, so let’s hope the players are right up for it today.

Tough one to call this, Brighton seem to be one of them teams who when you think they’ll get beat, they pull of a result and when you reckon they’ll win they get turned over. They’re obviously a decent side but not one we need to be afraid of, we can definitely get a result.

Our job is obviously more difficult without Neves, Podence and Kilman, but to be honest it’s about time someone else stepped up and did something. Whoever Bruno picks I think a lot of players have something to prove, so again let’s cross our fingers that they produce a good performance.

We have a very difficult few games coming up so a win is a must here. We said that against Newcastle and Burnley though and look what happened.

Whether you’re following the match from Wolverhampton, or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads!

COYW!
I forget that Noddy went on to join the Wurzells.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
My non supporting Wolves mate said our players are on the beach already after last two games.

I thought no chance, we still have loads to play for, but the more I think about it the more I think we are. Anything other than a win today confirms it.
I have a mate like that and he too thinks Wolves' players have already got sand between their toes. In some ways that's odd today, because coming from Brighton and with little to play for the Albion should be the team with the sea sapping their willpower.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come on me BABBIES it would be nice to get another win chalked up!!

I fear we could be in for a drab draw or loss but we will see. I’m hoping Lage experiments a little!!

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will watch, but not got any great enthusiasm after the last few games. It will probably follow the well-worn path of us having moments of creation, but not taking any, before Brighton gains the initiative and we sit back until the inevitable happens.
Don't think we will qualify for Europe and more concerned that Newcastle overhauls us, especially with our difficult run-in.
Yes, we have a difficult run-in but Newcastle's isn't easy either: Liverpool (h), Manchester City (a), Arsenal (h) and Burnley (a).

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Nothing to do with the players being on the beach and everything to do with the fact we can’t create anything when Podence and Neves are out.

Bruno has very little to play with and the same players have offered very little in attack this season.

The summer recruitment is will make or break us I feel

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
In full agreement with @kidder_wolf_II
'On the beach' has become something of a football cliche - the sad and simple fact is that none of Jimenez, Hwang, Silva or Trincao are currently worth a starting place. Donk, bless him, will never take a game by the scruff of the neck. Moutinho is increasingly showing the effects of age, Boly would look laid back even in a fight to the death...
As 47,348 Mixers have said, this summer is huge...

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
We have gone a bit flat .We need a pick me up performance .I don’t want the season to just fizzle out .
Come on .Game on

SingYourHeartsOut

"Inglorious"
Reaction score
I really hope Bruno tries something different. The way we are playing with the players we have available and the fixtures we have left, it is obvious that we're not going to finish 7th. So what is the point in doing what we've always done? If ever there was a game to try a 4231 (or frankly anything else that gives us more attacking options) this is it.

In reality expecting a dour 0-0.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember attending games in the 90s with nothing to play for and you just went coz it was wolves, to watch one match in isolation hoping we won

I guess we didn’t have the internet to obsess / worry about all this stuff. You’d just drink heavily before and after the game and get it all off your chest there and then on a Saturday

(Yes always a Saturday)

Lovely
Fair few Sunday games in the 90s to be fair, it was us, Derby and Leicester on ITV most weeks.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Talent wise, in midfield and attack we have very limited options today, I’d probably go as far as to say the squad of available players for this game is weaker than any other over the last four years.

Hoping for a 1-0 win, but not particularly confident.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Well there's one thing that's sure.Yow ay on my party invitations list.:mad:

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good morning losers.

Are we still exploring choke land?

Against Brighton today eh? Should be rivetjng stuff. End to end action and wall to wall kitties.

We suck. But you should still save up for your season tickets. Someone has to pay for Neves' next baby shower.

Does reverse-jinx ever work?

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jesus, if the posada is as crowded as the Manchester train I’m in trouble!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jesus, if the posada is as crowded as the Manchester train I’m in trouble!
Euston is closed all weekend. Marylebone (the only place in London where you can get a train to Brum currently) was "fun" this morning.....

I should get to the game but unlikely to have time for a pre-match beer.....

D

Deleted member drgr12429

I like it. Bruno saying no Neves then suddenly he's playing. He's hoping Brighton set up differently because of that. Sneaky, but nice!
Fabio and Hwang up top doesn't fill me with the same confidence though..

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well there's one thing that's sure.Yow ay on my party invitations list.:mad:
Haha. I think i'm alright at parties where there's booze involved. It's just watching Wolves sober that I have a problem with at the moment. Hopefully, they'll be dynamic, exciting and dominant - but I doubt it. :sweatsmile:

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It took 4 minutes before the commentator tells us how much Fabio cost. A new record.

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Euston is closed all weekend. Marylebone (the only place in London where you can get a train to Brum currently) was "fun" this morning.....

I should get to the game but unlikely to have time for a pre-match beer.....
I’d forgotten about the Euston closure. And, yes, I should imagine that the Chiltern services were packed too

Back
Top Bottom