Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

BBC Article on Wolves

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All I can say is WOW!

Wolves' domination - Championship stats 2017-18 - WolvesRank(Opta)
Goals 78 1st
Goals conceded 36 2nd
Home wins 16 1st
Away wins 13 1st
Shots on target 204 3rd
Goal conversion 18% 1st
Total passes 21,531 2nd
Successful passes 17,575 2nd
Assists 56 1st
Clean sheets 22 1st

Home goals 1st
Away goals 2nd
Home goals conceded 4th
Away goals conceded 1st

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unbelievable Jeff

Good article from the BBC there, no propaganda just the facts and well written. Great quotes from the club too and hopefully that will put all the noise to bed. Would still like a statement from the PL or the EFL saying we're guilty of nothing other than having a good idea

Only our heyday, and maybe the 70's can get near this. Best time to be a Wolves fan in most of our lifetimes. We deserve it so lets just enjoy every rumour, every statement of ambition, every win. Great stuff

I'm not going to get much work done this summer!

Novawolf1

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A thorough article full of perspective which, as others have said, should hopefully stem the soundbites and anti Mendes allegations...

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are clearly big plans for the club, and one can only wonder where we will be in ten years time?

The Runner

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Those last 3 paragraphs. Bloody hell.

"The only thing we had to sort out when we came was the first team. Now we have done that, we can do something really special," Shi said.

"But this is a long-term thing and it is not only about the first team.

"It is about the facilities, the academy, the stadium, everything to help make the club one of the best in the world. That is our vision."

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Those last 3 paragraphs. Bloody hell.

"The only thing we had to sort out when we came was the first team. Now we have done that, we can do something really special," Shi said.

"But this is a long-term thing and it is not only about the first team.

"It is about the facilities, the academy, the stadium, everything to help make the club one of the best in the world. That is our vision."
I've liked Jeff ever since the early PC when he gave Moxey 'The Stare' after the greasy one tried to put words in his mouth.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were 2nd in both passes and successful passes. Who was better than us then?

Huge of Sharjah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We were 2nd in both passes and successful passes. Who was better than us then?

Someone had written 'Cardiff' in blue crayon... but i have my doubts if that's officially correct (even though it does say "...this is officially correct" - also in blue crayon - after "Cardiff")

dennison11

Reaction score
Unbelievable Jeff

Good article from the BBC there, no propaganda just the facts and well written. Great quotes from the club too and hopefully that will put all the noise to bed. Would still like a statement from the PL or the EFL saying we're guilty of nothing other than having a good idea
TBF to the PL & EFL, when the Leeds owner went off on one against us they did say that there was nothing further to add apart from what was said when the takeover happened. Basically, nothing to see here, move along.

K

KiwiWolf

Man City. First season back in the Prem.

2002-2003
W 15 D 6 L17
Finished 9th

They are currently the benchmark. If we do that next season I’ll be ecstatic!

WetheralWolf

Reaction score
Those stats are amazing and we are lucky to be in such a position. A lot of teams/fans are looking on with envy and awe!!

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Man City. First season back in the Prem.

2002-2003
W 15 D 6 L17
Finished 9th

They are currently the benchmark. If we do that next season I’ll be ecstatic!
If you look at the Prem lg table Leicester are 8th, pl 33 pts 43 = 1.3 pts per game. Surely we can do better than that? Even taking the Reans' approach , if you lose all games to the top 6 sides and beat the others just once that gives you 39 pts, which pretty much ensures safety. The more I look at it the more convinced I am that we will finish above top 10, possible as high as 7th or 8th.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A really fine article by the BBC.

As well as the statistics I loved this little gem....

"With Fosun's money, Shi's quiet authority, Mendes' nous and Nuno's management, the possibilities for Wolves appear endless."

Says it all really! ;)

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you look at the Prem lg table Leicester are 8th, pl 33 pts 43 = 1.3 pts per game. Surely we can do better than that? Even taking the Reans' approach , if you lose all games to the top 6 sides and beat the others just once that gives you 39 pts, which pretty much ensures safety. The more I look at it the more convinced I am that we will finish above top 10, possible as high as 7th or 8th.

With the squad we have and the players we will bring in I can see 7th - 9th in our first season back ( plus a league cup run).

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
That's a good write up by Simon Stone, worth the read.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To finish anywhere in the top half would be an excellent result for our first season back in the PL. :);)

Back
Top Bottom