Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Avoid footballing negativity

D

Deleted member LP 3925

Cheers Gingey. There’s dozens of posters on here who I really like and the quality of what they post. It is great to have contradictory opinions to make a forum work, but I hate to see so many of us struggling to maintain our forum sanity against this weight of misery. There’s a significant number of posters who are dominating with either their negativity, their irrational ‘pant-wetting’ or their need to be heard. A handful is fine and the norm, but it’s been above this level for a long time and it is taking its toll on the feel of the forum.
It’s not easy for the moderators to act as it’s not offensive and gets reactions, which is why it’s easier to act on threads such as The Chill Out Zone, even though it is obviously a counteractive response to the overbearing misery.
Without balance, The Mix is presenting more like twitter or some of the other Wolves fora; just a vent for angst or WUMs.
It’s frustrating. Which is why I’m waging my light-hearted campaign/****-taking.
#mergethemisery

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cheers Gingey. There’s dozens of posters on here who I really like and the quality of what they post. It is great to have contradictory opinions to make a forum work, but I hate to see so many of us struggling to maintain our forum sanity against this weight of misery. There’s a significant number of posters who are dominating with either their negativity, their irrational ‘pant-wetting’ or their need to be heard. A handful is fine and the norm, but it’s been above this level for a long time and it is taking its toll on the feel of the forum.
It’s not easy for the moderators to act as it’s not offensive and gets reactions, which is why it’s easier to act on threads such as The Chill Out Zone, even though it is obviously a counteractive response to the overbearing misery.
Without balance, The Mix is presenting more like twitter or some of the other Wolves fora; just a vent for angst or WUMs.
It’s frustrating. Which is why I’m waging my light-hearted campaign/****-taking.
#mergethemisery
Power to your elbow.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On a positive note, there's no desire to spend many hours a week on this forum. It was a highly addictive place for the best part of two and a half years - and interfered with more important matters - but is now largely a place to avoid.

In, quick scan, drop a few comments, off to enjoy life.

Tezthewolvesfan

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On a positive note, there's no desire to spend many hours a week on this forum. It was a highly addictive place for the best part of two and a half years - and interfered with more important matters - but is now largely a place to avoid.

In, quick scan, drop a few comments, off to enjoy life.
Spot on. Used love it on here, now its just drivel.......especially the match day thread.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hadn’t realised it moved. Enjoyed popping in there to avoid the doom. As another poster mentioned, I’ve spent less time on here and now avoid it during and after a match regardless of the result.

We lose and the verdict thread is huge with several threads then created moaning about everything under the sun. We win, and this place goes quiet, the verdict thread nothing more an a few pages.

I do recommend avoiding it sometimes.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think there are less DOOM and GLOOM posts than some think. I mentioned this before......some readers are mixing up reasonable, valid and measured criticism as being OTT.
The Mix is not a Rose garden, a Kumbya love in or a blinker-wearing-collection of fans.
Its ok to think that Nuno is not infallible or this player or that player could have done better.

Is there too much exaggeration and overly sensitive responses on the Mix? Are there a few overly negative posters .....maybe.......but it’s just a few, surely?
Most of us are football normal fans, who by definition are a very emotional lot. Just go with the flow. We can’t always be feeling EXACTLY the same.

Last edited:

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think there are less DOOM and GLOOM posts than some think. I mentioned this before......some readers are mixing up reasonable, valid and measured criticism as being OTT.
The Mix is not a Rose garden, a Kumbya love in or a blinker-wearing-collection of fans.
Its ok to think that Nuno is not infallible or this player or that player could have done better.

Is there too much exaggeration and overly sensitive responses on the Mix? Are there a few overly negative posters .....maybe.......but it’s just a few, surely?
Most of us are football normal fans, who by definition are a very emotional lot. Just go with the flow. We can’t always be feeling EXACTLY the same.

Add the virus pandemic and the other epidemic of ridiculous rule changes and poor VAR decisions, no surprose it boils over. The penalty against Kilman was close to the most sickening decision I've ever seen against us. I mean literally sickening in that I felt sick, just couldn't believe it would be given. Pushes you to the edge of caring about it any more.

There are just so many awful decisions though, here's something curious. I always used to laugh when our rivals had a bad decision against them. But both Albion and Villa have had sickeners against them and I felt for them too - nowhere near as much as for us obviously - but in the past I'd have not cared at all. The game has become that bad in so many ways. It may be that in terms of "us against them" , it feels like "them" is the big 6 and the repulsive media circus of hangers on they have. Where "us" is everyone else, including our rivals.

In the championship you are far away from all that. For tomorrows match, I have a strange feeling of dread that I've never had before. A dread of more arbitrary decisions against us deciding the match, because it seems this is how so many matches are going now and I hate it.

So that's an excuse for my negativity! Its' around the game and situation in general, nothing to do with Wolves specifically. Grind out a boring 1-0 win at Anfield and I will be utterly delighted. :p

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Add the virus pandemic and the other epidemic of ridiculous rule changes and poor VAR decisions, no surprose it boils over. The penalty against Kilman was close to the most sickening decision I've ever seen against us. I mean literally sickening in that I felt sick, just couldn't believe it would be given. Pushes you to the edge of caring about it any more.

There are just so many awful decisions though, here's something curious. I always used to laugh when our rivals had a bad decision against them. But both Albion and Villa have had sickeners against them and I felt for them too - nowhere near as much as for us obviously - but in the past I'd have not cared at all. The game has become that bad in so many ways. It may be that in terms of "us against them" , it feels like "them" is the big 6 and the repulsive media circus of hangers on they have. Where "us" is everyone else, including our rivals.

In the championship you are far away from all that. For tomorrows match, I have a strange feeling of dread that I've never had before. A dread of more arbitrary decisions against us deciding the match, because it seems this is how so many matches are going now and I hate it.

So that's an excuse for my negativity! Its' around the game and situation in general, nothing to do with Wolves specifically. Grind out a boring 1-0 win at Anfield and I will be utterly delighted. :p
No kidding, I have already reserved a seat at the bar in the chill out thread because I too am not overly optimistic about this game......especially after the way we played Leicester.
But lets get back to you.....you may be a tad negative but not Doom and Gloom. I think that the difference @reanswolf was making with this thread.

R

reanswolf

People should be able to discuss tactics and player roles without being accused of being negative. I accept (as I have done already) that repetition is something I have been guilty of. Even though its a genuine issue which sadly will continue I believe until addressed. Lots of people repeatedly make their point.

I've let the air settle, but my 'slaughtered' poll yesterday may have been detested (and I do get why), but it was actually meant to be a 'positive' - to show that despite all the accusations, people remained firmly behind the big man - 97% did.

It proved that discussing, or disagreeing with parts of Nuno's tactics / strategy does not = wanting a change of manager. So that's that theory dispelled at least, and its hopefully removed that negative slant slung around on here.

A positive!!

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think there is less doom and gloom than people are saying, but people are affected (me included) by the lockdown, often without them even realising they are. A lot of nastiness and irrationality about in comments from posters not normally like that.
Definitely agree with the last sentence. I'm much less tolerant than my usual placid self

Back
Top Bottom