Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

BEST PROMOTED CLUB EVER

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the criteria is ‘ever’ it’s Forest. They came up won the league and went on to double European cups. It’s all very well saying easier then but even so it’s a ridiculous achievement.
I also don’t think we are better than Keegan Newcastle. Where did Blackburn finish when they came up? Still we’re cooler than all of them and with Rui in goal far sexier IMHO.

Lyewolves

Groupie
Reaction score
Didn't sir Alf Ramsey's Ipswich win the second and first division titles in consecutive seasons? That's not been done since.

D

Deleted member 11332

Premier League I'm assuming as Forest under Clough are unbeatable.

to the sheff united debate, we were and are no doubt a better team, they have done it with less backing and miles less quality in my opinion

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But you asked for the best promoted club EVER

So it is relevent and Nottingham Forest fits that 'EVER'

Newly promoted, won the League and only lost 3 games. In fact they went from November 1977 to go on to hold the record for being unbeaten which was finally beaten by Arsenal.
Yes i agree,i should have put ever in the Premier era i guess
Forest and Ipswich were the stand outs in the past no doubt,Newcastle would run us close in the Prem era for football played imo,as i say its subjective ,and all about opinions,as are all football related debates

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Massively over achieved though and got relegated the following year. They weren't that good, just had an unbelievable season
I actually don't think they were that bad but they bought very badly that summer. Thinking Finidi George would settle in Suffolk or wherever they are was their first mistake

D

drewtwulf

Leeds did it too, won tier 2 and the top flight back2back. The very last season of the old first division. Good side they were

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
Leeds did it too, won tier 2 and the top flight back2back. The very last season of the old first division. Good side they were
They didn’t. Got promoted from Division 2, finished 4th or 5th in Division 1, then won it the following season if I remember.

quirky_birky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's difficult, and rather pointless, to compare achievements from different eras. No team will manage what some of those old teams did these days since everything's stacked in favour of the established teams.

Comparing Sheffield United this season to us last season is fair though, but how do you define who's best? Our squad is technically better and potentially better equipped for establishing ourselves in the higher echelons of the game. However Sheffield could potentially beat our seventh place finish of last season. Even if they only match it, they will have done it with fewer resources. However you look at it, it's great for the game.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't Ipswich get promoted and then reach the top 4 one season in the old First Division days? Wolves managed 7th last season with 57 points. Sheff Utd will probably pass that points score this season.
Nottingham forest won the league the year after they were promoted. Surely in with a shout....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Howard Wilkinson? Is he still the last English manager to win the top division? I think so.

Back
Top Bottom