Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Big Match Revisited - Cardiff vs Wolves

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd love to find that Youtube video of that little Cardiff blogger who started the day with a spring in his step, and ended up doing his nut with his fists clenched.

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will be good this. I cried and ****ed myself when the 2nd penalty hit bar......

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Still remember it vividly. When Ruddy saved the first penalty a guy by me took his top off and wanged it in the air, he missed the second penalty going to look for it. I think as well we talk so much about those penalties you forget how good Rubens free kick was.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not sure I’ve ever seen such a dramatic finish to a match. Our dog still hasn’t recovered. Brilliant. Colin’s rant ... lol ... he’d totally lost it. TBH who could blame him ... if I’d been on the receiving end of that ...

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The last few minutes of that game seemed to last an eternity.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Might as well have a warm-up for the Big Match.

Those last few minutes gave us some great commentary from Mikey Burrows & Andy Thompson. Cavaleiro giving away the second penalty and Thompson shouting 'Why has he gone to ground? Why has he gone to ground Cavaleiro?'. Looking back I think I might have put it a bit stronger.

R

reanswolf

I went for a walk with 7 minutes to go, took Poppy our bichon-freise for a walk, I thought if I go my normal route around the estate it will be finished when I get back. What I didn't expect was to be able to hear people shouting from their living rooms as I walked past their houses, so literally every 30 seconds I heard people shout and scream, men and women, I think I heard the following phrases............"No ****ing way", "Noooooo", "Yes!!!", "unbelievable save", "****ing no-oooooo", "Yes".........................so by the time I got back home I genuinely had no ****ing idea what had happened. My 2 kids were on the doorstep when I got back, the little gits put their thumbs down in unison as soon as they saw me, then they bot h jumped around in celebration and only then did I know we had won.

But if I had had the balls to watch those few minutes I genuinely think it would have killed me. Just incredible. But it capped off a most wonderful season, and that is why 100,000 Wolves fans celebrated in the town on the parade.

I know we are Premiership now, but I will never forget that wonderful season and winning the Championship.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Those last few minutes gave us some great commentary from Mikey Burrows & Andy Thompson. Cavaleiro giving away the second penalty and Thompson shouting 'Why has he gone to ground? Why has he gone to ground Cavaleiro?'. Looking back I think I might have put it a bit stronger.
Phenomenal!

S

ShropshireLad

Still remember it vividly. When Ruddy saved the first penalty a guy by me took his top off and wanged it in the air, he missed the second penalty going to look for it. I think as well we talk so much about those penalties you forget how good Rubens free kick was.
Dean took 11 strides - there’s a story about it on the O/S. Have a look on the “Bennett" thread, jade. ;)

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Was a toss up between watching this, or the Queens speech, did she say anything interesting?
She finished by saying she hoped we make the Champions League ,before disappearing off for a can of Banks’s and a bag of scratchings

S

ShropshireLad

I had a very strong feeling that the pressure would get to him and Hoilett would miss. :)
What a trio of away games: Bristol City, Boro and Cardiff. They’ll live long in the memory. :D

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Fantastic end
Fantastic commentary
Nerves were shot to bits

S

ShropshireLad

See the free kick, Jade. Costa’s miss was poor, I’d forgotten about that...and on 2:59 it looks as though the Cav foul was just outside the box:

JadeWolf

Reaction score
Hopefully it’s good as something like this regularly would be brilliant, especially at the minute!

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's great to watch some football, even if we all know what happens.

Hazza

Reaction score
This is a great format, loving it already

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It sounds like Iwelumo has done some prep for this. Nice to hear an ex-pros opinion as the game is being played.

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I nearly got thrown out of a pub in Farringdon during the penalties

itsmee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mikey Burrows is SO BORING.
Killing this fantastic game.
Barry Douglas as well (yawn)
Just put the match commentary on
Golden opportunity missed, got it do wrong
Making it a yawn fest

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mikey Burrows is SO BORING.
Killing this fantastic game.
Barry Douglas as well (yawn)
Just put the match commentary on
Golden opportunity missed, got it do wrong
Making it a yawn fest
I'm quite enjoying it.
Bonnatini. He was either on it or completely useless

Hazza

Reaction score
I could listen to Neves all night ... I’ve always liked his goal at Sheff Weds

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
GOOOOALLLLLLLLL

Tekkk a boooo Neves. Warnock doesn't look happy, wonder if he'll keep his cool if we win?

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is Iwelumo lucky to have this gig or is that harsh?

I like the concept of the Old Gold Club and some are good but him and Burrows talk a lot of nonsense at times and Iwelumo in particular is talking a lot of rubbish in this.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need a compilation of Saiss' mistimed sliding tackles.

JadeWolf

Reaction score
Hmm not really sure what to make if that. Not sure Mikey and Chris really added much to it, and I say that being a fan of the old gold club.

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could Neves understand a word of what Big Chris was saying?

C

Can't B Arsed Wolf

I found the whole episode totally enjoyable, having watched it back in 18, I think this format, showing the game while chatting to three of the lads who played in it is a damn good idea. There is no live footie at the mo, to do this sort of thing is great. I really don't understand some people who just bloody moan.

R

reanswolf

Agree, listening to Neves speak is wonderful, and agree Boly was also just too good f or the Championship.
But that was one tough game.

Warnock was mental at the end, really should have been fined.

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was looking forward for this but bit boring. Listening to Ruddy talking about the penalties drained the buzz. Yes I am a miserable ******* :)
Just wanted to hear WOLVES HAVE WON WOLVES HAVE WON WOLVES HAVE WON.

Back
Top Bottom