Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Benitez

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be honest I was expecting the fans to be worse. All I heard in the south bank was booing when he had the ball and a couple of chants.

If that upsets the little flower god knows what he'll do if they play Sunderland.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also there is poor reporting by the Telegraph in that article. "after being accused of referring to Wolves midfielder Romain Saiss".
Correct me if I am wrong but he was found guilty by the FA; therefore 'no accused' about it.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought he got away pretty lightly really. I've seen far worse stick handed out.
Perhaps we'll all get a fine and banned fir a few games for not being kind and understanding.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't believe it. Benitez needs to man up. The guy was found gulty of racial abuse towards one of our players. So the fans booed him everytime he got the ball? Grow up Benitez. He got off very lightly in my opinion if all we did was boo him.

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolute nonsense to think that the FA could possibly control what 20,000 fans are saying towards a player.

He should realise that it's so much easier to control just the one. You know, the one foul mouthed racist idiot in his team that caused all this in the first place.
In this day and age, when racist remarks are thankfully starting to be a thing of the past, fair play to Wolves fans for showing him the error of his ways and what we stand for.

Go do one Rafa.

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After going to St James Park for the away league match he was probably shocked that there was an actual atmosphere.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For any fans of those clubs Newcastle has to play, he has pretty much said it affects his performance, therefore go all out and wind him up.

People talk in football I'm sure a few players will mention the situation to him to see if he reacts.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From his clear lack of remorse shown by his actions at the end the FA should have a rethink about the length of his ban, clearly it wasn't long enough for him to understand the impact of his behaviour.

I'm not a fan of the role model stuff, i.e. throwing the book at players for the things they do on social media or off the pitch, but on the pitch to a fellow professional is completely different.

Derby Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When he had that corner the Tv picked up the North Bank chanting "you dirty racist *******" Someone show Benitez him what happened to Lee Hughes before... much less Port Vale away.

"Sure, he's racially abused their lad but c'mon! Hes still a human being"

Do one.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

ShropshireLad

What goes around comes around. Footballers REALLY need to learn this. If they give it they have to be prepared to take it...from the fans. Trouble is, many of them aren't that very well endowed with grey cells so they have to learn the hard way.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What amazes me is that Benitez and Lacelles go on like he's done nothing wrong. If you're going to be racist, get caught doing it and not bother appealing because deep down you know you're guilty then deal with a few fans telling you what you are. Precious little souls.

Last edited:

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is Benitez taking the ****? What a tit!

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
It would just be likely for Benitez to ask his board to take this further and then the suits will come up with some ruling from way back when Adam was a lad that would see us being charged with not controlling our fans in the way that FIFA and UEFA make similar such absurd rulings.
Benitez will feel justified and we will be the ones branded as the bad eggs.
Nothing surprises me in football anymore.

D

Deleted member 5242

There is a time to defend your players and a time to hold your hands up and admit they have done wrong. This is the latter.

Is there a possibility he will be asked to explain his comments as a player would who spouts off on social media?

D

Deleted member 4594

Before we all get up in arms, he doesn't actually "urge" the FA to look at anything. He also doesn't "demand action" as the e+s put it. Stupid thing to say by Benitez but I think it's time to forget it now.
Also quite amusing that calling Saiss an Arab is racist, despite him being from an Arabic country, but it's fine for the OP to call Benitez a fat Spanish waiter!!
Bored of this now.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Perhaps we should have sung
'Jonjo Shelvey you are a bounder a rotter and a cad dear boy'

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Zero class from Newcastle United over this whole Shelvey affair. Perhaps the FA should be asked to investigate Mitrovic's actions during Saturdays game or maybe even Rafas diet?
I have had a soft spot for Newcastle but have now lost all respect for them.

Last edited:
S

ShropshireLad

Zero class from Newcastle United over this whole Shelvey affair. Perhaps the FA should be asked to investigate Mitrovic's actions during Saturdays game or maybe even the fat Spanish waiters diet?
I have had a soft spot for Newcastle but have now lost all respect for them.
I feel the same way but it's Benitez who's at the heart of it. Toon fans are a good bunch but the players have become dirty and sneaky and Benitez has a big gob. He also spoiled Liverpool and turned them into a negative bunch of moaning ****s.

Wolowolf6

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just another example of the ever-widening gap between players and fans.

I just hope we didn't hurt the racist thugs feelings too much.

S

ShropshireLad

Apart from the bit where he thinks it's unlikely NUFC will be playing Wolves in the near future. Cheeky chap!
I'm hoping they won't go up and Benitez ****s off in the summer.

To be fair, he makes a point I'm now resigned to...sadly. :(

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Before we all get up in arms, he doesn't actually "urge" the FA to look at anything. He also doesn't "demand action" as the e+s put it. Stupid thing to say by Benitez but I think it's time to forget it now.
Also quite amusing that calling Saiss an Arab is racist, despite him being from an Arabic country, but it's fine for the OP to call Benitez a fat Spanish waiter!!
Bored of this now.

Agreed. Title edited.

E

Edgmond Wolf

Bored of this now.

To be fair Brightside we did give Shelvey some stick, well deserved I might add on Saturday.

I will not post what we shouted at him numerous times but you were in the same stand and near to me to hear it :D

Storm in a tea cup...move along

D

Deleted member 4594

To be fair Brightside we did give Shelvey some stick, well deserved I might add on Saturday.

I will not post what we shouted at him numerous times but you were in the same stand and near to me to hear it :D

Storm in a tea cup...move along
:D Agreed mate!!

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its just rafa being a good manager and letting his player(s) know he's on their side and provides a deflection from any talk of mitrovic. Whilst his comments are stupid, this is par for the course at the level he's used to managing at so I wouldn't attribute any malice or even earnest meaning behind his words, to him it's just part of the game.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this is really something about nothing.
Forget it and concentrate on beating Wigan!
Who is this Shelvey anyway??

D

Deleted member 4023

Absolute *******s - The guy was quite rightly suspended - Benitez could've chosen not to play him - He knew exactly what he was doing. He was looking to stir up some **** to help them win what they knew was a potential banana skin of a game.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Benitez trying to distract from a poor display when a man that should not have been on the pitch scored the only goal.

How to avoid a negative slant on a poor performance ? Dictate the headlines !

Back
Top Bottom