Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bennett - Ultimate Professional

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Whilst nothing has yet happened it certainly appears that Nuno is once again looking for the right upgrade on Ryan Bennett.

Massive respect to Bennett who has been a model professional for 2 seasons now not only for getting his head down but for showing the boss he will fight for his position in the team and contribute massively in our recent successes.

Perhaps a potential Ruben Dias is a step too far for Ryan but one thing is for sure - he'll not whinge or moan, he will try damn hard to keep his place and will likely improve further as a result. Top professional.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like Bennett he’s been mr reliable since we signed him.

I have had a gut feeling all summer that he could be a surprise departure though, It could be a transfer window too soon though but I think by the end of next summer Ruddy, Saiss & Bennett may have been moved on.

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree, but with all competitions we are in this season there will still be plenty of playing time for Ryan, even if we sign Dias.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A bit of a premature thread this. We havent signed anyone to compete with bennett yet. Resume this if we do eh

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Ryan has done superbly for Nuno and us.

Similar to a few others he is well aware of his 'position' in the footballing levels with the demands of the PL and progression. We have helped improve him immensely, for that he will be real grateful.

He will be excellent back-up as he understands the system.....if and when he leaves eventually we will get decent money for him as he will likely go to a good club.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even with the possible arrival of Dias, or another 'upgrade', Bennett will still get plenty of games inc. European football for the first time in his career

He has Nuno's trust and will play when there are suspensions and injuries and will still start in in own right in plenty of games, and any new signing will be given time to settle in and learn the Nuno way

So if our first choice back 3 is Dias - Coady - Boly, Bennett will still play 20-30 games next season

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bennett, Saiss and Ruddy signed new deals knowing what was happening at the club.
Something very admirable about them knowing their place and not moaning like a lot would in their position.

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A bit of a premature thread this. We havent signed anyone to compete with bennett yet. Resume this if we do eh

Sorry thread police but did you read my post? I said it looks as though Nuno is again looking for a replacement, didn't say we had signed one.

Clearly I'm paying compliment to a professional who's position has come under review for 2 pre seasons already and now another. Can't be a nice recurrence but he's a top player and deals with it well.

Time will tell if we do actually replace him.

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
Even if we do sign Dias I wouldn't Write Ryan off. There will be games & opposition where his more no nonsense approach to defending will be very useful.

T

themanwhobuiltthemoon

One thing that you can underestimate is he is our most experienced player in terms of Premier League game time.

He's done ever so well you consider he agreed to sign for us when Paul Lambert was manager. Then a few days after he joined, that safety net of having a manager he knows (and who rates him) left the club.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whatever happens in the transfer window Bennett will still be an important part of the squad. With more games plus possible injuries and suspensions I think he will get plenty of game time.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any new signings that strengthen the squad are great, and whilst players like Bennett, Saiss and Ruddy are still here, you can only assume from how they have been while at Wolves so far, that they will work hard and try and improve t give Nuno selection problems. All good.

E

Eddie's Eagle

He is exactly the type of player you want in and around the first team. His attitude is up there with the best and should be an inspiration for any of the under 23s.

And you can say that about any of our first team. I've not seen such professionalism throughout a Wolves team in my lifetime. I think it is also why there has been no talk of any of our top players leaving this summer.

This group of players want trophies, and I really feel that they all, including our star players, want to do that with us.

I hope Bennett continues to push himself so he can be a part of that success.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
He’s a decent player. He’s also physically strong, good personality, dependable, good looking, and popular with the ladies. I wouldn’t say ultimate, but yes, he is just like me.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ryan is great. I'm sure he's loving it at wolves. Very solid, great pro, great attitude. He's an important member of the squad /team

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With VAR this year I expect many more yellow/red cards. Depth of squad will be of paramount importance this year.

D

Deleted member 4124

Bennett, Saiss and Ruddy signed new deals knowing what was happening at the club.
Something very admirable about them knowing their place and not moaning like a lot would in their position.
I wouldn’t moan about playing time if the club was paying me a brickton of money every week either. Of course, it’s good they aren’t throwing up a fuzz, but they’re doing literally the absolute least expected of them, let’s not pretend they’re superheroes.

