Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Black socks

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasnt the reason why we played crap today, but add me to the 'we aye black socks' brigade.

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It looks ****.

I have also noticed when we wear gold socks, they are the same as last seasons, so there is a noticeable difference between the color of the top/socks

****housery to be honest.
So that's why Laurie was booted then? Black socks off Ebay and forgot to colour code the gold/orange /yellow/amber socks ;)

SingYourHeartsOut

"Inglorious"
Reaction score
It looks ****.

I have also noticed when we wear gold socks, they are the same as last seasons, so there is a noticeable difference between the color of the top/socks

****housery or **** hosiery? Is this why that picture of your Mrs in suspenders turned into one of a bungalow?

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

South Bank looked worse on TV, with a mixture of old and new shirts...dreadful colour clash ;)

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It looks ****.

the underlying colour of the new shirt is the same as last seasons. That said I've seen the shirt in the flesh for the first time today, i don't like it at all.

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Can just about live with the black socks but the colour of the collar against the rest of the shirt really looks awful imo.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry to buck the trend but I think they look classy.
Same as when Man U play in black, instead of white shorts.
(Ducks for cover from Forum abuse).

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this sort of chat should be left in Shanghai on the catwalk.

Gold socks??
Checking VAR
Decision
Black socks

**** VAR

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I don’t really mind what colour socks we wear, but the home shirt is absolutely horrible. If Laurie was the one who signed that off no wonder Fosun booted him out.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its ironic that when last seasons strip came out we were in uproar about how 'yellow' the shirt looked (me included). Yet, whether it's the success it brought last season, I wish they kept the same colour and just tweaked it slightly, instead of reverting back to the more 'orange' look this new top has.... and keep old gold socks.

I feel our best shirt colour is somewhere between last seasons colour top, and this seasons. But deffo with old gold socks!

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont mind the black socks, but agree comments bout the shirt. Have seen some other teams shirts with that template and it works with their colours.. our colours it really doesnt

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Its ironic that when last seasons strip came out we were in uproar about how 'yellow' the shirt looked (me included). Yet, whether it's the success it brought last season, I wish they kept the same colour and just tweaked it slightly, instead of reverting back to the more 'orange' look this new top has.... and keep old gold socks.

I feel our best shirt colour is somewhere between last seasons colour top, and this seasons. But deffo with old gold socks!
I loved last years top, it was quite simple but looked classy.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've given it time, and I really don't like them. To me it's too different to what we're used to.
Cosmetically we looked better against Torino.

I know it's all about preferences but gold socks am us.

Black socks ay us.
100% agree

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry to buck the trend but I think they look classy.
Same as when Man U play in black, instead of white shorts.
(Ducks for cover from Forum abuse).
I hate everything and anything to do with that club! **** 'em and all who sail in her. Right glad I got that out of my system, now where are the ice cubes...

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hate everything and anything to do with that club! **** 'em and all who sail in her. Right glad I got that out of my system, now where are the ice cubes...
OOPS, I obviously touched a raw nerve there 'Incognito'. Soz about that!

One of my best mates is a Man U supporter and as he was born AND brought up there, I've forgiven him his huge indiscretion, 're his devotion to the despicable Reds of Manchester!

He also manages to obtain a couple of tickets for the Stretford End, whenever we play them up there.
So can't really complain.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't care about the socks tbh, more worrying is the abomination that is the home top this year...

Tonesterwolf

Reaction score
I've got a theory that the home and away socks were swapped around when they realised the gold socks didn't match the home shirt. Think about it - there is no need for the away kit to have gold socks, we will have to wear black socks at Norwich as the gold will clash with their yellow socks and of course can't wear either kit at Watford.

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I've got a theory that the home and away socks were swapped around when they realised the gold socks didn't match the home shirt. Think about it - there is no need for the away kit to have gold socks, we will have to wear black socks at Norwich as the gold will clash with their yellow socks and of course can't wear either kit at Watford.
I suggested this to my mates as well. The gold socks really don’t match the home shirt (but still look better than black socks).

I think we both probably have too much time on our hands though.

Golden Moth

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We will never win the league with black socks.

By the way, is it really beyond us to find some golden socks that match the shirt when we're away to teams with black socks such as Torino?

Munro Munro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have noticed that the colour of the collar and the rings on the black sosk does not match the gold colour of the shirt, is this intentional or a mistake in the procurement/production of the kit manufacture?. Whatever i feel the gold colour should be consistent throughout the kit.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hate the black socks but it's not a matter of life or death.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
OOPS, I obviously touched a raw nerve there 'Incognito'. Soz about that!

One of my best mates is a Man U supporter and as he was born AND brought up there, I've forgiven him his huge indiscretion, 're his devotion to the despicable Reds of Manchester!

He also manages to obtain a couple of tickets for the Stretford End, whenever we play them up there.
So can't really complain.
I just never liked that club and (living down here in London) the glory-hunting ****ers that follow them! But if you're from Manchester supporting Man U it must be even more annoying. Also, the heat and lack of sleep is making me grumpy!

Last edited:

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should always be gold socks. Black socks look dreadful.

The orange on the kit is also pretty awful. Stick to the gold from last season, Jeff.

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Probably an un-popular opinion, but I don’t mind us mixing it up. I’m a fan of the hooped socks, too. Think adidas should try some as their branding could be worked in nicely.

Green Wolf

Reaction score

The whole lot is a total duck-up. The black socks on the home kit look dire. Should be gold.
The home kit ain't great but tbf, actually from a distance, looks about the colour gold I think is Wolves' gold. Last season was hideous yellow.
The away kit being black is just nonsensical and brings problems when playing Watford. Should be white for all the obvious reasons.

Back
Top Bottom