Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

BBC Radio 5 Decide " No Time For Classified Results "

bigbluewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm afraid this does boil my ****. Some like to tinker with our game and then find reason to justify its need.

I'm still waiting for a explanation on why we play FA Cup Semi-Finals at Wembley..............
To generate revenue to pay for Wembley. But you probably knew that anyway.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for a explanation on why we play FA Cup Semi-Finals at Wembley..............
The FA are still paying for the utter farce that is Wembley 2.0, into 2024. Wouldn't put it past them to keep the semi-Finals there after that, though.
"Well, they've been played at Wembley for 16 years, so it's tradition now... right?"

Bradmore Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Your post on 30 July is another example. If you understand the sentiment, the total accuracy is not a matter of life and death.

That is my last comment on the matter since, to quote Supergran, I cba!
30th July was picking up on a spelling mistake on a thread about grammar/spelling etc etc...perfectly reasonable pithy response I would have thought? But as you say, no more to be said on it. Cheers

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The FA are still paying for the utter farce that is Wembley 2.0, into 2024. Wouldn't put it past them to keep the semi-Finals there after that, though.
"Well, they've been played at Wembley for 16 years, so it's tradition now... right?"
I think that is a given.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Having started this thread ranting about the passing of the football scores, I accept that the end of that tradition is coming as quite rightly young kids like your son will no longer require it. Part of the football results being read out was pre-lottery millions did the football pools and it was the other escape from reality on a Saturday the hope that you could retire :) :) :) Most had a rough idea of which teams we had picked as draws and to hear if telephone claims were required for 23 or more points !!!!

I think my anger with the decision has as much to do with the fact in that half hour now between 5 and 5.30 I will be subjected to moaning minnies like Klopp. Pep and others moaning about too many fixtures ( I will not because it will get turned off ) despite signing the multi-million pound deals knowing what being an EPL Coach entails and jetting off to Japan and Australia for pre-season games then saying the players are tired from to much travel ! So if I am faced with listening to that our hearing how Bonnyrigg Rose got on at Stranraer then I know which I want to hear.

Like I say though you make a very fair point and I accept that it will die out or as the BBC have decided has died out !
Cynical marketing ploy!

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
This should have a massive audience, given how many people claim to listen to them!
Altgough most of them claim to have listened about 40 years ago rather than now. I reckon they should just have not mentioned it and seen if anyone noticed!

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Altgough most of them claim to have listened about 40 years ago rather than now. I reckon they should just have not mentioned it and seen if anyone noticed!
Funnily enough, I was reading about how it was announced yesterday. When the BBC originally tweeted about it, they had 5 replies complaining about it for 24 hours. Then it was picked up by the Daily Mail and publicised, then spread to other similar media outlets and the outrage began. Some of it was genuine from some football fans but a lot of it was from the defund the BBC crowd, who apparently don't watch or listen to the BBC anyway. You're right, they should have quietly dropped it and there would be no outrage.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Funnily enough, I was reading about how it was announced yesterday. When the BBC originally tweeted about it, they had 5 replies complaining about it for 24 hours. Then it was picked up by the Daily Mail and publicised, then spread to other similar media outlets and the outrage began. Some of it was genuine from some football fans but a lot of it was from the defund the BBC crowd, who apparently don't watch or listen to the BBC anyway. You're right, they should have quietly dropped it and there would be no outrage.
"In a change to our advertised programming, here's five more minutes discussing Liverpool".

Back
Top Bottom