Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Behind Closed Doors - Who benefits

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was thinking, if we do go to playing behind closed doors who benefits the most? I can see home advantage going with no crowd to be the 12th man. Possibly a benefit for Thursday.

But I was wondering does it benefit the football plying teams rather than the high press teams who are running on Adrenalin and crowd passion? Or will it be a leveller eg. Wolves lose the benefit of Molineux and that drops our performance by 5% whilst removing the fear from the opposition.

Boon2

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Behind closed doors seems to assume that players and staff are immune which obviously isn't true.

citrus_wolf

Reaction score
In the league we've won 22 points at home... And 21 away from home (in 1 less game).

Plus we've got a similar goal difference home and away!

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My hope is that we will benefit massively on Thursday with no crowd and the Govt here says matches can go ahead as normal so we benefit again with a rocking Molineux. I think , at some stage before the end of the season, we will have empty ground matches here, mainly so the season can be completed. Not sure what happens about the FA Cup Final and the final in Gdansk? Surely you can't play these behind closed doors? Unless they are played at a later date or for the EL final it is played in a 'safe' country, if one exists, which I doubt come May. At this time it is hard to see how all this will pan out.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seriously,
Maybe Nuno should do training at Molineux instead of Compton to let the lads get familiar with the lack of atmosphere and empty stands.

Last edited:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The ****... They play in front of at least partly empty stands all the time at the Peepoorthorns..

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe Nuno should do training at Molineux instead of Compton to let the lads get familiar with the lack of atmosphere and empty stands.
Thought this was an ill conceived joke at first..then got the gist of it ..!

Back
Top Bottom