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ryan Bennett is our modern-day Neil Emblen - a rock-solid pro who just quietly gets on with it and is a model for anyone to follow. As others have said before, he'd be showered with praise 24/7 if his name were Bennettino. And for that goal at Brizzle alone, he'll live long in Wolves folklore whatever becomes of him. Much like Neil Emblen himself.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn’t moan about playing time if the club was paying me a brickton of money every week either. Of course, it’s good they aren’t throwing up a fuzz, but they’re doing literally the absolute least expected of them, let’s not pretend they’re superheroes.

What do you mean by "least". I would suggest they're doing "exactly" what is asked of them, Nuno wouldn't accept anyone doing the least! Bennett, as much as you refuse to admit it has done far more than expected. Ruddy pulled off some great saves when asked to deputise, and Saiss slotted in well in both defence and midfield when called upon. The fact is we need squad players, and ones that won't cause a problem not being in the team. Neither Ruddy or Saiss caused an issue last year, and should Bennett be upgraded, im sure he will be equally as professional. So i dont think anyone is making out theyre superheroes, just valuable team players.

Bjorn Star

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agreed. Bennett has done well for us - far better than I ever anticipated - but the gushing praise is a little OTT in my opinion.

D

Deleted member 4152

Okresh showing us his blind spot again.

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What do you mean by "least". I would suggest they're doing "exactly" what is asked of them, Nuno wouldn't accept anyone doing the least! Bennett, as much as you refuse to admit it has done far more than expected. Ruddy pulled off some great saves when asked to deputise, and Saiss slotted in well in both defence and midfield when called upon. The fact is we need squad players, and ones that won't cause a problem not being in the team. Neither Ruddy or Saiss caused an issue last year, and should Bennett be upgraded, im sure he will be equally as professional. So i dont think anyone is making out theyre superheroes, just valuable team players.

You're both making pretty much the same point, just quibbling over how to describe their level of professionalism

Whether they're doing exactly what's expected, or least expected of them, they're not going above and beyond to warrant the label of 'ultimate professional'

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst nothing has yet happened it certainly appears that Nuno is once again looking for the right upgrade on Ryan Bennett.

Massive respect to Bennett who has been a model professional for 2 seasons now not only for getting his head down but for showing the boss he will fight for his position in the team and contribute massively in our recent successes.

Perhaps a potential Ruben Dias is a step too far for Ryan but one thing is for sure - he'll not whinge or moan, he will try damn hard to keep his place and will likely improve further as a result. Top professional.
Absolutely love him but would hate to see him go because there is more to come from him as he gains experience.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You're both making pretty much the same point, just quibbling over how to describe their level of professionalism

Whether they're doing exactly what's expected, or least expected of them, they're not going above and beyond to warrant the label of 'ultimate professional'

I in no way am making the point they have done the least. Im specifically arguing against it. "Doing literally the absolute least" is nothing like doing exactly what is expected of them as i doubt Nuno accepts anything less than 100%

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Calmness personified. Rocked up and rolled it straight down the middle on the ground. Big set of nuts on him to do that :D

Hope he’s going nowhere, very good player.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely love him but would hate to see him go because there is more to come from him as he gains experience.
Bang on. A very valuable member of the squad with loads more to offer.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rock solid on Saturday, possibly the best of the three, with Coady close to being sent off and Boly putting his foot through it at times.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't fault him.
He has more than made up for the transfer fee we paid for him :rolleyes:
In fact, if you consider value for money spent, he is our most valuable player.

When one considers how much a player of quality able to play in the premier costs in transfer fees, he is the equivalent of winning the lottery.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

They probably can't believe their luck. Not to say they haven't earnt it and contributed just as much as any one else. But when they left Norwich on frees I bet neither Bennett or Ruddy expected the next few years to be as good as they have been. They both easily could have been stuck in Championship teams (and Championship wages to match) right now.

Back
Top Bottom