Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Blackburn After Davis

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you mean Davis? Let him go, get O'Hara back in the team

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Congratulations on spelling a Wolves' player's surname correctly

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you mean Davis? Let him go, get O'Hara back in the team

I wouldn't let O'Hara back in but with Evans, Price, Foley & Edwards we have decent options and If Davies goes I'd hope we bring someone in to replace him.

A

andyc225

If we were able to get a reasonable fee and replacement for him I'd let him go.

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd be inclined to say sell, sell, sell.

He really isn't all that, but then again if we can't then replace him (if we were to get say a million for him there is no doubt there are better players out there than him, but due to the disgusting nature in which this club has been run in the past 2 years it's proving a real problem attracting players of any calibre) and the money just dissapears into a black hole never to be seen again on player reinforcements then what's the point??

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Blackburn offer a decent fee I'd let him go. He's nothing special in my view.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excellent news , another player not good enough who we can move on .

MrJamez

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sell, really average IMO and better players out there.

A

andyc225

If we were to get a million or so for him I think we could replace him with better. He's not particularly strong in the tackle and he has a tendency to switch off. As we saw against Real Betis and against Bristol City last season, he's got a silly mistake in him too.

F

FLEET WOLF

He really isn't all that, but then again if we can't then replace him (if we were to get say a million for him there is no doubt there are better players out there than him, but due to the disgusting nature in which this club has been run in the past 2 years it's proving a real problem attracting players of any calibre) and the money just dissapears into a black hole never to be seen again on player reinforcements then what's the point??

I wouldn't sell him because we probably won't replace him. I am happy for us to get rid of the old guard, but I don't want to see youngsters and relative youngsters going out of the door, unless they are not good enough and they are dropping down a level. I have not seen him enough to comment on his ability and reports about him seem to be mixed.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

+1 . Unless he is replaced with a better standard of Player then there is no point.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
So posters are saying that we sell a very good player to a team in a league above, in order to get some money in.......so then we will bring in?

Jesus wept.......it's this sort of foolish thinking that has us where we are today.

thisisgil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Blackburn have a massive squad. I wonder if a straight swap deal could be on the cards?

I'd be quite happy with Lee Evans stepping in to fill the Davis void on a trial basis until January, at which point he'd have either proven he can make the step up, or would step aside for a new signing.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's nothing special but I'd be wary of selling without a player signed immediately to replace him.

Evans AND Price would worry me!

Foley can do the job mind.

TheStalePolice

Reaction score
It'll never happen. The whole point of our emphasis on youth is to re-coup some of Morgan's investment in the Academy. In other words, Morgan isn't buying new players now because he wants his investment to bear fruit in the Wolves first team. Letting one of them go now is not part of the plan.

Unless it's crazy money, of course (which it won't be).

Love the verb "to eye"!

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
If we have a replacement lined up and they offer us a 7-figure sum, I would snap their hands off. I'd rather play Doumbia, Evans or Foley in that role anyway.

thisisgil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stoke. Olofinjara!!!!!!

To be fair, when he bothered to turn up, Olofinjana was godly. I'll never forget the West Brom play off first leg where he single handedly tore them to shreds.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This should be up to Jackett. If he views Davis as an integral part of his team (which I suspect he does) he should fight to keep him, because trying to find another player he'd be equally happy with in that role this late in the transfer window won't be easy.

The_Blade

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd rather see Doumbia playing than Davis

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I definatly wouldn't sell and can't believe people are suggesting we should. He has improved game on game in a declining side over the last 18 months and was brilliant in his last outing at Small Heath. Davis along with Bathh are the young players we should be building the side around, I am staggered people think otherwise, with people also dismissing Doumbia too I think I will take my grandson and his boots to the first game after the window closes, after all he is younger and looks OK at centre mid for his u10 side.

B

Big George

I'll be surprised if this comes off, but if it's for £1M take it all day

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I definatly wouldn't sell and can't believe people are suggesting we should. He has improved game on game in a declining side over the last 18 months and was brilliant in his last outing at Small Heath. Davis along with Bathh are the young players we should be building the side around, I am staggered people think otherwise, with people also dismissing Doumbia too I think I will take my grandson and his boots to the first game after the window closes, after all he is younger and looks OK at centre mid for his u10 side.

It's typical Wolves fan stuff, moan about not playing the youngsters then write them off once they've played more than a handful of games :rolleyes:

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score

Bang on!.......tis truly astonishing! :dong:

One of our best players and we want him out! :confused:

Meis_Corn

Reaction score
Do.not.sell.

This.

I can't understand why some are so willing to let an academy graduate go, and a decent one at that. Judging by the pre season games, he will be number one centre midfielder this season for Jackett and personally I would much rather Davis play than Foley or Doumbia.

T

Tomasz

Keep him. Young player, plenty of time to improve, decent in the prem', people seem to be slating him due to a couple of off performances pre season?! Mental.

C

cooper_J

Every players has his price.

I've never been overly convinced by Davis to be honest, if we could get anywhere around a million I'd sell providing we had a decent replacement lined up.

That said, what is a million quid? Pays the salaries of Hollywood and RJ for around 3 months.

Reaction score
Money is no good without players, and would we be able to sign better?

Also Davis was looking good at the back end of last season, remember Birmingham away where he was involved in all 3 of our goals.

Back
Top Bottom