Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

At Their Best With Wolves...

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will be brutally honest here. We do have some very good players but the term ' world class' probably applies to the likes of Man City and Liverpool players and not most of ours. We have very good players within the squad but I would say not world class.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Outside of City and Liverpool and a handful of players at the other Big 6 sides (Kane, Son, Fernandes come to mind) I don't think there is another WC player in the Prem. At least no one comes to mind, certainly none at Wolves. I think WC needs to be attributed to very few players otherwise it just becomes silly. Jota has the potential to become WC but only because he is playing and training alongside WC players. Neto the same for me but he needs to move to a big club to fulfil his undoubted potential.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Only world class players in the Premier league are Ronaldo, De-bruyne and Van Dyke, others have potential to be or are very good imo
Salah, Ederson/Allison as well for sure for me.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd argue Fabinho and Rodri are world class as well and Laporte.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I'd argue Fabinho and Rodri are world class as well.
Trent and Andy Robertson are as well IMO. Their production is frightening. Trent a good 1v1 defender now but positioning is poor but his attacking creativity is otherworldly

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I 'd also argue Robertson at Liverpool is world class. Not many better left backs than him in world football when you look at his assists etc.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Would love to the hear the argument against those numbers

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220512_195900_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220512_195900_com.android.chrome.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 42

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Won't find any argument from me. Don't see how anyone can say he's not one of the top 5 forwards in the world.
Ronaldo, Messi, mpappe, lewandowski, Benzima, that's just in Europe, then possibly Haaland?

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
who would you consider "world class"?

Moutinho? Neves? Raul? Rui?

Any of them, none of them? Anyone else?
None, but then my barometer for "world class" is different to some. Neves could go on to be, and at their best, Moutinho and Raúl wouldn't be too far off - I'd definitely class them as elite. We do have some potentially world class players though, notably Neto and Ait-Nouri

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Ronaldo, Messi, mpappe, lewandowski, Benzima, that's just in Europe, then possibly Haaland?
Salah is better than Ronaldo no question and probably Messi as well at this point and Haaland, Benzema and Lewandowski don't play same position. Wide forward and striker different

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'd define world class as been in the top 10 in there positions in the world,

We have some very very good players but none of them are what I'd define as "world class"

I'd probably say VVD, KDB, Salah, Kane, Son, Kante, Cancelo, Dias, Ronaldo are players which are world class in our league.... I have missed a few out who I just can't think of off the top of my head.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Wolves lads mentioned 'are' World class compared to previous Wolves players we've had over the last 40 years.

Now comparison with the Eilte teams, they are just classed as either good players with potential or very good players that were near the top shelf.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Salah is better than Ronaldo no question and probably Messi as well at this point and Haaland, Benzema and Lewandowski don't play same position. Wide forward and striker different
Read the message I was responding too?

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah I did, Salah is better than Ronaldo and Messi and doesn't play the same position as the other 3
Well re-read it, the poster stated he was in the top five forwards in the world, I named 5 I thought who was ahead of him in Europe?

But footballs all about opinions, you may think differently, but your wrong :)

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Well re-read it, the poster stated he was in the top five forwards in the world, I named 6 I thought who was ahead of him in Europe?

I mean I'm definitely not named wrong.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well re-read it, the poster stated he was in the top five forwards in the world, I named 5 I thought who was ahead of him in Europe?

In fairness at this stage I think Salah is better than Messi, who is probably the only player you picked who plays the same position.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Define world class?
And this is the thing, it's subjective as to how high you have the bar. I remember reading a write up by Terry Venables before a major tournament, he said he started listing England's 'world class' midfielders, and had to stop at... sixteen!! (But he included Lee Bowyer!)

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's all semantics really, and in my opinion we don't have any WC players. The level below, which I'd call elite would definitely be for Neves and Raul (in his first 2 seasons with us). Aside from those, I don't think any of our squad comes under those. Jota does now (between elite and WC), but not whilst playing for us.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's all semantics really, and in my opinion we don't have any WC players. The level below, which I'd call elite would definitely be for Neves and Raul (in his first 2 seasons with us). Aside from those, I don't think any of our squad comes under those. Jota does now (between elite and WC), but not whilst playing for us.

There is a big difference between world class and elite players, world class is what KDB did the other night only a handful of players can run a game like that,

There are plenty of good players in the league but only a handful can do what he does.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, with world class meaning "among the best in the world at what they do", I think I'd agree with the person saying top 3-5 in their position in the world.

So if we think there's 55 world class players in the world, then given the strength of the PL we're probably looking at about 25-30 world class players in the league.

Back
Top Bottom