Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ball boy ejected?

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I sit in the North Bank and what I saw it appeared the ball boy got removed from his post due to his little issue with the Hull management team. Does anybody know if this happened or what the actual outcome was?

D

Deleted member 4453

I'm sure I saw him get "sent off" so to speak. Fair play to the kid, what we all need to see. Hull can do one.

D

Deleted member TW5162

-

Last edited by a moderator:

TeddyWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I didn't see him give them the V's. It looked like he was saying we're No.1 or we're going up. He used index finger not middle finger BTW.

wolvesdb

Groupie
Reaction score
A few years ago the Swansea City ball boy was timewasting and Hazard got sent off for Chelsea. On that occassion everyone suggested that the ball boy shouldn't be time wasting etc.

This time the opposite has happened where one of the coaching staff from a visiting team is trying to time waste and the ball boy is trying to get the ball back into play quickly. There are conflicting reports about whether he flicked his V's or whether he had 1 finger up to suggest we are first in the league. Saying we are 1st in the league would hardly be worthy of a ban!

wolvesdb

Groupie
Reaction score
Others have also said the ball boy only put up one finger (in a way to suggest he was counting rather than a middle finger) as well.

HKWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I didn’t see this, but well done to the kid if he took it upon himself to halt the time wasting. It was an absolute joke last night, and to only add 4 minutes of injury time at the end, the ref was having a laugh.

Never mind this kid being banned, he should be reinstated immediately, and he should be rewarded for not only going beyond the call of duty, but for doing the right thing, trying to help his club, showing passion and above all for having balls. He should be seen as a role model for all ball boys and Wolves need to tell Hull to **** off and support him.

If you are reading, good lad and we need more of your type.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Immediately after the incident I saw the fourth official call over a Wolves official, I think it was the one who looks after the ref and stands at the end of the players tunnel they had a very short discussion and then I saw him go over to someone else and that person went to the bellboy who was removed and walked in front of the north bank to the exit in between the NB and SBull stand.
IMO no way should he be banned he was doing his job by getting the ball back into play

D

Deleted member 4456

A few years ago the Swansea City ball boy was timewasting and Hazard got sent off for Chelsea. On that occassion everyone suggested that the ball boy shouldn't be time wasting etc.

This time the opposite has happened where one of the coaching staff from a visiting team is trying to time waste and the ball boy is trying to get the ball back into play quickly. There are conflicting reports about whether he flicked his V's or whether he had 1 finger up to suggest we are first in the league. Saying we are 1st in the league would hardly be worthy of a ban!
What they didn't tell you was, that ball boy was a relative of the chairman; his grandson or nephew or something.

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Be nice if Nuno intervened and put a bit of pressure on within the club to get him reinstated. All the lad did was show a bit of passion while doing his actual job. Nuno himself has been known to overstep the mark in the heat of the moment. Come on Nuno, exert a bit of influence!

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
I didn't see him give them the V's. It looked like he was saying we're No.1 or we're going up. He used index finger not middle finger BTW.

Yes that's what I saw, definitely no flicking the v's.

If sacked as a ball boy he should reinstated. Shame on wolves if they don't back him.

D

Deleted member 4594

Aren’t the ball boys players from the academy or have I dreamt that?

B

Benson

We cant have ball boys interfering with the game or getting in arguments with the away team. They are a kind of officials and must act neutral. We can understand him and we can love him, but we cant say Wolves did wrong to eject him. But he should not have to be walked out in front of the crowd - not the correct way to treat a youngster, in my opinion.

D

Deleted member 4023

There will be some crazy rule somewhere about ballboys & other types of staff - what they can & cannot do during a game. No doubt Wolves will have to be seen to follow this rule. Adkins & his assistants knew what they were doing - it was just a pity that the spineless referee didn't.
I hope that the club do not impose a long ban on the lad - it was never a 'sending off' offence - more deserving of a yellow.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We cant have ball boys interfering with the game or getting in arguments with the away team. They are a kind of officials and must act neutral. We can understand him and we can love him, but we cant say Wolves did wrong to eject him. But he should not have to be walked out in front of the crowd - not the correct way to treat a youngster, in my opinion.

Doesn’t this demonstrate how bad the officials are when a ball boy feels the need to intervene !!!!!!

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Immediately after the incident I saw the fourth official call over a Wolves official, I think it was the one who looks after the ref and stands at the end of the players tunnel they had a very short discussion and then I saw him go over to someone else and that person went to the bellboy who was removed and walked in front of the north bank to the exit in between the NB and SBull stand.
IMO no way should he be banned he was doing his job by getting the ball back into play

Isn't he an attendant in a hotel ? :)

Finch3d

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I saw the boss of the ball boys point to the exit and made the lad walk in front of the NB on his own to the exit. Luckily the crowd was on his side and cheered and applauded him. What if it was boo's? imagine the humiliation for the boy made to walk it on his own. Luckily that wasn't the case but still very badly handled by who ever the bloke was in charge of them. I hope the club reinstate him swiftly... if he wants to come back that is.

Wombat

Groupie
Reaction score
The ball boy shoved the Hull coach in the back so he will be banned and quite rightly so. You cannot have people attacked in the heat of the moment like this.

D

Deleted member 4257

Hull are in the wrong here, timewasting is breaking the rules and the ball boy was stepping in when the ref was just letting it happen.

D

Deleted member 4023

The ball boy shoved the Hull coach in the back so he will be banned and quite rightly so. You cannot have people attacked in the heat of the moment like this.

Good job I wasn't the ballboy - can't stand Adkins

D

Deleted member 4023

Signed - almost 800 fans agree he should be reinstated

Back
Top Bottom