Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Arise Sir Maximilian, England international

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That run for the second goal was just a joy to behold.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

He struggled massively with Lookman in the channel but his run was fantastic

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quite happy they chose that performance to watch him! Thought it was Max's worst game of the season by far
Watched by Steve Thingy and Psycho so perhaps not his best game to impress the England watchers. There are not 4 or 5 better English CHs at present; has to be selected.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chelsea fans seem to either think we would sell him for peanuts (15-20m) or that Levi Colwill is better. Colwill admittedly having an impressive season and one of their youth players but Max has been one of the best CBs in the league this season.

Man I really dislike the fan bases of the Sky 6...

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Chelsea were watching him today, won’t have done him any favours.

Tough game for Max (and Nelson) against a very good Lookman. Steve Holland was there as well watching on for England.

One of his poorer games but was tough.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As some have said already, glad the scouts attended that game as i would say its possibly one of his worst games for Wolves, certainly his worst since becoming a regular in the team. Thought Lookman had a lot of joy down that side and a lot of Leicester attacks started there. Was a very strange game and maybe the exception proving King Kilmans rule.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't want to sell him. At least with Chelsea there won't be any arsing about with the price like Spurs. They'll pay what it takes if they really want him.

JH1902

Groupie
Reaction score
Talksh*te reporting that Chelsea are after him and that he's a boyhood Chelsea fan, has he ever openly said that he is a "boyhood Chelsea fan"?

Wasn't one of his best games yesterday so I'm glad the scouts decided to turn up to that one!

Wswolf

Reaction score
Talksh*te reporting that Chelsea are after him and that he's a boyhood Chelsea fan, has he ever openly said that he is a "boyhood Chelsea fan"?

Wasn't one of his best games yesterday so I'm glad the scouts decided to turn up to that one!
His brother is on the chelsea books. Suggests a family interest in chelsea

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not his best performance yesterday but the conditions were difficult. Could be wrong but looked like he let Lookman get in front of him for their goal. Very nice little run and pass to help build the position from which we scored the second goal.

It was like the arsenal goal in that we need to be quicker and tighter with these balls coming in to our six yard box and not let the opposition get these touches.

T

TheConcourse

Thought it was an intentional plan from Bruno yesterday to get Semedo higher up the pitch, but it left Max exposed which really needed one of Donk, Neves or Joao to drop in.

Tough to do that though as we constantly surrendered possession and Leicester did a really good job of controlling the middle of the pitch at times.

Much better when we played with a front three and reduced the amount of space Semedo needed to cover.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't want to sell any of our stars, but if they keep putting in good performances (or in the case of Kilman get an England call-up) then we will get offers in the summer from the big hitters either at home or abroad.

It's not out of the question you could see Kilman, Neves, and Adama moved on for serious money in the summer (and no, I don't want it to happen). Is it unreasonable to say Kilman and Neves could pull in the best part of £100m (to add to the £29m from Adama)?

Would you take £40m for Kilman and £60m for Neves?

Unfortunately, Jeff would see that as excellent business and an opportunity to reshape the squad, so I do think there is a high probability that would take that sort of money.

That is not a go at Jeff, we might think it a disaster and it may prove to be be - but recycling investment to build the whole squad for the long term is the strategy.

But I really don't know how you would replace someone like Neves.

I think this summer is going to be really interesting.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we win one or both of the next two games expect spurious rumours and bids from the ****ty 6 to come flooding in to unsettle us. Everything that can be done to de-rail us will be done.

fleck1

Reaction score
Cant be a shock to anyone that we now have players desired by other clubs. There will be scouts at every single game, every single game will be looked at by clubs with an interest in Kilman, Neves, Neto etc.. We will do the same, just generates clicks and likes on social media, more of a worry if clubs weren't taking an interest in our players.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No way of knowing who Chelsea scouts were watching if they were there, though Kilman/ and Tielemans the most likely.

It could have been the wind, but I thought his old positional weakness under the high ball came back a bit yesterday.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it was more likely they were watching Youri Tielemans. He has been linked with Chelsea for some time.

Oldskooldayz

Groupie
Reaction score
Inevitable he'd be linked at some stage with a top 4 side after this seasons performances. I do doubt a serious offer will come in this summer though, the kind of money we will demand for him after 1 good season will put off his suitors I think.

If he performs like this next season and gets into the England team though expect a £70M+ offer from 1 of the sky 6 and he will probably be off.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And so it begins, a report by Talksh*te says;
"Chelsea are considering a summer move for in-form Wolves defender Max Kilman, talkSPORT understands.

Boyhood Chelsea fan Kilman has been one of the stars of Wolves's unlikely climb into contention for a Champions League place.

The Blues are in the market for at least one new centre-back with both Andreas Christensen and Antonio Rudiger out of contract in the summer.

Scouts on behalf of the European champions have been watching former non-league ace Kilman in recent weeks."

It was only a matter of time before the big boys started to take notice and it has to be one of the big boys because Wolves can now be considered to be possibly the best of the rest, let the bids start at £50 million on a par with Ben White. White is roughly 5 months younger than Max and had appeared in 36 games in the PL for Brighton when he was signed by Arsenal for £50 million, Max has played 46 times for Wolves so they pretty much on a par with each other, the other player to draw comparisons with might be Nathan Ake whom I personally believe is not as good as Max who went to City at a similar age for allegedly £41 million, I think if Max continues his current form he will go to a Top 4 Team for a fee in excess of either of the 2 comparisons because we have no need to sell a player who still has years left on his contract and is still improving.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t remember Kilman specifically being bad.
Generally slightly poor performance from all, didn’t create much, but neither did they.
Certainly didn’t see anything worth Bruno having words for. He’s the gaffer though, he obviously saw something.
He switched off a bit at the set piece which they scored from. Thought he could have done a bit better for Leicester's goal too...
I still think he's brilliant!

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

NO. I raised the lad supporting Millwall. I wanted him to be tough.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I don't want to sell any of our stars, but if they keep putting in good performances (or in the case of Kilman get an England call-up) then we will get offers in the summer from the big hitters either at home or abroad.

It's not out of the question you could see Kilman, Neves, and Adama moved on for serious money in the summer (and no, I don't want it to happen). Is it unreasonable to say Kilman and Neves could pull in the best part of £100m (to add to the £29m from Adama)?

Unfortunately, Jeff would see that as excellent business and an opportunity to reshape the squad, so I do think there is a high probability that would take that sort of money.

That is not a go at Jeff, we might think it a disaster and it may prove to be be - but recycling investment to build the whole squad for the long term is the strategy.

I'd take £60M for Neves personally, can find a comparable player for around £40M imo + having £20M to get another forward in to compete with Raul.

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

Personally I wouldn’t take £140m for Neves. The guy just loves the club and he has become Wolverhampton’s own. There’s something special there and I can see Ruben lifting the CL trophy in his 10th season. It would be one of the greatest football stories of all time.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like Max could FINALLY get the recongition he fully deserves!
With the understandable spotlight on the situation in Ukraine and the emotions surrounding it I wonder if Max would change his international allegiance

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With the understandable spotlight on the situation in Ukraine and the emotions surrounding it I wonder if Max would change his international allegiance
I thought that it had already been established that having played futsal for England he couldn't.

Back
Top Bottom